Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New LM Surge inboard tool play

Offline mtblade

New LM Surge inboard tool play
on: October 27, 2019, 01:55:50 AM
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum.

I'm just bringing this problem to everyone's attention.

Bought a new Surge from Basspro shops. Received it Thursday and opened it to my disappointment. All the inboard tools have play in the up and down position as well as the tip of the scissor (spring side)  is ground like a 2 year old kid got his hands on it.  I called LM and spoke to Iridia in customer service. I had mentioned that the play is a tooling problem with LM, and the tolerance of the notch on the tools and lock tab are much too large, thus, creating the play in the up and down position. She assured me there is nothing wrong with the LM tooling, and their QC is at the highest level. She advised me to call BP to return it for another one since I purchased it through them. I have owned many LM multi-tools, not a single one has had this problem. I feel bad for BP, they were offering free 2 day shipping. They are eating the shipping as well on the return of this item. Not fair to BP if it's a LM problem.
Has anyone else experienced the same problem with their new Surge ??????
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:07:50 AM by mtblade »

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: New LM Surge inboard tool play
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:51:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum mtblade   :cheers:

I haven't heard of any problems like that on the Surge but stuff does get by QC at Leatherman. Hope the replacement you get is a good one  :tu:

Offline mtblade

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 01:33:32 PM
Thanks Steve.  I'll see what happens with the replacement and post back here on the forum.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 02:27:36 PM
Welcome to MTO.  Sorry to hear the Surge was a let down.  Once you get it sorted out I'm sure your user experience will be terrific.  The Surge is a favorite around here for good reason. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:28:06 PM
Welcome to  :MTO: hope you can get it all sorted out :tu:

Offline mtblade

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 10:36:50 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 10:44:12 PM
Hi mtblade and welcome to  :MTO: :cheers:
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Surge
I just checked my one but haven’t got any problems with
the tools I hope you will get a replacement soon and that you
Will have better luck with the replacement Surge  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

Offline mtblade

Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 12:10:33 AM
Hi mtblade and welcome to  :MTO: :cheers:
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Surge
I just checked my one but haven’t got any problems with
the tools I hope you will get a replacement soon and that you
Will have better luck with the replacement Surge  :tu:

Thanks. BP will be shipping it out tomorrow, 2 day FedEx. It should be in my hands on Wednesday. How long ago did you acquire your Surge ?
I'm wondering how many Surge's were produced on the run mine came out of and may have the same problem.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 01:36:53 PM
I bought my one about a year ago  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

Offline mtblade

Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 04:31:55 PM
I bought my one about a year ago  :tu:

Thanks. :drink:

ca Offline b_martin

Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 05:50:25 PM
LM will get it sorted out for you, their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with. They will definitely make it right.

Offline mtblade

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 06:13:10 PM
LM will get it sorted out for you, their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with. They will definitely make it right.

LM wouldn't help because I purchased it through Bass Pro Shop.  BP is sending me a new one.

ca Offline b_martin

Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 03:12:41 AM
LM wouldn't help because I purchased it through Bass Pro Shop.  BP is sending me a new one.

I find that hard to believe. LM even sent a prepaid label and customs form for me to sent a tool direct to Portland from Canada for a warranty issue, and that tool was originally purchased from Cabela's. It doesn't matter where you purchase it, LM covers the warranty.

Offline mtblade

Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 04:17:33 PM
I find that hard to believe. LM even sent a prepaid label and customs form for me to sent a tool direct to Portland from Canada for a warranty issue, and that tool was originally purchased from Cabela's. It doesn't matter where you purchase it, LM covers the warranty.

This is not a warranty issue. This is a replacement of a brand new tool. It must be returned to the merchant.
Unfortunately pretty much every forum has people just like you. You have nothing better to do but cast doubt and attempt to discredit other members to create turmoil within the forum, all because you, "Find it hard to believe"

Please feel free to call Iridia at LM, or better yet, call Melinda K. to understand LM's protocol.
Melinda is the customer service manager. You can ask her to see what she is willing to do if my replacement Surge that BP is sending me is defective.
I'm done with you. Any further posts by you will go unanswered.

ca Offline b_martin

Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 04:27:00 PM
This is not a warranty issue. This is a replacement of a brand new tool. It must be returned to the merchant.
Unfortunately pretty much every forum has people just like you. You have nothing better to do but cast doubt and attempt to discredit other members to create turmoil within the forum, all because you, "Find it hard to believe"

Please feel free to call Iridia at LM, or better yet, call Melinda K. to understand LM's protocol.
Melinda is the customer service manager. You can ask her to see what she is willing to do if my replacement Surge that BP is sending me is defective.
I'm done with you. Any further posts by you will go unanswered.

What the hell man? I was sharing my personal experience with their customer service regarding a brand new defective tool as well. I was neither trying to discredit you or cause turmoil within the forum, just sharing my opinion. I'm sorry that triggered you.

Don't post on a forum if you don't want the opinions of others.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 04:27:29 PM
That wasn't a personal attack mtblade :cheers: he was only referring to his personal experience and how LM treated him with a similar experience  :salute: no one here is like that ;) if you read much on this forum you will find we treat each others with respect and I will assume he was more flabbergasted that LM had you send the tool to BP instead of them.  We have seen similar cases and LM has had the buyer send a new tool back to where they received it rather than having to go through the warranty process :tu: if had sent the tool in without emailing prior then they would have simply warrantied the tool and sent it back with no questions asked :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 04:29:27 PM
What the hell man? I was sharing my personal experience with their customer service regarding a brand new defective tool as well. I was neither trying to discredit you or cause turmoil within the forum, just sharing my opinion. I'm sorry that triggered you.

I was about 30 seconds late on my reply but I hit the nail on the head :D try not to take it personal b, as we understood what you meant and him being new doesn't know how much of a family we really are here :tu:

Offline mtblade

Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 06:29:35 PM
I was about 30 seconds late on my reply but I hit the nail on the head :D try not to take it personal b, as we understood what you meant and him being new doesn't know how much of a family we really are here :tu:

To all who responded in what he posted.  I don't know him or his intentions. He could have and should have just posted his experience with LM., not open the post with  "  I find it hard to believe "   How would any of you take it when the first thing someone you don't know says " I find it hard to believe" 
That's all I have to say from here on in.

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 06:50:57 PM
 :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 06:51:30 PM
I responded because I know him and not you ;) I am a moderator and was trying to diffuse a situation that was unfounded so please keep respectful to others if you wish others to be respectful to you :salute: and that is all I will say from here on...as long as the matter is settled :tu: if not then you can PM me and we can work on it and keep this problem you are having from escalating any farther :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%