Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How to choose the right EDC flashlight

Offline stevenchen

on: November 21, 2019, 06:31:19 AM
Article Source : LINK REMOVED

Since it is an EDC LED flashlight, it is what we carry with us every day, and you can take it out with you.
EDC LED flashlight Seeker 2 Pro

What kind of product can you count as the best EDC LED flashlight?

First, reliable, in addition to being reliable or reliable.
Judging whether a flashlight is good or not, basically just take a look at the lamp head and you will know. The lamp head combines almost all the important parts of an EDC LED flashlight: LED, circuit, light cup or lens. When the lamp head is taken apart and the structure is looked at, basically the preliminary conclusion can be made.

The current EDC LED flashlights are basically made of aluminum alloy, and there is not much problem in all the strengths. All the structurally, the heat dissipation structure basically determines its reliability. The heat dissipation is not good, and the other parts do not need to continue to look down. Basically, the death penalty can be sentenced. This is like a person, the heart is not good, do you still expect him to run a marathon?

Operation is a direct EDC LED flashlight product experience.
If the reliability of an EDC LED flashlight is basically in place, then it depends on his operation. As a tool, we use it, and how it works, determines whether it can work in key situations.

A long time ago, I bought an EDC LED flashlight. I don’t say anything about the brand. Let’s talk about the structure. Very interesting structure, very advanced stepless dimming, I liked it at the time. With it for two months, I was ruthlessly put the drawer down, because it has two fatal flaws, one is that the standby current is too large, and the second is that the operation is too complicated. I am dull, that stepless dimming, I don’t know if it is bright or bright every time I open it.

Is the lens still a light cup? Spotlight or floodlight?
The most direct performance of an EDC LED flashlight is the optical part. The domestically produced flashlights are basically all light cups, the technology is mature, everyone will do it, and basically will not make mistakes. However, the limitations of the light cup are also there. Under the same diameter, the same LED is basically used to make the light spot of the LX2 TIR lens. The individual is very optimistic about the lens’s flashlight, because it can make a variety of different optical performances as needed, can be concentrated, can astigmatize, or can have both concentrating and flooding.

For spotlighting or floodlighting, I personally feel that it is better to concentrate and not to have a pure floodlight. In a word: the gathering of light can barely do the flooding, but the flooding can not do the gathering. Holding a concentrating tube in hand, there are various temporary methods to solve the lighting problem when flooding is required. But if you take a pure flood of light and ask you to find a target 30 meters away, you will definitely experience the taste of despair.

An EDC LED flashlight, if it only satisfies the function, it is just a tool.

As an EDC enthusiast, there must be a taste for EDC, there is a pursuit, a bit of grade. If a product is only satisfied with the function, it does not mean that it has been carefully designed. In my eyes, it is only a semi-finished product.
One inch long and one inch strong, one inch short and one inch is actually written here, many people have begun to give their own plans, there are AAA, AA, single lithium, 18650. In fact, I think the size of the EDC is suitable, depending on your loading capacity. To sum it up: Take the largest EDC flashlight you can bring.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:27:12 PM by zoidberg »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: How to choose the right EDC flashlight
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 01:37:54 PM
Really? :think:

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 05:48:29 PM
huh?
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 10:28:31 PM
Hehe.
I love my Thrunite Ti3.
It's not exactly the biggest....
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline William

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 12:58:05 AM
I like my TINI. 380 LUMENS.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 01:12:42 AM
???

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 01:31:31 AM
Thrunite T1
FW3A
Sofirn SP31 v2
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 02:27:55 AM
A few nights ago I was left in here when they turned the lights out?

My SC64w was just right and as usual is the one that I rely on every day based on my experience with it period.

And this pic is not even 1/2 the room.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 10:29:28 AM

I am assuming this is translated by google... I will take the bite and give a crack at this... >:D

Article Source : LINK REMOVED

Since it is an EDC LED flashlight, it is what we carry with us every day, and you can take it out with you.
EDC LED flashlight Seeker 2 Pro

What kind of product can you count as the best EDC LED flashlight?

First, reliable, in addition to being reliable or reliable.
Judging whether a flashlight is good or not, basically just take a look at the lamp head and you will know. The lamp head combines almost all the important parts of an EDC LED flashlight: LED, circuit, light cup or lens. When the lamp head is taken apart and the structure is looked at, basically the preliminary conclusion can be made.

I have to disagree, being reliable is many things, not just the circuitry.  Most people whom purchase a flashlight will not be able to take it apart before the purchase, and most users probably are not electrical engineering by trade, and even so, there is no way to tell whether the combination of hardware could make a flashlight reliable if we do not take the software into consideration.

The current EDC LED flashlights are basically made of aluminum alloy, and there is not much problem in all the strengths. All the structurally, the heat dissipation structure basically determines its reliability. The heat dissipation is not good, and the other parts do not need to continue to look down. Basically, the death penalty can be sentenced. This is like a person, the heart is not good, do you still expect him to run a marathon?

Heat dissipation does not determine reliability alone, it only gives more longevity to a led lifespan by less chance of overheating it.  You could have the best heat dissipation in the world, but with a faulty switch, the light could still be dead.

Operation is a direct EDC LED flashlight product experience.
If the reliability of an EDC LED flashlight is basically in place, then it depends on his operation. As a tool, we use it, and how it works, determines whether it can work in key situations.

A long time ago, I bought an EDC LED flashlight. I don’t say anything about the brand. Let’s talk about the structure. Very interesting structure, very advanced stepless dimming, I liked it at the time. With it for two months, I was ruthlessly put the drawer down, because it has two fatal flaws, one is that the standby current is too large, and the second is that the operation is too complicated. I am dull, that stepless dimming, I don’t know if it is bright or bright every time I open it.

Sorry to hear that, maybe reading reviews before purchasing from a reputable maker would help next time?

Is the lens still a light cup? Spotlight or floodlight?
The most direct performance of an EDC LED flashlight is the optical part. The domestically produced flashlights are basically all light cups, the technology is mature, everyone will do it, and basically will not make mistakes. However, the limitations of the light cup are also there. Under the same diameter, the same LED is basically used to make the light spot of the LX2 TIR lens. The individual is very optimistic about the lens’s flashlight, because it can make a variety of different optical performances as needed, can be concentrated, can astigmatize, or can have both concentrating and flooding.

For spotlighting or floodlighting, I personally feel that it is better to concentrate and not to have a pure floodlight. In a word: the gathering of light can barely do the flooding, but the flooding can not do the gathering. Holding a concentrating tube in hand, there are various temporary methods to solve the lighting problem when flooding is required. But if you take a pure flood of light and ask you to find a target 30 meters away, you will definitely experience the taste of despair.

By saying 'light cup', do you mean reflector?  Yes, reflector could be old tech, but it doesn't mean every flashlight maker gets it right all the time.  A reflector can be made to give more spot or flood light if needed, just like optics.  There exist numerous optics and reflectors, personally I won't say one is better than the other, just preferences.

An EDC LED flashlight, if it only satisfies the function, it is just a tool.

As an EDC enthusiast, there must be a taste for EDC, there is a pursuit, a bit of grade. If a product is only satisfied with the function, it does not mean that it has been carefully designed. In my eyes, it is only a semi-finished product.
One inch long and one inch strong, one inch short and one inch is actually written here, many people have begun to give their own plans, there are AAA, AA, single lithium, 18650. In fact, I think the size of the EDC is suitable, depending on your loading capacity. To sum it up: Take the largest EDC flashlight you can bring.

"One inch long and one inch strong"  <---I am sure we are not talking about swordfight here, unless we all only use our flashlight as batons.  Amongst all the flashlight purchased over the years, I still have my 6C maglight with me, does it mean I should try EDCing my 6C maglight?
:think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD