Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has the Gerber 30-001031 MP1 MRO been discontinued?

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Has the Gerber 30-001031 MP1 MRO been discontinued?
on: November 17, 2019, 01:47:33 AM
After the Gerber website was recently updated, I've noticed some drastic changes to this site.  Not all of them necessarily bad, but I will attest I did prefer the old design far much more.  That being said I am unable to find the MP1 MRO or even the MP1 on the site.  Even if you type the full model number, 30-001031, I've still been unable to locate said product on the Gerber website.   

This Gerber MP1 MRO is still sold at other distributors, yet Blade HQ on their site lists this product as quote on quote "discontinued".   Below is an image.

While I haven't called Gerber yet, I learned about this product only recently.  Perhaps only Blade HQ has discontinued selling this and this unit itself may not be discontinued? 

Thank you for any information. 

us Offline King_Gorilla

Re: Has the Gerber 30-001031 MP1 MRO been discontinued?
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:50:38 AM
That's not good  :(

I still want to get one of those.

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Re: Has the Gerber 30-001031 MP1 MRO been discontinued?
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 02:39:14 AM
That's not good  :(

I still want to get one of those.

So earlier today I called Gerber and the representative I spoke to mentioned that not only the 30-001031 MP MRO has been discontinued, the entire MP1 series has been discontinued this year as well.  While these products are still sold at various distributors, I have a feeling stock may or may not be limited depending on the distributor. 

While I have read the Gerber MP1 thread and I personally not a big fan of spring loaded pliers, the utility chisel/scraper, knife design, outside accessible tools and what appears to be a the prototype before the CenterDrive design 1/4 bit driver certainly are features either I've never seen before on any multi tool before and would be very handy to have.

Not sure if Grant or the moderators are fine with me posting links, so I am going to abstain from doing so.   However, merely typing in the title this thread should be more than enough to help with the search. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%