Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Becker Knives

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Re: Becker Knives
Reply #90 on: April 27, 2020, 10:52:10 PM

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #91 on: April 28, 2020, 06:27:40 AM
Thats not cool.  Understood you plan to use it and it will get scratched up BUT from you usage.  Back it goes even tho I am not the biggest fan of returning stuff.  If it was bought full price I want to be to one who puts the first dings on it.  If they want to give you a deep discount then.......   :dunno:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Becker Knives
Reply #92 on: April 28, 2020, 03:53:41 PM
I will have to do some work on the edge as well..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:07:43 PM by G-Dizzle »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #93 on: April 28, 2020, 05:17:18 PM
I actually never mind having to work on any knife edge.  I like to dial in the edge to suit my usage and the steels potential.  I've only left a very few edges alone.  My Izula I got from a member was amazing to name one. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: April 29, 2020, 05:00:53 AM
Ok. I’m going to start by saying that this could be a great number of things other than the fault of the knife. It could be inner bias because of the condition I received it in. It could be the fact that it does not have a very good edge yet. It could be the fact that my technique might be wrong. In a week when all of this is corrected I could completely change my tune.

I like the BK4 better. The BK21 didn’t chop all that well in thick stuff (transferred too much shock to the handle, didn’t cut deep enough for it’s forward weight.) It didn’t cut through thin stuff like the BK4 does. Going after vines was like hitting them with a stick. The BK4 is impressive to chop with, even when dulled. This is not. When I ordered it my desire was for a BK4 with longer reach. That’s not what this is so far.

Again, I could be completely off and when I do work on the edge and get better technique everything could change.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%