Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK mod Farmer into Bushcrafter

Offline icarus100sun

• New User
SAK mod Farmer into Bushcrafter
on: December 23, 2019, 12:36:01 AM
Hi Guys,
 I'm new to the forum and have just been directed here by a friendly member of BushcraftUK, so excuse me if my terms are a little off. I've been after a SAK bushcrafter for a while, Swiss bianco has been emailed several times but to no avail and the only place I can see one for sale is eBay for over 250 quid! this kind of defeats the purpose of a SAK knife. I was wondering if anybody offers a modding service? could a Farmer be turned into a Bushcrafter or better still...a two layer bushcrafter with a combo tool?
 cheers,
  Jon.

us Offline Simyo

Re: SAK mod Farmer into Bushcrafter
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 04:05:35 AM
Yes, it can be done either of them.  The straight bushcrafter is much cheaper because you would just need a farmer.  The other would need a farmer and compact.  Or you could just go straight crazy and make a wilderness.

Offline icarus100sun

• New User
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 12:48:17 PM
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I already have a bantam which has the combo tool. Are you up for doing the mods? if so I could purchase a Green farmer and have it delivered to you while I post you the bantam. What would be your price for doing the mod? and what is a Wilderness.
 Cheers mate.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 12:58:24 PM
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I already have a bantam which has the combo tool. Are you up for doing the mods? if so I could purchase a Green farmer and have it delivered to you while I post you the bantam. What would be your price for doing the mod? and what is a Wilderness.
 Cheers mate.
The Wilderness has a pruning blade as opposed to the Bushcrafters awl. Personally I think the awl is one of the best tools in the range - great for bushcraft and in general - the edge can be sharpened to act as a second blade plus it makes fantastic holes in stuff  :D

Check out SAKWiki for some great info on all things SAK - https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wilderness

As for doing the mod for you, unfortunately I don't have the time to do any at the moment or for the foreseeable future - life is happening in massive dollops here at chez Mags.

BTW if you want to swap the awl for the combo tool why not just keep the Farmer? Only one extra layer but the openers are both better in their own right than the combo (IMO obvs  :D)

Anyway, welcome to the forum and don't forget to check out the wiki - it's a rabbit hole that has claimed many of us as victims  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Simyo

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
I’m up for the mod, I have a bit of a backlog currently,  but shoot me a dm and we can talk, as far as the combotool you would need a donor from a compact or 111mm hunter/equestrian not the bantam.  The 84mm version sits to low unless you wanted to make an 84mm version using a bantam/cadet and a walker.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%