Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Trying to navigate Gerber's new website layout.

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Trying to navigate Gerber's new website layout.
on: November 30, 2019, 07:14:35 AM
Recently Gerber updated their website and while I did prefer the old design, overall this new layout works just as well.  That being said however, I am perplexed about some the information surrounding what multi tools have been discontinued or rather what is still in production.

As  this Gerber Factory outlet site lists the Gerber Legend MP 800 as discontinued and here is a link to the site as well.  https://gerber.factoryoutletstore.com/details/73769/gerber-legend-multi-plier-800.html

Along with Midway USA claiming the same information. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015485587/

Blade HQ listed the MP1 Maintenance Pro as discontinued and after speaking to a Gerber representative, I learned this is indeed the case as this series was discontinued this year.  So my question is, other than calling Gerber directly, is there a current list what Gerber has discontinued?    There was a Gerber representative that posted in another thread, so this would be great to hear directly from the company as well.

Chako has done a exceptional job with older Gerber information, so thankfully much of that Gerber information has been preserved. 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Trying to navigate Gerber's new website layout.
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 11:28:18 AM
In the General Discussion section, there is a sticky called Multitool Timeline. Not been updated lately...but it is a very good resource.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 11:51:44 PM
So I called Gerber the other day and I person I spoke to briefly mentioned that the Gerber MP800 is still in production, but the Gerber MP450 has been discontinued.  After being on hold for a while, the person I spoke to was unable to verify officially this was discontinued.  My guess and it's just that was in 2017. 

To any Gerber representative or anyone that has any affiliation with Gerber,  why is the  knife nail nick inverted  with the Scout, MP400, Diesel, yet not the MP450?  Was this considering a selling point?  This isn't the biggest deal, yet when I recently bought a factory sealed MP450, the file and knives both accessible from the front side of the pliers.    Not trying to asking for legally sensitive information, although I am not sure how one could copyright or trademark item orientation though.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 04:55:30 AM
Some good info, CC :salute: I need to try and get to editing the Timeline :facepalm: :D

Also I may head over and check the new Gerber site :cheers:

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 05:02:07 AM
While the information can be sparse, BladeHQ can also be decent for some information.  Chako knows a great deal of information about Gerber and it's amazing the level of information that has been provided on this forum. 

Just bought a Pro Scout via the newly designed Gerber site on Black Friday.  Seems to be a decent tool, although the replaceable saw holder takes some time to get used to.  Wish Gerber sometime in the future will create a t shank variation and replace the u shank.  That u shank is an old design. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%