Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Flashlight Mini Reviews

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Flashlight Mini Reviews
on: December 04, 2019, 03:59:09 AM
I thought I might start a thread where we can post some small reviews of some of our favorite lights. I don't really intend to do in depth reviews like the very excellent type that they do over and BudgetLightForum. Theirs are complete with charts and graphs and every detail one can imagine. I just figured we could do small reviews that go over the basics of the lights and what it is that we like about them.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

it Offline Stefano

Re: Flashlight Mini Reviews
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:41:06 AM
Every impression of use is certainly appreciated by flashlights enthusiasts !

us Offline spudley112

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:42:52 AM
I have some reviews coming up. Thrunite T1, Olight M2R Pro and Imalent HR20 headlamp.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:01:50 AM
I’ll try to write up a couple on some of mine over the next couple of days.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 11:15:00 AM
Look forward to these reviews, one benefit of reading a user review is to be able see it in real world use and if it is done in comparison to similar lights in budget or size, even better. :popcorn:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 02:20:14 PM
Lots of benefits hearing of ones personal views on lights.  Looking forward to both of you doing reviews.  Thank you in advance. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 03:17:22 PM
I thought I might start a thread where we can post some small reviews of some of our favorite lights. I don't really intend to do in depth reviews like the very excellent type that they do over and BudgetLightForum. Theirs are complete with charts and graphs and every detail one can imagine. I just figured we could do small reviews that go over the basics of the lights and what it is that we like about them.

So where is the review? :whistle:

us Offline spudley112

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 04:18:58 PM
Thrunite T1

One of my favorite EDC lights is my Thrunite T1. Originally, I was looking closedly at the Olight S1R as a pocket sized EDC light that could accompany me anywhere, then i happened upon the Thrunite T1 and decided the higher upper limit (1500 lumens) and longer runtime on the lower end were more to my liking. I placed information below from Thrunite's website to cover the details.

I thought I would talk about the details that make this such an attractive light for me. Although we are still right in the middle of the lumen wars, one of the features that means a lot to me is the ability to run for and extended period of time. I really look for lights that have firefly or moonlight modes that allow a used to run the light for days without the need for recharging. The T1 provides this well with a moonlight mode that provides enough light to navigate, while providing a run time of 14 days.

Not to sound hypocritical after the above statement, but I also like a light that provides a blinding amount of light on command if needed. The 1500 lumens of the T1 certainly provides that! It is a very floody light that showers the area in front of you with light, pushing the night back in many directions.

UI
There are so many flashlight UIs out there these days, there is surely one to fit the needs of the individual, it is just a matter of finding the one for you. The Thrunite T1 definitely has the UI that I like the most. It is simple and provides just about everything I need. I love the current crop of ramping UIs out there and the one on the T1 is perfect for me. Basically, press the button to turn on the light and hold down the button and the light begins ramping. Once the light reaches the max or lowest output, it will blink, letting the user know it has reached that limit. To access moonlight mode, press and hold the button for about 1 to 2 seconds. Turbo is reached by double clicking the button. A strobre function is also available, but for me, especially on this light, it is something I am unlikely to use very often.

What makes this UI great for me is that I can set the light to the upper end of the ramp so that bright light is available to me immediately if needed...perhaps for camping or checking out noises in the middle of the night, but a long press of the button provides navigational light that won't wake anyone up or kill my night vision. I have the ability to choose the exact light level that I want to fit the activity in which I am engaged and turbo is always at my fingertips (pun intended).

All of this comes in a package that I can clip to my pocket and run about my daily tasks without having to think about it. Like they say though, the best light when it goes dark, is the one you have in your pocket.

Product Description

The T1 is a tailcap-magnetic rechargeable LED flashlight,equipped with CREE XHP50 LED to make output up to 1,500 lumens and max beam distance of 102 meters. Lockout Function can prevent accidental activation in bag or pocket.

Features

ULTRA BRIGHT - Max 1500 lumens flashlight CREE XHP50 LED bulb producing an intense beam of bright light  up to 335 ft / 102 m.
MAGNETIC TAILCAP FREE YOUR HANDS - Hands-free use with magnetic tailcap, dual direction clip, perfect for any hands free mechanic work.
VERSATILE MODES - Firefly/ Turbo/ Strobe and stepless dimming modes.Long press side switch to activate stepless dimming, choose your desired brightness freely.
RECHARGEABLE - Powered by an included  rechargeable 1100mAh Lithium-ion Battery.Built-in USB charging port and cable and no extra new battery will be needed. It will remind you to charge when battery voltage is low.
COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Compact design fits comfortably in your pocket, backpack, 2.5oz, 2.7 inch in length.
Specifications

LED: 1 X CREE XHP 50 LED.
Output mode/Runtime:
Turbo: 1500Lm-408Lm (3mins+80mins)
Strobe:700Lm(120minutes)
Infinity High: 685Lm(80 minutes)
Infinity Low: 15 Lm(36 hours )
Firefly: 1 Lm(14 days)
Working voltage:2.7V-4.2V
Battery: ThruNite 3.7V 1100mAh 18350 battery included
Max beam distance: 102 meters
Peak beam intensity: 2600 cd.
Waterproof: IPX-8 Standard (2M)
Impact resistance: 1M
Weight: 71.5g with battery
Dimensions:69.5mm*26.5mm*22mm
Accessories: Pocket clip x1, Spare O-rings x2, Lanyard x1, ThruNite 1100mAh 18350 battery x1, USB Charging Cable x1, Spare USB Rubber Cover x1

Operation

Lock/Unlock
Under the lockout mode, press and hold the side switch for 3 seconds to unlock the flashlight. When the flashlight is off, press and hold the side switch for 1 second to enter firefly mode. Under firefly mode, press and hold the side switch for 3 seconds to access the lockout mode.

Turn ON/OFF
Press the side switch to turn the light on/off.

Change Modes
With the light is on, long press the switch to circle through infinity high and infinity low. Shortcut to firefly: When the light is off, press and hold the side switch for 1 second to get firefly mode. Double click to turn to turbo from any mode. Triple click to get strobe.

Memory Function
The light will turn on in the last mode used, except firefly, turbo and strobe.

Recharging Function: The max charging current is 500mA.During charging, the indicator is RED. After being fully charged, the indicator will be BLUE. When indicator flashes purple, it means abnormal charging. Only firefly and low modes are available while charging.

it Offline Stefano

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 05:34:56 PM
Led XHP50 and with 2600 cd must be really flood :)
The photo in your hand is useful because it allows you to evaluate the size of the light well.
I like that Thrunite allows you to choose between cold white and neutral white.

us Offline mpgt

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 05:38:08 PM
My favorite flashlight ever:
FOURSEVENS Maelstrom Regen MMR-X
Just the right size for me
USB rechargeable, programmable modes

Sadly no longer available.

us Offline spudley112

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 05:40:26 PM
Lately, most of my lights have been the "tactical" type lights like the Fenix PD35TAC style. I love the Thrunite T1 UI and was very happy to see that Thrunite offers the best of both worlds in the Thrunite Neutron 2C. I should have the Neutron by tomorrow so I look forward to trying it out.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 05:51:52 PM
Lots of benefits hearing of ones personal views on lights.  Looking forward to both of you doing reviews.  Thank you in advance.

:iagree: :like:

and great mini review, spud :like:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 04:17:00 AM
Fenix E16 vs Olight S1 Mini

I figured for my first mini review, I would do a comparison between two similar lights that are both from well known manufacturers.

The Fenix E16 and Olight S1 Mini are both extremely small CR123/16340 flashlights with a side switch.  Their technical specifications are easily accessed on their respect pages, so I’m going to go through more the differences and my impressions.

Size - The E16 is smaller but not significantly.  The heads of both are the same size but the E16 body is slightly narrower and the E16 is slightly shorter.  Both are relatively the same weight.

Brightness - The E16 max lumens is higher (700 vs 600) especially if comparing the S1 hi cri version (450).  The S1 has a  lower low (.5 vs 3).  The S1 has 5 levels vs the E16 4.

Tint - The Fenix only comes in XP-L HI, which they call neutral but to me seemed warm with definite orange tint.  The S1 comes in a cool white XM-L2 (6500k) or an XP-G3 CW hi cri (5500k). 

Optics/Beam - The S1 uses TIR so it has a less defined little defined hotspot which makes it appear floody, but also means it does not have a flat front lens.  The E16 has slightly more throwier beam which is probably partly do to the higher lumens but also due to the reflector and optical lense.

Runtime - there is a 10 minute difference on high in favor of the E16 (65 vs 55 minutes).  The low runtime difference is 15 days (S1) vs 70hr (E16) which is obviously due to the .5 vs 3 lumen

Clip - Both have two-way clips.  The E16 clip rotates on the body, so it may cover the side-switch

UI - Both have side switches, but the E16 switch is metal vs a rubber covered S1.  To switch between modes the S1 switch is held down while the E16 switches modes by repeated pressing of the switch.  Both have mode memory, but with the S1 if shut-off while on turbo then turns back on at medium.

Water/Dust resistance - the E16 is certified as IP68 to 2m (protected from dust ingress and water immersion resistant to 2m), while the S1 is IPX8 (not tested for dust and water immersion resistant greater than 1m.

Powered by: Both lights use CR123 or 16340 batteries.  They are not considered rechargeable lights but if a 16340 with a micro usb port is used, they can easily be charged with a single cable vice charger. 

Other aspects - Both have an electrical lock-out to prevent turning on in the pocket.  The E16 clip can also be rotated to cover the side switch to act as a physical lock-out as well.

Both lights are quality lights that have a lot of brightness in a small package.  They are easily sized for pocket carry.  I looked into them originally as a back-up to my normal edc where I could use for the battery to put in my primary light or as a spare light.

Comparison photo

Compared to a delrin cr123 case and Olight 16340

Another option which is very similar in size and output, but uses a twist UI instead of side switch, is the FourSevens Mini MKIII.
[/QUOTE]

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 05:44:00 AM
spudley112, thank you for such detail review.  I admit I never am a big fan for side switch or complicated programming, since I fear it might accidentally turn on in pants or I may forget how the light function if I haven't used it for a while.  But gonna admit with 1500 lm cramps in such a small body, it is rather amazing!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 05:49:40 AM

Sos24, thank you too for a great review.  I am a fan of twisty, since it helps to reduce body size, and has one less mechanical failure to worry about.  But having said that, I too could appreciate the convenience of a button flashlight, especially it requires programming or it's longer in length. 

IIRC, Olight was one of the first brands to bring out a small form factor with side button, and it was an instant hit.  I do love the firefly or moonlight mode being really low indeed and only visible for dark adjusted eyes, which by all intent and purposes, great for emergency/survival use.

Nice tip on using the clip to prevent accidental turn-on for the Fenix!  I just looked up it's spec, and am thoroughly impressed by its small size.  I think being at 2in, it's even shorter than the 47 MK3.

us Offline Sos24

Flashlight Mini Reviews
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 06:47:16 AM
Sos24, thank you too for a great review.  I am a fan of twisty, since it helps to reduce body size, and has one less mechanical failure to worry about.  But having said that, I too could appreciate the convenience of a button flashlight, especially it requires programming or it's longer in length. 

IIRC, Olight was one of the first brands to bring out a small form factor with side button, and it was an instant hit.  I do love the firefly or moonlight mode being really low indeed and only visible for dark adjusted eyes, which by all intent and purposes, great for emergency/survival use.

Nice tip on using the clip to prevent accidental turn-on for the Fenix!  I just looked up it's spec, and am thoroughly impressed by its small size.  I think being at 2in, it's even shorter than the 47 MK3.

Here is a picture of the 47 MK3 and the S1 Mini side-by-side.  The E16 is slightly smaller than both of them.  I would have added the 47 Mini, but mine is a Vinh modded one with different emitter and driver.

it Offline Stefano

Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 02:20:17 PM
Today the Fenix CL09 was delivered (CL = Camping Lantern)

A few years ago I bought two CL05s, they work with a AAA battery.

I have used the CL05 a lot, never in the camp but only as a position light fixed to the backpack or held in my hand - it is useful to be seen when you walk on the roadside.
When I walk in the dark on the edge of the road I use a Armytek or Zebralight Headlamp but I keep the beam pointed downwards and with reduced power so as not to create problems for the cars on the way, this makes me less visible from behind and here is the usefulness of these mini lanterns.

I was aiming to buy a third CL05 but I discovered that it is no longer in production (if someone is interested in old CL05 the German importer Flashlightshop still has some CL05 in store)

So I decided to buy the next model (CL09) it only cost 33, 49 euros on my italian Amazon.
The CL09 is a bit bigger, instead of 1xAAA it uses a lithium battery (CR123A or rechargeable 16340)

A Fenix rechargeable battery with a built-in USB-C socket is included in the package (useful for those without a charger)

Using it with a CR123 A primary battery the autonomy is greater but with the rechargeable battery provided you save money and avoid polluting the environment.

At this link I show an image taken from the site of the manufacturer where you can see the runtime with the two different batteries.

http://www.fenixlight.com/Uploads/photo/20176289100999830.jpg

In the package there is also a spare OR rubber ring and a key ring.

Unlike the small CL05, the CL09 version has a magnetic base (very useful!)
The old CL05 had a white light with a maximum power of 8 lumens but here we have 200 lumens.
Both lights turn on with rotation (tighten and loosen) this allows you to vary the levels, there are various light levels of white light, green light, red light (red: fixed or intermittent)
It may be useful for the camping/tent but also to those who use it as a position light.
Size and weight are greater than the old CL05 but are still small.

These are the measurements provided by the manufacturer:
size:
Length: 3.09 "(78.5mm)
Diameter: 0.86 ″ (22mm)
Weight: 1.11 oz. (31.5g) excluding battery
IPX 68 waterprood (2 meters)

Those a comparison with an Armytek Elf C2

Here the old CL05 (in pink color) compared  with the new CL09

I can't wait to try it later, if as I think I will be satisfied I will buy a second piece.
This mini / review was written with Google translator, if the translation is terrible please excuse me.   :D

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:32:29 PM by Stefano »

us Offline spudley112

Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 03:31:43 PM
Excellent review Stefano!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 03:39:33 PM
Awesome thread gents. :cheers:  I've got some reading to do.  :popcorn:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

it Offline Stefano

Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 05:56:06 PM

Thanks to all

In the end I bought the second piece, these are lights that when they give satisfaction is better to have more (if they go out of production) I think the sales numbers are very low.
I did some tests, even the CL09 fits into the backpack's MOLLE system.
I took two pictures but I can't add them to the review because the site says it's been too long and I can't edit the post.
Green light + red light picture
On the green light Fenix says that it increases attention, perhaps a car driver seeing a "different" light slows the gear to observe and is more cautious?

us Offline spudley112

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 07:43:14 PM
I can definitely see that being a great safety light...and a great mini lantern while out camping. For someone with children, that light would be a great item to attach to a belt loop or something so that they can navigate in the dark, and so parents can easily locate them if wandering around camp.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 08:00:48 PM
Thanks for the review, Stefano.  I completely agree with buying a second if you really like the light, which os why I have two of a few different lights.

it Offline Stefano

Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 08:52:58 PM
Thanks for the review, Stefano.  I completely agree with buying a second if you really like the light, which os why I have two of a few different lights.

CL05 and 09 are two useful but also "strange" products.
I could have also avoided buying a second CL09 because with version 05 and 09 I have a total of three pieces (now divided into various backpacks)

My fear is that being a product that is probably not in demand and sold the producer ceases production.
However the market does not offer similar products (I don't see anyone who has copied the idea)
Nitecore has made the LA10 and LR10 models but they are torches with extractable diffuser and however very different from this Fenix CL05/09.
Always Nitecore has made many lanterns but none so small and transportable in a pocket.

Of CL09 I like that it is small, light (I can't hear it in my pocket) and has various lighting options withe/red/green.

us Offline spudley112

Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:58 PM
Olight M2R Pro Warrior

When the Black Friday deals started coming in, I was scouring the internet looking for ones I could not pass up. Olight came out with some great deals and I was able to get a couple of M2R Pro Warriors for $75 each. A lot of the folks over at BudgetLightForum are not too pleased with Olight on this one because it uses a proprietary battery and it is a bit expensive. When I mentioned the Olight Black Friday deals over at BLF, there were a lot of people that thought making the purchase was not very smart...but then again, we enthusiasts buy lights that the average person would laugh about in the first place. Besides, we buy Lithium Ion batteries for prices that seem ridiculous when compared to the prices of AA or AAA batteries. I guess it is all perspective. Me...I am happy with my purchase.

I bought this light because I intend to mount it on my M14 Rifle, but also because I saw a light that checks a few boxes for me in an EDC light as well. As I have previously stated, the things I like are long run times at lower levels, but also the ability to put out an incredible amount of light when needed. All this needs to have a UI that does not require me to go through a lot of settings that I don't want to use. I also like usb charging. I know there are many in the flashaholics community that have not warmed up to usb charging, but I love it.

The M2R Pro is a dual switch model. It has a tail switch and a side switch. Unlike many tactical lights of this configuration, you do not have to engage the tail switch first on the M2R Pro. The switches basically run two different UI functions on the light. The side switch is pressed to turn on the light at the last mode chosen. A long press activates the moonlight mode (1 lumen) and double pressing it activates turbo (1800 lumens). Triple tap for strobe. Once on, press and hold to cycle through brightness levels.

The tail switch can be pushed part of the way in and it activates the medium 2 mode (250 lumens) push in all the way for turbo. Pressing and holding activates momentary mode on the tail switch, but if you quickly press and release quickly (either half way or full press), the light will stay on until you press the tail switch again.

All of this might seem like a lot, but once you get used to it, it really is pretty simple. What I like about this set up, is that I can set the side switch to come on in moonlight mode, so any time I want to navigate without disturbing others, or destroying my night vision, I can just use the side switch. However, the setup of the tail switch lets me quickly access high light outputs without having to cycle up.

I will post run times and tech specs at the bottom of the page.

Here is the light. It is a tank of a "tactical" light and I can see this handling about any activity.

As you can see, the light is definitely aimed at tactical use.

Tail switch. It has three raised elements on the outer ring to prevent accidental activation and to allow the light to tail stand.

The tail switch and outer ring also act as the charging area for the proprietary magnetic charger. What it nice is there is no need to try to plug in a mini usb cable, The magnetic charger snaps onto the light with ease. The optional remote switch attaches this way also.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Beam Distance (ft)                   984.3
Beam Distance (m)                   300
Max. Performance (lumens)   1800

Charge type-MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable
Compatible Batteries-Customized 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable lithium battery
Light Intensity (candela)-22,400
Lens / Reflector Type-Smooth reflector (central area and flood area).
Mode Operation-Dual Switch

LIGHTING LEVELS:

LEVEL 1 (lumens)   1800~750~250
Run-time LEVEL 1   
4.5 minutes (145+45 minutes).

LEVEL 2 (lumens)   750~250
Run-time LEVEL 2   
160+40 minutes.

LEVEL 3 (lumens)   250
Run-time LEVEL 3   
10 hours.

LEVEL 4 (lumens)   60
Run-time LEVEL 4   
40 hours.

LEVEL 5 (lumens)   15
Run-time LEVEL 5   
130 hours.

LEVEL 6 (lumens)   1
Run-time LEVEL 6   
50 days.

Strobe                   Yes
SOS / BEACON   Yes

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Waterproof   IPX8
Weight (g / oz)   179g/6.31oz
Length (mm / in)   136.50 / 5.37
Head Diameter (mm / in)   29.50/ 1.16
Body Diameter (mm / in)   26.20/1.03
Led   High performance neutral white LED
Packaging   Carton box
Use   hunting, tactical, military, security and protection, police, EDC, outdoor, professional activities, police;

Package Contents   

Olight M2R Pro flashlight x 1
Stainless Steel Pocket Clip x 1
Customized 5000 mAh 21700 Rechargeable Lithium Battery x 1
MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable x 1
Lanyard x 1
Holster x 1
user manual x 1

it Offline Stefano

Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 09:30:06 PM
@spudley112
Congratulations is really a beautiful light!
Powerful, neutral tint, 6 well spaced levels, 2A magnetic charge
I saw that on Italian Amazon it is sold for 130 euros, you bought 2 pieces almost for the price of one.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 06:43:19 AM
Here is a picture of the 47 MK3 and the S1 Mini side-by-side.  The E16 is slightly smaller than both of them.  I would have added the 47 Mini, but mine is a Vinh modded one with different emitter and driver.

(Image removed from quote.)

I remember seeing a few of your lights are being modded by Vinh, and am curious are there any great benefits to that?  Or it caters the light better to the user(tint/levels)?

I remembered back in the days when led tech just came in, people on cpf were finding all different ways to retrofit the led and circuit with multiple levels/features into exist bodies.  But as time progressed, all those bells and whistles became the new norm, and the need to mod felt less necessary.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 07:06:00 AM

:iagree:  I too have attached beacon lights to a few bags/packs I used often for travel, and it managed to save my ass more than a few times at night.  I gonna do a brief review on that soon.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 07:07:58 AM
Olight M2R Pro Warrior

When the Black Friday deals started coming in, I was scouring the internet looking for ones I could not pass up. Olight came out with some great deals and I was able to get a couple of M2R Pro Warriors for $75 each. A lot of the folks over at BudgetLightForum are not too pleased with Olight on this one because it uses a proprietary battery and it is a bit expensive. When I mentioned the Olight Black Friday deals over at BLF, there were a lot of people that thought making the purchase was not very smart...but then again, we enthusiasts buy lights that the average person would laugh about in the first place. Besides, we buy Lithium Ion batteries for prices that seem ridiculous when compared to the prices of AA or AAA batteries. I guess it is all perspective. Me...I am happy with my purchase.

I bought this light because I intend to mount it on my M14 Rifle, but also because I saw a light that checks a few boxes for me in an EDC light as well. As I have previously stated, the things I like are long run times at lower levels, but also the ability to put out an incredible amount of light when needed. All this needs to have a UI that does not require me to go through a lot of settings that I don't want to use. I also like usb charging. I know there are many in the flashaholics community that have not warmed up to usb charging, but I love it.

The M2R Pro is a dual switch model. It has a tail switch and a side switch. Unlike many tactical lights of this configuration, you do not have to engage the tail switch first on the M2R Pro. The switches basically run two different UI functions on the light. The side switch is pressed to turn on the light at the last mode chosen. A long press activates the moonlight mode (1 lumen) and double pressing it activates turbo (1800 lumens). Triple tap for strobe. Once on, press and hold to cycle through brightness levels.

The tail switch can be pushed part of the way in and it activates the medium 2 mode (250 lumens) push in all the way for turbo. Pressing and holding activates momentary mode on the tail switch, but if you quickly press and release quickly (either half way or full press), the light will stay on until you press the tail switch again.

All of this might seem like a lot, but once you get used to it, it really is pretty simple. What I like about this set up, is that I can set the side switch to come on in moonlight mode, so any time I want to navigate without disturbing others, or destroying my night vision, I can just use the side switch. However, the setup of the tail switch lets me quickly access high light outputs without having to cycle up.

I will post run times and tech specs at the bottom of the page.

Here is the light. It is a tank of a "tactical" light and I can see this handling about any activity.

As you can see, the light is definitely aimed at tactical use.

Tail switch. It has three raised elements on the outer ring to prevent accidental activation and to allow the light to tail stand.

The tail switch and outer ring also act as the charging area for the proprietary magnetic charger. What it nice is there is no need to try to plug in a mini usb cable, The magnetic charger snaps onto the light with ease. The optional remote switch attaches this way also.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Beam Distance (ft)                   984.3
Beam Distance (m)                   300
Max. Performance (lumens)   1800

Charge type-MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable
Compatible Batteries-Customized 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable lithium battery
Light Intensity (candela)-22,400
Lens / Reflector Type-Smooth reflector (central area and flood area).
Mode Operation-Dual Switch

LIGHTING LEVELS:

LEVEL 1 (lumens)   1800~750~250
Run-time LEVEL 1   
4.5 minutes (145+45 minutes).

LEVEL 2 (lumens)   750~250
Run-time LEVEL 2   
160+40 minutes.

LEVEL 3 (lumens)   250
Run-time LEVEL 3   
10 hours.

LEVEL 4 (lumens)   60
Run-time LEVEL 4   
40 hours.

LEVEL 5 (lumens)   15
Run-time LEVEL 5   
130 hours.

LEVEL 6 (lumens)   1
Run-time LEVEL 6   
50 days.

Strobe                   Yes
SOS / BEACON   Yes

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Waterproof   IPX8
Weight (g / oz)   179g/6.31oz
Length (mm / in)   136.50 / 5.37
Head Diameter (mm / in)   29.50/ 1.16
Body Diameter (mm / in)   26.20/1.03
Led   High performance neutral white LED
Packaging   Carton box
Use   hunting, tactical, military, security and protection, police, EDC, outdoor, professional activities, police;

Package Contents   

Olight M2R Pro flashlight x 1
Stainless Steel Pocket Clip x 1
Customized 5000 mAh 21700 Rechargeable Lithium Battery x 1
MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable x 1
Lanyard x 1
Holster x 1
user manual x 1

I like how well built is the light, and how the end part helps the light to stand with a tailcap.  :like:

us Offline Sos24

Flashlight Mini Reviews
Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 07:33:07 AM
I remember seeing a few of your lights are being modded by Vinh, and am curious are there any great benefits to that?  Or it caters the light better to the user(tint/levels)?

I remembered back in the days when led tech just came in, people on cpf were finding all different ways to retrofit the led and circuit with multiple levels/features into exist bodies.  But as time progressed, all those bells and whistles became the new norm, and the need to mod felt less necessary.

His mod vary in complexity but may be as complex as emitter, optics, and drivers.

The FourSevens Mini, pictured above, has a different emitter, driver and is also boosted in output power.   The Mini has an SST 40 that gives 1200 lumen with 20 different configurations available depending on personal preference. 

I also have an Emissar D4 v2 by Vinh that has throw optics and a different emitter (White 2).  This configuration has a decrease in max lumens to 3900 but increase the throw by about 80m to 424m.

I also have a Jetbeam RRT01 with just a different emitter (HiCri SST20) which was main.y because he was one of the first people to have them for sale.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:46:06 AM by Sos24 »

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 09:07:09 AM
His mod vary in complexity but may be as complex as emitter, optics, and drivers.

The FourSevens Mini, pictured above, has a different emitter, driver and is also boosted in output power.   The Mini has an SST 40 that gives 1200 lumen with 20 different configurations available depending on personal preference. 

I also have an Emissar D4 v2 by Vinh that has throw optics and a different emitter (White 2).  This configuration has a decrease in max lumens to 3900 but increase the throw by about 80m to 424m.

I also have a Jetbeam RRT01 with just a different emitter (HiCri SST20) which was main.y because he was one of the first people to have them for sale.

These are wild numbers!

I am wondering is there a driver smart enough to know the difference between li-ion rechargeable vs primary batteries, so it will know when to stop or when to completely vampire drain the batteries, while maximizing efficiency and runtime? :whistle:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%