Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you think of Olight's free I3E flashlight?

Offline stevenchen

What do you think of Olight's free I3E flashlight?
on: November 26, 2019, 12:59:28 PM
I recently found a free flashlight, which is a 90 lumen Olight keychain flashlight I3E, which requires registration to get it. Do you think this flashlight is worth receive?

Maybe we could talk about it when I learn not to spam forums?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:52:51 PM by Grant Lamontagne »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: What do you think of Olight's free I3E flashlight?
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 01:03:35 PM
For sure!
And exactly what is the downside to registration on their site? :dunno:

These are great little lights and overall they make pretty great lights and will simply be letting you know more about them too. :gimme:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 02:20:38 PM
Heck yeah! It's a really good (and bright!) compact flashlight. Even smaller than a Maglite Solitaire, but twice the output.  I will have one little complaint about it--tends to get warm if left on for an extended period. I have bought three--black (which I got for registering an account with them a long time ago, think it got lost during some home renovations this year--probably behind a bathroom wall by now), another black one (which I gave to my folks--it's on the house keys; I bought that one to get an i1R free), and a Desert Tan (my current user). And when ordering the i1R2, I'll be getting another (or two!). I will likely purchase a Baton this time as well. I see come December, there will be a red model.

And on Black Friday, the i1R2 (an upgraded version of the original, which I have, coincidentally, got it free with "any purchase" which was my second i3e--I have three. The Dese) is supposed to be free to those of us (myself included) who already have accounts with them. The i1R is probably the only light that tops the i3EOS. Half the size, but slightly more output. And, rechargeable with a common (if not ubiquitous) Micro USB cable.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:17:57 PM by cody6268 »

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 06:42:35 PM
I will have to say yes too! Got one for myself a couple of month ago and just ordered three new ones as gifts

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:40:59 PM
Heck yeah! It's a really good (and bright!) compact flashlight. Even smaller than a Maglite Solitaire, but twice the output.  I will have one little complaint about it--tends to get warm if left on for an extended period. I have bought three--black (which I got for registering an account with them a long time ago, think it got lost during some home renovations this year--probably behind a bathroom wall by now), another black one (which I gave to my folks--it's on the house keys; I bought that one to get an i1R free), and a Desert Tan (my current user). And when ordering the i1R2, I'll be getting another (or two!). I will likely purchase a Baton this time as well. I see come December, there will be a red model.

And on Black Friday, the i1R2 (an upgraded version of the original, which I have, coincidentally, got it free with "any purchase" which was my second i3e--I have three. The Dese) is supposed to be free to those of us (myself included) who already have accounts with them. The i1R is probably the only light that tops the i3EOS. Half the size, but slightly more output. And, rechargeable with a common (if not ubiquitous) Micro USB cable.

:iagree:

Those i1R lights are awesome, got one for each member of my family.  You don't notice that it's there, but when you need it, its output is just amazing  :tu:.

P.S.: I love my S1R Baton also  ;).

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 11:49:42 PM
Yep...I1R is my favorite keychain light. I love the ability to access higher levels by twisting the head more. The whole thing is simple and has great light output and being able to recharge it with a common mini usb is the icing on the cake.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 01:03:45 AM
Definitely worth it.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:41 AM
I can never remember which Olight is which...  :think:

:worthless:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 02:50:19 AM
 :whistle:

20160906_115431 (800 x 480).jpg
* 20160906_115431 (800 x 480).jpg (Filesize: 177.49 KB)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 04:36:27 AM
I’m now up to 5 of the i3e model, all acquired when the olight store was giving them away (+$5 shipping). For $5, I think they’re hard to beat. They are well made and bright. Though, for a single mode I think they’re too bright for an up close task light, and the beam is too floody for distance use, so it seems more an exercise in lumens chasing than beneficial output. But, $5...

Now, I’ve shied away from the i1r after reading something, probably on cpf, about it not having some sort of protection for the cell. Maybe over discharge  :think:  I can’t remember specifically, only that I didn’t find the marginal decrease in size worth any increased risk in going boom   
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

Offline stevenchen

Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 08:36:18 AM
I recently found a free flashlight, which is a 90 lumen Olight keychain flashlight I3E, which requires registration to get it. Do you think this flashlight is worth receive?
(see comment above )
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:47:03 PM by Aloha »

Offline stevenchen

Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 08:41:06 AM
When I was looking for a flashlight, I saw an activity on the official website of olight. As long as you register, you can get an i3e flashlight. What do you think of this?

Offline stevenchen

Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 08:41:52 AM
This is the activity link:
(see comment above )
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:47:28 PM by Aloha »

us Offline Sos24

Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 08:59:41 AM
Are you asking if it is worth registering on the site to get the I3e free or what is the opinion about the flashlight itself?

A free flashlight is great and I did register so I could get the light earlier in the year when they were offering the deal

As far as the i3E itself, it is a good single mode light but if buying I prefer the Lumitop EDC01.  The build quality of the Lumitop is on par with the Olight, but you get a 3 mode light with 120 lumens max.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:56 AM
 :facepalm:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 09:30:04 AM
I will be a partial voice of dissension.  I think it is worth registering on the Olight sight to get a free light.  However, if purchasing a AAA keychain flashlight, I would rather purchase a Lumitop EDC01 for about the same price. 

The Lumitop size and build quality is imo on par with the Olight exceppt that it does not have the TIR optic.  What the Lumitop does have that makes it better imo is three modes vice just one and a higher max lumen.  For many activities I do not need 90 lumens, so with the edc01, I have the option of using full brightness if needed or going with less for longer run time when situation supports.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 12:52:31 PM
I am still waiting for any single reason to not get the free light.

Regardless of the actual light preferred by anyone,how is a free decent and legit light a bad thing? :dunno:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 12:55:38 PM
Edited for clarity!
This was again reposted for the 3rd time in the General section here before being moved again into the flashlight section,this is where I posted this it was not here.
So anyone can post a Silly question but then to not participate in any of the threads you start with the silly question while others are responding is well,just Silly to me!

This is maybe the silliest question I have ever read here? :think:

And to make it even more silly you had to repeat it here too!
And even after it was moved from here already?

Its FREE!

Thats good enough for me! :twak: :gimme:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:05:22 PM by ezdog »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 01:58:28 PM
stevenchen, I have merged your two threads which are basically the same.  Are you affiliated with Olight in any way ?

us Offline JasonJ

Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 02:09:11 PM
Edited for clarity!
This was again reposted for the 3rd time in the General section here before being moved again into the flashlight section,this is where I posted this it was not here.
So anyone can post a Silly question but then to not participate in any of the threads you start with the silly question while others are responding is well,just Silly to me!

This is maybe the silliest question I have ever read here? :think:

And to make it even more silly you had to repeat it here too!
And even after it was moved from here already?

Its FREE!

Thats good enough for me! :twak: :gimme:

Agreed!

I got one the last time they did the "register and pay $5 shipping to get the i3e EOS" thing, in desert tan.  I LOVE it.  I just bought two more to give as gifts, and I'll be re-registering to get another black one as of tomorrow as well.  The i3t replaced my (still missing) Microstream as EDC light.  Sadly, my toddler was playing with it at the doctor's office yesterday and I think it got left behind. 

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 02:54:38 PM
stevenchen, I have merged your two threads which are basically the same.  Are you affiliated with Olight in any way ?

It is getting a little annoying.

Answer - Free light - get it

Answer 2 - No reason to bombard us with Olight propaganda - Good lights, we get it..we don't doubt it. Just let people know there are good deals in the "Deals" subforum.

Answer 3 - Please do not try to circumvent forum rules for dealers. The guys running the site here only ask for small contributions to keep things going. We like our community and only ask that people follow a few rules. The admins are not overbearing, nor do they micromanage every post. We are gentlemen, and value such behavior.

If I am wrong about all that, I apologize.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 04:45:51 AM
But, should I get this free light or not? I’m worried it won’t match what I wear on a daily basis. What if it explodes and I’m left maimed? Does it come with a deep carry clip? I’d hate for it to show in my pocket.  :facepalm:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: November 28, 2019, 12:41:19 PM

Same question here.

I do appreciate the kind reference so members could get a free light by registration, but spamming the forum with the same rhetorical question on different boards is probably less than polite etiquette, IMHO.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:07 PM
But, should I get this free light or not? I’m worried it won’t match what I wear on a daily basis. What if it explodes and I’m left maimed? Does it come with a deep carry clip? I’d hate for it to show in my pocket.  :facepalm:
Get black. That colour matches with everything. 8)
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80