Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The $1,650 PST?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The $1,650 PST?
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:04:08 PM
But clearly it is.

Something tells me this isn't something they just so happened to have. They bought to resell, but I don't think they'll get that big of a sucker. I never bothered getting one, since I saw nothing over a $20 used PST. It's not an original.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 11:44:23 PM
Shipping is only  $30.00. EBay is full of these kind rip off artist.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

00 Offline CarbideCruzer

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 12:14:09 AM
Apparently there is a Pocket Monkey tool going for several thousand dollars.  Bought one of these via the Zootility site for roughly 11.95 as during the that time there was free shipping.

There is absolutely no reason why this tool would cost thousands of dollars, let alone hundreds or even more than $30.  I'd speculate that there is 0.01 in a trillion chance anyone would pay that price, let alone pay $1,650 for the tool mentioned in the original post.

If anyone is looking for a original Leatherman PST, these are quite common on eBay.  Or perhaps you may find one in the street as that is how I find mine.  Granted the blades were extremely dull and needed to be cleaned up some, but overall in decent condition. 

Having recently bought a very used and worn Kershaw A100 and a used 2001 ViseGrip Toolbox, these tools aren't worth the hundreds they often cost on eBay.  Both are massively better than the Gerber Grappler, but in my opinion not as good as the Leatherman Crunch with my usage. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%