Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Warranty stuff

Edi · 75 · 3298

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Warranty stuff
Reply #60 on: January 16, 2021, 08:01:31 PM
No one leaves the house! Everybody calm down!
Come on guys :hug:

We all have our reasons why we prefer certain things and why we dislike others.
It often is related to experiences, good ones and bad ones.
Sometimes things heat up quickly, although both sides feel they're right, based on those own experiences.

I've joined MTO as a Leatherman "Fanboy" and now I own two Spirits, a CT41...

I was amazed about the tolerance given in any brand specific sub forum and thread. Never saw that before. And I love it.

I hope you'll reconsider  :hatsoff:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #61 on: January 16, 2021, 08:58:34 PM
 :facepalm:

Come on guys let's stop name calling all the way around :salute:

OP had a warranty issue, it can happen to the best of companies, we don't know all the circumstances either way andas MTO members we are all entitled to our varied opinions  :tu: I know Vic has some very strong fan bases not fanboys :cheers: that can have strong opinions of their products (just as Leatherman and other companies have) ;)

Nothing good can come of going back and forth about something that is causing so much conflict :ahhh

So I please ask everyone to be respectful and polite here :salute:

No reason for anyone to leave over a disagreement,  just perhaps cool down and check some of the other multiple threads we have going :cheers:

I have much respect for all the members here and if anyone has a problem with something they can PM me or any of the other moderators :cheers: if you don't want to do that then just click on the report to moderator button and if we haven't already seen it then we will check it out :salute:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: January 16, 2021, 09:04:17 PM
:facepalm:

Come on guys let's stop name calling all the way around :salute:

OP had a warranty issue, it can happen to the best of companies, we don't know all the circumstances either way andas MTO members we are all entitled to our varied opinions  :tu: I know Vic has some very strong fan bases not fanboys :cheers: that can have strong opinions of their products (just as Leatherman and other companies have) ;)

Nothing good can come of going back and forth about something that is causing so much conflict :ahhh

So I please ask everyone to be respectful and polite here :salute:

No reason for anyone to leave over a disagreement,  just perhaps cool down and check some of the other multiple threads we have going :cheers:

I have much respect for all the members here and if anyone has a problem with something they can PM me or any of the other moderators :cheers: if you don't want to do that then just click on the report to moderator button and if we haven't already seen it then we will check it out :salute:
:like: :iagree: :tu: +1
They don't like it up 'em!

us Online PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #63 on: January 16, 2021, 09:22:06 PM
Uh-huh.
yep, what he said.jpg
* yep, what he said.jpg (Filesize: 44.6 KB)
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

ro Offline Edi

Reply #64 on: January 19, 2021, 12:30:53 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qd9f1LkYRU&feature=youtu.be

That's a light tap on the back of the blade, IMO. And that was The only question that wasn't put or received a complete answer until now.
And i understood the lottery joke.
So, it might be bad luck with the tools. How victor handled everything... yeah, never again.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: January 19, 2021, 03:53:41 PM
I've just tried to reproduce that with the wood saw (because if I break the lock there it wouldn't be too bad).
I couldn't make it un-lock.
I cannot reproduce your problem.
My finger hurts now  :D

So yeah, that looks faulty  :think:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #66 on: January 19, 2021, 09:45:59 PM
 :iagree: Just tested with my three Spirits and non have that issue. Does that happen with all the tools or the knife blade only?

Would be interested to see the inside of the spring area. Wonder if there is something off  :think:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #67 on: January 19, 2021, 09:48:56 PM
I've just tried to reproduce that with the wood saw (because if I break the lock there it wouldn't be too bad).
I couldn't make it un-lock.
I cannot reproduce your problem.
My finger hurts now  :D

So yeah, that looks faulty  :think:

Stay away from the saw    :o   

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: January 19, 2021, 10:46:37 PM
Edi, was it you who had a similar experience but with a Leatherman Rebar!?!?! I remember watching a short video of someone hitting the file the same way as you did, and it collapsed, but can't find it now. If it was you, man ... that's some smurfin' luck with locking multitools. :rant:
Yes, it was light; as I remember, the way you tap the Victorinox is way lighter/gentler than the way the Leatherman was tapped!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 11:01:35 PM
Stay away from the saw    :o   

Whoopsie!

ro Offline Edi

Reply #70 on: January 20, 2021, 02:39:08 PM
In the first spirit all the tools had a locking problem. It depends also on the length of the tool, how light or not that tap was. Shorter tool, harder tap. Physics. In this one... i have to say i didn't bother to check if all, or not. I'll leave it as a surprise  :D I can make some shots of the mechanism, but i have no idea how a good looks like...
Yep, i got a rebar with the same problem, but it didn't need a tap. Just a push with the finger. Made a video of it back then.
All the other multitools and pocket knives were tested after those bad experiences and i found no issues.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: January 21, 2021, 12:02:34 AM
Glad that everything is following order now. :tu:

ro Offline Edi

Reply #72 on: January 22, 2021, 12:09:47 AM
Law and order  ::)
Not really, but i hated being put in a corner with: it has to be somebodyelses fault, not vic s. There were people who pushed everything in that direction. My fault, distributors fault. Not vic's. Whateva, they can keep their money in that company, i'll simply won't! And i'm sick of of this company and whateva comes with it. Long live wenger (right) and leatherman, gerber, sog! For now. Out of my point of view.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #73 on: January 22, 2021, 01:35:52 AM
Law and order  ::)
Not really, but i hated being put in a corner with: it has to be somebodyelses fault, not vic s. There were people who pushed everything in that direction. My fault, distributors fault. Not vic's. Whateva, they can keep their money in that company, i'll simply won't! And i'm sick of of this company and whateva comes with it. Long live wenger (right) and leatherman, gerber, sog! For now. Out of my point of view.

::)

Show content

Show content
Not quite the friendly tone we expect around here in this thread.  :(     Let's keep it civil everyone   :cheers:

For some reason, Mister OP thinks it's necessary to keep on poking, even though we "walked away"...

And please don't start with the "language barrier defence",  not knowing a language is one thing, intentionally provocing other people is another.

Don't know what else needs to be said in this topic, OP found flaw, OP got another flawed tool in return, OP hates brand, calls everyone who says they had other experiences with brand liars, and decides to never buy from brand again, THE END.

But if there's nothing wrong with the tone in his last post, than I guess I will have to follow Mechy and show myself out...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:46:32 AM by Top-Gear-24 »

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #74 on: January 22, 2021, 03:23:17 AM
Each their own. I bought several Vic tools and kitchen knives in the last couple years and all were flawless. I also bought more than a handful of new Gerber tools, and every single one but one (MP600 :tu:) had issues.
 The kind of issues that makes you wonder how a tool in that condition ever got out of the factory  :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%