Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WHERE TO CHALLENGE POLL 1?

Poll

WILL BE STARTING A SWISSTOOL CHALLENGE FOR MARCH.

Host the challenge in the General Tool Discussion to expose more people to the Swisstool.
8 (42.1%)
Host the Challenge in the SAK Knights Forum,  it's a SAK thing.
3 (15.8%)
Does not matter I'll follow it anywhere.
4 (21.1%)
Don't care will not follow anyway.
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 01, 2020, 03:45:29 AM

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
WHERE TO CHALLENGE POLL 1?
on: December 27, 2019, 03:45:29 AM

Will run the polls for 5 days and total up the results from both then post the official Challenge Thread in the section with the most votes.  I'm planning to stat the Challenge on March 2nd that will allow anyone involved in a February challenge a full 30 days with no overlap ( :woohoo: it's Leap Year :woohoo:)
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: WHERE TO CHALLENGE POLL 1?
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 04:01:21 AM
I will likely be able to remember it and keep up with it if it is in the General Tool forum  :whistle: :D

And Voted :salute:

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 07:04:50 AM
Personally it doesn’t matter what forum it is in, however, the General Tool might get more visibility.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 01:58:38 PM
Put it in the general forum to force some of those SAK forum only people out of their shell  ;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 04:26:30 PM
 :iagree: :D

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 05:31:53 AM
One of many from the first SWISSTOOL Challenge.
Anyone tempted?

"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Sos24

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 06:01:58 AM
Just to clarify, does this challenge include the SwissTool Spirit variants as well?

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 06:47:09 AM
I'll need to consult with others but I belive the intent was for only variants of the original Swisstool.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 01:57:57 PM
Just to clarify, does this challenge include the SwissTool Spirit variants as well?

Swisstool only unless Douglas want s to make it a challenge for either Swisstool. There is a Spirit Challenge badge available   :tu:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 03:10:56 PM
I alredy have the badges for both so for ME this is about getting back to my roots The original Swisstool.  The tool that brought me to MTo in the first place.  I can see where it might be fun to be able trade back and fort between both versions extolling the virtues of each.  I also on the other hand know there are few who have the Swisstool Badge ind it would be neat to see that number grow.  There has also recently been an uptick of interest in the Spirit and I think several new Spirit owners who might be looking for a chance at that badge.  With all that in mind I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. 
So Steve I have a question?  If I open this up to both great versions can participants Express their intentions before or on Day 1 and earn that badge by remaining loyal to that tool only throughout the Challenge? Or in order to preserve Moderator sanity, are we restricted to only one badge possibility per Challenge?
Dr.  McCoy

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 03:31:05 PM
If I read Steve‘s post correct it would be ok to use the Spirit and receive that badge, if we open the challenge for both tools.  :hatsoff:

I am about to pull the trigger on a Swisstool, so I think I will be in  :D Unless of course someone snatches it from me before i can finish breakfast  :popcorn:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 04:12:25 PM
 :popcorn: :popcorn:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline cody6268

Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 04:18:52 PM
It is definitely my favorite MT.

Here's the thing. It isn't a traditional SAK. More or less, it is a mutt. Using the Bear Jaws patents for the basic design, with SAK style internal implements. I have, in fact, posted my uses to the "What did you use on your SAK today" thread.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 04:23:03 PM
I alredy have the badges for both so for ME this is about getting back to my roots The original Swisstool.  The tool that brought me to MTo in the first place.  I can see where it might be fun to be able trade back and fort between both versions extolling the virtues of each.  I also on the other hand know there are few who have the Swisstool Badge ind it would be neat to see that number grow.  There has also recently been an uptick of interest in the Spirit and I think several new Spirit owners who might be looking for a chance at that badge.  With all that in mind I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. 
So Steve I have a question?  If I open this up to both great versions can participants Express their intentions before or on Day 1 and earn that badge by remaining loyal to that tool only throughout the Challenge? Or in order to preserve Moderator sanity, are we restricted to only one badge possibility per Challenge?

People would have to choose one or the other before the start and stick to that tool for the 30 days, at the end of the challenge they would apply for the appropriate badge. This would only be worth it if there were more than a couple  of peeps going for the Spirit.

There could be two threads or combined , it's really up to you as the originator of the challenge

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 06:06:09 PM
At this time all I can say is...
A decision will be announced by the Ref's after a careful review of the "instant replay".
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 02:34:37 AM
After carefull review of the instant replay and consideration of League Rules for the best interest of the game it has been determined that the Challenge will be open to both the Swisstool and the Spirit.
RULES governing the MARCH SWISSTOOL MADNESS Challenge will be posted once the Polls have concluded and the Tournamemt's host location is announced.
Dr.  McCoy

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 02:46:43 AM
 :popcorn:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 11:15:13 PM

IT"S OFFICIAL :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
 :ahhh :ahhh THE MADNESS  :duel: :duel:
WILL BE HELD IN THE GENERAL TOOL DISCUSSION FORUM!!

CHALLENGE THREAD COMING SOON!!
Dr.  McCoy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24