Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

That time when my Multitool saved our... Thread

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
That time when my Multitool saved our... Thread
on: January 18, 2020, 05:54:50 PM
Each sub-forum has a thread along the lines of - "what did you do today?".  While those are always fun to read, and are a place for nice photographs, I feel like some really good posts get lost in time, buried in the threads.  So I started this thread for everyone to post their unique uses, for all sorts of tools.  By "unique" I'm thinking of the once in a lifetime (or maybe a decade) tales of when you or someone you know used their multitool in a remarkable way.  I imagine that these tales will rarely be accompanied by an action photo, due to the nature of the task at hand.  Though a picture of the tool in the aftermath would be appreciated. 

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill.  I totally get that we all feel accomplished when we solve our own problems with a multitool.  The time I got myself out of an inside door with a broken knob lock changed my life, I tell you.  But that's not what I'm getting at here - It's not about that time you carved out a kebab skewer for that extra guest.  I want to know about the time you saved life or limb... repaired something where there were no tools, and that repair resulted in significant assistance to others... or did something with your multitool that is unique and genuinely worth retelling. 

If I'm honest, I don't think I have a good story of my own, and I've used my multitool for first-aid. 

With that in mind, Let's hear about that time that you were able to make that repair, or rescue that you will never make again.  :salute:

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: That time when my Multitool saved our... Thread
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:36:37 PM
Hopefully we'll get some great stories :popcorn:
I don't have one myself though.

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 11:27:22 PM
Is there a MT for fonts because I can't even read the OP.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:31:54 PM
I'll just drop the link :D

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=82573.0

Nice one Mechals, I missed that thread.   :tu:   :like:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 12:32:59 AM
Each sub-forum has a thread along the lines of - "what did you do today?".  While those are always fun to read, and are a place for nice photographs, I feel like some really good posts get lost in time, buried in the threads.  So I started this thread for everyone to post their unique uses, for all sorts of tools.  By "unique" I'm thinking of the once in a lifetime (or maybe a decade) tales of when you or someone you know used their multitool in a remarkable way.  I imagine that these tales will rarely be accompanied by an action photo, due to the nature of the task at hand.  Though a picture of the tool in the aftermath would be appreciated. 

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill.  I totally get that we all feel accomplished when we solve our own problems with a multitool.  The time I got myself out of an inside door with a broken knob lock changed my life, I tell you.  But that's not what I'm getting at here - It's not about that time you carved out a kebab skewer for that extra guest.  I want to know about the time you saved life or limb... repaired something where there were no tools, and that repair resulted in significant assistance to others... or did something with your multitool that is unique and genuinely worth retelling. 

If I'm honest, I don't think I have a good story of my own, and I've used my multitool for first-aid. 

With that in mind, Let's hear about that time that you were able to make that repair, or rescue that you will never make again.  :salute:

OP in more legible font

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 09:39:20 AM
Nice one Mechals, I missed that thread.   :tu:   :like:
:hatsoff:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 04:44:09 AM
Not sure I have a personal story that meets the criteria, but here are a few for your reading pleasure:

https://www.akti.org/about/knives-save-lives/

https://www.leatherman.com/tool-tales.html

Vic used to have something very similar to Leatherman's Tool Tales, but sadly it seems to have disappeared from their website.

us Offline The Lone Wanderer

• High Octane Gasoline
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 03:10:51 AM
Not my personal story but I know of guys who have started older cars by using a Leatherman plier head to jump the terminals on the starter solenoid when stranded.
Last of the V8 Interceptors

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 04:38:56 AM
Used the cutters on a Leatherman Rebar to cut off a treble hook so it could be removed from my some guys finger when the hospital didn't have any side cutters.

**WARNING SPOILERS ARE NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH****
Show content

Show content
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 04:48:02 AM
That reminds of that one episode from „Alone“  :oops:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00