Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Great simple Rucksack Backpack from $11.99!

Offline multiprim

Great simple Rucksack Backpack from $11.99!
on: January 02, 2020, 08:50:28 PM
Happy New Year to All.

About this deal, for a while now (like a few years), I'd been on the hunt for a decent rucksack, something more minimal that I can use for quick tasks and won't feel bad about beating up. Whats sucks is that, sometimes, less costs more. Most of time, there's really no excuse for that, (quality being an exception), imo. Found a couple of close packs here & there, but some were way too big, too flimsy, too expensive, all of the above. Found one from the UK for around $50. Thought it would be the one. Disappointed. I just couldn't, so I donated it to a non-profit.

Finally, came across this before Christmas.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/us/high-20l-backpack-p17731.aspx/green/

Not much info out there, but I did find a nice video showing its features & dimensions.

Based on the video, I believe it might actually be a little smaller than 20L, maybe 18L, which is exactly what I wanted (15L- 18L). The hidden pockets were nice. Just the right size for quick errands on my Harley. I went for it (2 green, 2 red).

Bingo! The pack feels sturdy (sturdier than a Jansport, I believe). It's quick-loading. I didn't see the waist strap though (might be tucked away, haven't really looked for it yet), but that's fine because I really don't use them on packs of this size range. A red one will be left hanging on my bike from now on.

The green is just $19.99, but if you're okay with red...and the Canada patch, it's just $11.99. Plus, there are coupon codes posted on the site, and others floating around (ymmv). I think there's a small flat rate shipping fee, FedEx (which is negated with a coupone/promo code).

Might take a red marker and cover up the Canada symbol, eh (sorry Canada). We'll see.

I highly recommend this pack.

:tu:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Great simple Rucksack Backpack from $11.99!
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:20:07 AM
I think I'll try this pack. I was looking at a "simple rucksack", and the one I've had my eye on is a Polish military surplus. Problem is that the straps are narrow and look uncomfortable, and the particular variation of flecktarn Poland uses is an eyesore!

This one looks good enough to be a general EDC pack (not just woods/camping), and is spacious enough for what I need. Think I'll pick one up. $12 is cheap, even if it's got a Canadian flag.

Offline multiprim

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:32:07 AM
Doh! They just added a another color, Navy Blue with Brown straps...for $19.99 .

It's gorgeous, and I already know it's good quality.  :drool:

Two to cart.  :facepalm:

UPDATE:

Won't let me buy more than one at a time in Navy. Will shop the site to see if anything makes it worth adding to cart. Did find a 20% off coupon though, might help.  :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, ended up buying one in Navy (nothing else), but it wasn't too bad. $19.99 + $8.00 shipping - $4.00 (20% off code), so $23.99 shipped. I'll take it for a very nice color. After purchase, checked back on the listing and the Navy is no longer being offered. Guess I got the only one in Navy.

Btw, the 20% off code I used is MREXT20 . It worked on the Olive & Red, too, when I bought them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:17:32 AM by multiprim »

Offline multiprim

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 12:10:05 AM
The Blue & Tan Ruck arrived today. Just wanted to share a pic. Definitely worth the few extra bucks. This one will be my Yosemite day pack.
Ruck Blue & Tan.jpg
* Ruck Blue & Tan.jpg (Filesize: 78.87 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%