Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

THE UNION - TOLER TOOLS 597

No Life Club Posts: 1,221
Hero Member Posts: 518
Re: THE UNION - TOLER TOOLS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 12:11:57 AM »
I ordered one. They were scheduled to ship in December but looks like it’ll be delayed. I just got the request for the sheath color last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hero Member Posts: 839
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 04:32:40 AM »
I ordered one. They were scheduled to ship in December but looks like it’ll be delayed. I just got the request for the sheath color last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get 3 questions a week about this one on IG, please let us know when you get it and give us that honest opinion.  :climber: :cheers:
Full Member Posts: 158
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 11:02:57 PM »
I also ordered one during the original campaign time interval, hoping to get mine by the end of the month.
Sr. Member Posts: 482 MAJ/APA
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »
Ordered mine during initial campaign as well. Have to admit, I am far more excited about this tool then virtually any other that has been released in recent history. Great out of the box design and function. Still on deployment in Middle East, but hopefully it will be in my mailbox by the time I make it back home.

LM: ALX/SLV/TTI, Blast, Core, Crunch, Flair, C2/CS4/KF4/PRO/S2/SC2/SX/XE6, Kick, Leap, Micra, Mini, MUT, OHT, P4, PS4, PST 1/2, Pulse, Rebar, Sideclip, Signal, Skele CX/RX, ST 200/300/EOD/M, Surge, Tread, Wave

GER: Balance, BearST, Cable Dawg, Center Drive/+, Crucial, Diesel, Dime, Fit, Flick, Grappler, Groundbreaker, MP1/400/600/650/700/800, MPT, Radius, Recoil, Steady

SOG: Paratool, Power Assist/Duo/Grab/Lock/Play/Plier, PPP, PT 510/525/540, Reactor, Switchplier 1/2

SAK: Autotool, SwissTool/RS/RT/XBS
Sr. Member Posts: 287
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 04:26:27 AM »
When I look at that tool and what it seems to be able to do, I really like it.  I love the tools it comes with.  I think it is really smart to make it capable of splitting in half so you can use the wrench separate from the pliers.  On paper everything seems amazing.  I know this might sound really dumb... but I think it is just ugly. 
I'm not sure what I would have done different.  But one of the things i love about great multi tools is how cool and awesome they look.  Obviously that should come second to function but I cant get over how UGLY this tool is.   

not trying to rain on anyone's parade   :whistle:
Newbie Posts: 33 Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 11:11:24 PM »
Jumped on the Toler train back in February. Here's hoping the final assembly/shipping is imminent! Obviously, the timing with manufacture in China right at the outset of the Covid was unfortunate (the most insignificant of unfortunate aspects of the pandemic of course). Need something new to play with to pass the quarantine time :ahhh
Newbie Posts: 33 Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 11:14:05 PM »

Agree that it isn't the most...elegantly composed tool, but I think/hope the lack of traditional MT aesthetic appeal will be outweighed by the ingenuity and utility of the design.

When I look at that tool and what it seems to be able to do, I really like it.  I love the tools it comes with.  I think it is really smart to make it capable of splitting in half so you can use the wrench separate from the pliers.  On paper everything seems amazing.  I know this might sound really dumb... but I think it is just ugly. 
I'm not sure what I would have done different.  But one of the things i love about great multi tools is how cool and awesome they look.  Obviously that should come second to function but I cant get over how UGLY this tool is.   

not trying to rain on anyone's parade   :whistle:
No Life Club Posts: 1,310
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
I’m still waiting on mine. It was ordered as a birthday gift for me, and it’s been a looooooong time now.

Charles.
Hero Member Posts: 839
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 04:00:37 AM »
I'm seriously skeptical....mostly relating to the use of "the needlenose" There are way way too many degrees of freedom and its both too short and too thin to give me much confidence. Its a great idea as far as having a single tool that can grab both ends...but I can easily carry a Knipex cobra 125 along side a normal tool and both spend less and have much much stronger tools. The more I use multitools the more I think that a pair of folding lineman's pliers would be more useful. For small tasks the Style PS takes the cake.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86
Below Goal: $243.14
Site Currency: USD
19%