Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SHOT Show 2020

Megan · 34 · 2142

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
SHOT Show 2020
on: January 06, 2020, 03:53:04 PM
It’s almost here! Later this month is the SHOT Show in Las Vegas.

What are you hoping to see this year? We’ll be covering the show live here at MTO.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: SHOT Show 2020
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 05:10:15 PM
Not too long ago, SHOT is where the new stuff got debuted. Not as true the last couple years, as Gerber and SOG have already leaked a lot of their new products. Leatherman hasn't mentioned any new stuff since the Free but as you posted earlier in LM forum, maybe they aren't even going to be at SHOT this year.

Anyways, I will always hope for SOG to get their life right finally and just give us a new PowerLock with a Surge layout (4 outside liner locked tools and the inner channels reserved for drivers/openers).
I'd like to see a development of the CenterDrive from Gerber where both handles have outside opening tools.
It would be cool to see G10 scales and D2 steel on more multitools.
Leatherman or Gerber (or SOG if they make it right) to drop a Combar-style tool on us.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 05:15:30 PM
Hi, Megan!

Nice to see MTO is covering SHOT show, besides the usual suspect of Victorinox/LM/SOG/Gerber for multitools, I'd love to see some additional coverage on major knife brands(Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, CRKT, etc) and/or multitools by less known brands.  Any new outdoor gears and gadgets are most welcomed too!

(To sum up, pretty much anything with a sharp edge to it... :facepalm: :D )

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:49:55 PM

Hi, Megan!

Nice to see MTO is covering SHOT show, besides the usual suspect of Victorinox/LM/SOG/Gerber for multitools, I'd love to see some additional coverage on major knife brands(Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, CRKT, etc) and/or multitools by less known brands.  Any new outdoor gears and gadgets are most welcomed too!

(To sum up, pretty much anything with a sharp edge to it... :facepalm: :D )
:iagree:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 06:04:36 PM
Hope you guys have a great time!   :drink:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 07:04:25 PM
It will be interesting to see what new stuff is coming out  :cheers: :popcorn:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 07:09:51 PM
 :iagree: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 07:47:42 PM
Confirmed: Leatherman will not have a booth At the SHOT show this year. They will be sending some folks from product development and engineering.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
Pretty disappointing that Leatherman are resting on the Free and not listening to input on updating the Wave/Charge platform or the the Supertool.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 08:23:43 PM
It would be interesting to see what new creative designs and ideas the smaller manufacturers might come up with.

Most importantly though have lots of fun  :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 08:26:20 PM
Pretty disappointing that Leatherman are resting on the Free and not listening to input on updating the Wave/Charge platform or the the Supertool.

I agree with you on that Steve  :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 08:54:28 PM
That is sucky about LM not being there :( I also would like to see what all the smaller guys are up to and I know Olight will have a booth there as well :tu: SOG and Gerber usually have some pretty cool stuff so hopefully they won't disappoint this year  :tu: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
That is very disappointing that they will not be there. Wonder if Gerber will be there.   :dunno:

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 01:29:50 AM
The SHOT Show is basically oriented towards firearms, optics, and related equipment.  Traditionally, the cutlery concerns debut a lot-of-their-new-stuff; realistically, because blades overlap into the shooting-sports, hunting, and military/self-defense applications.  I'm curious to see what TOPs, Zero Tolerance, SOG, Cold Steel, and Benchmade unveil this-year.  Many of the designs shown last-year were kind-of-blase, and high-dollar.  Usually, the Blade Show in Atlanta gives a better-picture of knife trends, and what the manufacturers, think will sell.  The 2020 NRA Convention also features a lot of knife-oriented exhibitors. 
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 04:01:12 AM
The SHOT Show is basically oriented towards firearms, optics, and related equipment.  Traditionally, the cutlery concerns debut a lot-of-their-new-stuff; realistically, because blades overlap into the shooting-sports, hunting, and military/self-defense applications.  I'm curious to see what TOPs, Zero Tolerance, SOG, Cold Steel, and Benchmade unveil this-year.  Many of the designs shown last-year were kind-of-blase, and high-dollar.  Usually, the Blade Show in Atlanta gives a better-picture of knife trends, and what the manufacturers, think will sell.  The 2020 NRA Convention also features a lot of knife-oriented exhibitors. 
I will be going to the Atlanta show. My 3 month will be ending right about then.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 04:14:42 AM

:iagree:  I don't know whether LM personnel will be reading this, or anyone meeting their development/marketing people at shotshow could relay this message. 

What I fear is that LM may see FREE as a new "platform" and want to dedicate less resources to update the Wave/Charge/Supertool platform.  Please don't!  For now, I would only see Free as a water-testing product, the original PST/Wave/Charge/Supertool is where LM builds its rep on.  :facepalm:   

Free P2/P4 has great magnetic feature and outside tool access(finally), but the entry-level tool sizes and the ad-hoc pocket clip really drag it class down to an intermediate level tool.  It's a tool with great promises but not thoroughly thought out and rush to execution.

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 05:06:37 AM
Confirmed: Leatherman will not have a booth At the SHOT show this year. They will be sending some folks from product development and engineering.
😱😱😱 my P2 was great until the pliers got stuck after cutting a hanger! 😱😱😱
Yes a simple hanger...
Enjoy!

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:13 AM
It would be interesting to see what new creative designs and ideas the smaller manufacturers might come up with.

Most importantly though have lots of fun  :tu:

Totally. We’ll chat with the larger manufacturers as always. But I’m looking forward to seeing some of the smaller manufacturers. Looking forward to something different!

That is very disappointing that they will not be there. Wonder if Gerber will be there.   :dunno:

They sure are.

-Megan
Send me a message.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 11:13:59 AM
and/or multitools by less known brands. 

:iagree:
Would be nice to see new designs. :like:

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 04:09:49 PM
Maybe LM doesn‘t wanna hear all the complaints related to their fancy new tools. Instead they send the designers and engineers back to the drawing boards to make them better.  :whistle:

And just in case someone from LM is reading this. Here are some ideas how to do that:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81481.0.html

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 04:43:23 PM
Maybe LM doesn‘t wanna hear all the complaints related to their fancy new tools. Instead they send the designers and engineers back to the drawing boards to make them better.  :whistle:

And just in case someone from LM is reading this. Here are some ideas how to do that:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81481.0.html

A lot of good ideas from that thread, and hopefully they would at least spend sometime here for getting feedback.

What disappoint me the most is the 1 inch metal file.  What do they expect us to do with a 1 inch file?  And why must we have a second single bevel OH serrated blade instead of a full size file?

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 07:56:11 AM
Megan

Can you smuggle me inside the convention?!?  I'm already here in Vegas and I have a really large duffel bag that I can fit inside of...   :D
Just get me inside the hall, I'll be very sneaky.   :ahhh

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 10:41:11 PM
Megan

Can you smuggle me inside the convention?!?  I'm already here in Vegas and I have a really large duffel bag that I can fit inside of...   :D
Just get me inside the hall, I'll be very sneaky.   :ahhh

Aw, I wish! The paperwork for our media passes had to be in back in November!
-Megan
Send me a message.

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 05:19:26 AM
Aw, I wish! The paperwork for our media passes had to be in back in November!

:ahhh   Next year maybe?   :D

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 04:23:32 AM
Sounds good, would like to hear from Victorinox of course. :D
 And maybe Buck and Case, plus all the gun stuff. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 04:51:41 PM
It is getting close :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:dd:

Hope to see lots of great new goodies :popcorn: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: January 20, 2020, 08:22:28 PM
So how is SHOT going, Megan :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #27 on: January 20, 2020, 09:01:28 PM
So how is SHOT going, Megan :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Today’s the supplier showcase and industry day. Coverage will start tomorrow!!! Can’t wait! Picking up our media badge in an hour or so.
-Megan
Send me a message.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:15 PM
 :popcorn:

Have fun Megan !

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return