Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

In-line Philips - custom opposite tools

Offline solideuce

In-line Philips - custom opposite tools
on: September 14, 2020, 03:09:00 PM
Long time lurker....first time poster, as the saying goes. I have used this forum quite a bit recently for my multi tool needs, most especially Vic SAKs. I have gone through several of them over the years. Thanks for all the wisdom and knowledge from others.

I have done extensive reading on modding and creating your own custom SAK, and I had a question on potential tools that are opposite the in-line philips driver. I know that the magnifying glass and the LED light are stock, and I have taken a look at the exploded views and wondered if a custom tool in that slot was possible.

Could I take the can opener, grind down unneeded metal, and fashion into a thin screwdriver, akin to the one found on the Motorist? This would have more benefit to me than a 10 lumen flashlight or magnifying glass. I know tools are not meant to be interchanged but based on the exploded view of the can opener and the  back spring where the magnifying glass goes, it may be possible.

Thanks for any advice. Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 03:26:10 PM by solideuce »

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Re: In-line Philips - custom opposite tools
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 12:28:24 PM
Welcome. I have seen folks on here place both openers opposite the inline Phillips. Be careful how much of the can opener claw you trim off, though, or it may end up going deeper into the body and be hard to open, but I don't know if this still happens when placing next to the cap lifter.

fr Offline Faz

Re: In-line Philips - custom opposite tools
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:55:19 AM
I have the same dyleme every time I make a custom with this awesome online Phillips screwdriver.
Concerning the Alox 93mm: yes, you can put the 2 openings in front of the cruciform screwdriver by juxtaposing 2 opening springs.
Attention, there are 2 lengths of cruciform at Victorinox, the long one opposite the gray magnifying glass and the new shorter one opposite the transparent magnifying glass. you will need the short version to put the 2 openings opposite, like this:
MTO 2.jpg
* MTO 2.jpg (Filesize: 198.3 KB)
MTO 1.jpg
* MTO 1.jpg (Filesize: 398.34 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68