Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2020 SHOT- Chris Reeve

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
2020 SHOT- Chris Reeve
on: January 21, 2020, 06:50:15 PM
EDIT: Details added in the thread below!!

Pictures are starting to roll in... no info just yet, but pics are good, right?  :D

Info to follow...

Def
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:00:48 PM by Megan »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: 2020 SHOT- Chris Reeve
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 07:16:08 PM
Those are some nice looking knives, then again his always are.

Chris Reeves collaborated with Shirogorov on some knives with flippers.  They are really nice, but the price tag is too high for me if you can even find one.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:23:05 PM
 :o
Pretty proud of his own skills is see.$$$$

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:45:08 PM
 :drool: If I Manage to stick to my New Years resolution to go the whole of this year without buying any knives or tools, a sebenza 31 will be my first purchase of 2021. Hopefully they should be in the stores by then.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:54:40 PM
:drool: If I Manage to stick to my New Years resolution to go the whole of this year without buying any knives or tools, a sebenza 31 will be my first purchase of 2021. Hopefully they should be in the stores by then.

Only 344 days to go   :pok:

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 11:01:42 PM
The Sebenza 31 has been a big knife for Chris Reeve. It's uber popular, so much so, that they're not producing a new model this year. But these new inlays are beautiful, and they continue the superb Chris Reeve quality that folks love.

The new inlay options are Box Elder Burl, Macassar Ebony and "Unique".

These models cost between $550-$600 USD.

These knives feel so good in your hand. They're weighted perfectly. And I know they are built to last, and built to be used. But I think I'd have a tough time using these beauties!

-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 01:16:34 AM
Only 344 days to go   :pok:

I just recently (a couple of weeks ago) took delivery of a sebenza 21 as I could not find a 31 in stock anywhere. But when I realised they were going to stop manufacturing the 21 in favour of the 31 I figured I better get a 21 while still available rather than wait for a 31.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,50835.msg2071939.html#msg2071939

The basic plain 31 is basically a 21 with a ceramic ball embedded in the frame lock to stop it wearing with use and a slight difference in the positioning of the pocket clip (not over the frame lock).
The biggest difference is in the inlaid versions as the 31s inlay is one larger slab compared to the two smaller inlays of the 21.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 11:43:15 AM
I love everything about them... except the price :D Great pics and some beauties for sure :drool: Thanks for taking the pics, Megan :hatsoff:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 12:34:58 PM
I just recently (a couple of weeks ago) took delivery of a sebenza 21 as I could not find a 31 in stock anywhere. But when I realised they were going to stop manufacturing the 21 in favour of the 31 I figured I better get a 21 while still available rather than wait for a 31.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,50835.msg2071939.html#msg2071939

The basic plain 31 is basically a 21 with a ceramic ball embedded in the frame lock to stop it wearing with use and a slight difference in the positioning of the pocket clip (not over the frame lock).
The biggest difference is in the inlaid versions as the 31s inlay is one larger slab compared to the two smaller inlays of the 21.

True, I am sure 31 will hit the market this year, might have seen it listed already.  CRK has always been enjoying high demand, they only brought out a handful models over the last few decades, I doubt we will see another model after 31 anytime soon.  Maybe a small 31?

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:05 PM
I love everything about them... except the price :D Great pics and some beauties for sure :drool: Thanks for taking the pics, Megan :hatsoff:

Poncho the price is definitely a bitter pill to swallow. But as Megan says you can feel the quality.

Another great thing about chris reeve knives is where as some manufacturers glue their knifes up with threadlock and taking them apart voids the warranty and can often strips the screws.

Chris openly encourages you to disassemble your knives for maintenance. He does not use threadlock and even supplies the Allen key (one because he uses just one size for all the fixings in the sebenza construction) to do it with.

He also uses S35 steel (a steel he helped develop if I am correct) over some of the newer even harder steels as he rates its toughness and user serviceability over the now more fashionable steels.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:48:51 PM by chip »

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 12:46:39 PM
True, I am sure 31 will hit the market this year, might have seen it listed already.  CRK has always been enjoying high demand, they only brought out a handful models over the last few decades, I doubt we will see another model after 31 anytime soon.  Maybe a small 31?

Here in the uk he won’t let you buy direct from him but directs you to his exclusive UK importer Framer Knives and there stock is limited and had no 31s last time I checked. I think they have released the new 31 in both large and small and he has sold them as quick as he can make them hence not seeing any in his usual larger US retailers. Hopefully I will be able to buy one from framer knives next year as I was bent over by uk customs when recently importing the the 21 from the US

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 12:51:08 PM
Here in the uk he won’t let you buy direct from him but directs you to his exclusive UK importer Framer Knives and there stock is limited and had no 31s last time I checked. I think they have released the new 31 in both large and small and he has sold them as quick as he can make them hence not seeing any in his usual larger US retailers. Hopefully I will be able to buy one from framer knives next year as I was bent over by uk customs when recently importing the the 21 from the US

Sorry to hear about the custom issue, maybe it's the lock that raising all the fuss.  I got the Inkosi with micarta inlay, and it does make the knife feel better in hand.  Hope the local dealer will stock up soon for UK market.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 01:11:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the custom issue, maybe it's the lock that raising all the fuss.  I got the Inkosi with micarta inlay, and it does make the knife feel better in hand.  Hope the local dealer will stock up soon for UK market.

Thanks, I bought from DLT trading (a great retailer) and factored in the added VAT (value added tax) I knew I would have to pay when it arrived. But did not realise I would have to pay a separate customs tax on top of that. So in the end I paid quit a bit more than I would have done from framer knives.
My fault entirely trying to be clever and save money buying from the States.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
Thanks, I bought from DLT trading (a great retailer) and factored in the added VAT (value added tax) I knew I would have to pay when it arrived. But did not realise I would have to pay a separate customs tax on top of that. So in the end I paid quit a bit more than I would have done from framer knives.
My fault entirely trying to be clever and save money buying from the States.

DLT indeed is a decent dealer(I'm not affiliated or related to them in anyway), I don't know it make any difference, but Lamnia is a pretty good dealer based in Europe which I like too.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 01:37:01 PM
DLT indeed is a decent dealer(I'm not affiliated or related to them in anyway), I don't know it make any difference, but Lamnia is a pretty good dealer based in Europe which I like too.

I will give them a look, thanks :tu:

se Offline RF52

Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 03:54:25 PM
:iagree: Lamnia is great and they have a biiig selection of stuff :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

england Offline Kev D

Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 11:30:45 AM
Lovely looking knives, waaaaaaay out of my price range though.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 01:57:15 PM
I would like a plain Ti version like the 21 was...

Never could afford the 21, and it seems if I can afford a 31 now, I HAVE to choose a design...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%