Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Customer Service/Parts?

us Offline Screwdriver

SOG Customer Service/Parts?
on: January 01, 2020, 04:08:08 PM
I got a PowerLock EOD BO from my Aunt for Christmas and one of the tool covers looks like it was not properly degreased when it was coated. The BO is really splotchy and it missing in areas. I know the BO will wear with use, but the cover looks like it was on a well used tool, while the rest of the tool looks brand new.

My Aunt bought it locally in Oregon and I am in CA. She is old and having her do an exchange along with shipping will be a pain for her. So I would like to just buy another cover. Does SOG sell just the covers. or will I have to send the whole tool in?

BTW, I have always used Leathermans and I am really impressed with the PowerLock.

Thanks and Happy New Years!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: SOG Customer Service/Parts?
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 04:27:17 PM
Hello and welcome to :MTO:    :cheers:

I'm not sure if they sell the covers on the SOG website but you should go there and check. They do sell individual tools for their MT's. You could always ask their customer support as well and they might send you a cover free of charge if you send them some pics showing the issue.

https://sogknives.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxrbwBRCoARIsABEc9sgQQlXhBYgQTD-SjFNxZ_dZtIC5wn1FQYAdghMO7XMPDUWU543CnskaAostEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Looks like they sell a cover for the Powerassist, I don't know if that is the same cover for the Powerlock   :dunno:

https://sogknives.com/handle-cover-powerassist/

us Offline Screwdriver

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 04:46:16 PM
Hello and welcome to :MTO:    :cheers:

I'm not sure if they sell the covers on the SOG website but you should go there and check. They do sell individual tools for their MT's. You could always ask their customer support as well and they might send you a cover free of charge if you send them some pics showing the issue.

https://sogknives.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxrbwBRCoARIsABEc9sgQQlXhBYgQTD-SjFNxZ_dZtIC5wn1FQYAdghMO7XMPDUWU543CnskaAostEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Looks like they sell a cover for the Powerassist, I don't know if that is the same cover for the Powerlock   :dunno:

https://sogknives.com/handle-cover-powerassist/

I saw the PowerAssist cover, which does not fit the PowerLock. I did a search for the PowerLock cover and SOG did have a purchase page, but it has been removed. I'll give them a call this morning and hopefully they will send, or sell me one.

I just want the tool to wear evenly.

Thanks!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 04:53:41 PM
You bet and good luck  :cheers:

Let us know the outcome  :tu:

us Offline Screwdriver

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 12:44:56 AM
You bet and good luck  :cheers:

Let us know the outcome  :tu:

Spoke to a SOG rep on the phone when I posted this here (Jan 2) and they told me to email support, which I did. Zero reply. Called back today and was told I have to email them for service.

Sending it back for a refund.

Oh well.

ro Offline Edi

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 11:30:31 AM
Sad experience. If i understood correctly, the sog mt's are not as customizable as before (when one could have bought parts) and the customer service is crap. Too bad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%