Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SHOT 2020- new G Shock!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
SHOT 2020- new G Shock!
on: January 28, 2020, 12:24:02 AM
Another neat thing that Megan spotted at SHOT was this new G Shock Mudman Quad Sensor GG-B100!

It's pretty sweet looking, and seems to have a lot of functionality- it may not quite be a smart watch, but it does seem to be blurring the lines, as it can connect to your phone with Bluetooth and share information such as your step count, altimeter, barometric pressure, temperature and compass heading.

Either way, it looks like a very cool addition to a G Shock enthusiast's wrist!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: SHOT 2020- new G Shock!
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 12:37:08 AM
Hm, I'd like there was some info on the battery it uses. How big is it, is it rechargable, if so, how? What battery life do you get from one charge with all that functions it has? I'm sometimes in the mountains for two plus weeks at a time, with not a lot if any options of recharging so battery life is an important factor I'd like to have available.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 12:58:29 AM
Hm, I'd like there was some info on the battery it uses. How big is it, is it rechargable, if so, how? What battery life do you get from one charge with all that functions it has? I'm sometimes in the mountains for two plus weeks at a time, with not a lot if any options of recharging so battery life is an important factor I'd like to have available.

Per the specs

Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2025
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 01:10:56 AM
Per the specs

Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2025

Didn't see those specs anywhere on the linked page, but I missread and thought the gps was i phone and not aquired through smartphone, but still, with bluetooth being connected for data trasfer, that battery life seems weird. :shrug:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 01:14:41 AM
Didn't see those specs anywhere on the linked page, but I missread and thought the gps was i phone and not aquired through smartphone, but still, with bluetooth being connected for data trasfer, that battery life seems weird. :shrug:

Two clicks in

https://products.g-shock.com/asia-mea/en/_detail/GG-B100-1A9/
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 06:11:36 AM
Looks really neat!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 09:41:26 PM
Me likey.... I hope they upgraded the light, id take that over a step counter.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 11:20:22 PM
While I like the new GG-B100 Mudmaster, it can't beat the "old Mutmaster", the GWG-1000,  in my opinion.

This last one does not have the Bluetooth options, but it is solar powered, which makes it a lot more useful when you're outdoors, and with a non-solar powered watch I find myself thinking about battery life everytime I use one of the ABC functions, or even the backlight.  While on a solar powered watch I use them all the time, just for fun  :D.

And you can use the GPS on your smartphone to log you're track into the Casio app, but I find this a bit silly, since you still have to carry your smartphone (which can log your track in other apps as well), and you're still stuck with the battery life of your smartphone for this, which isn't all that great most of the time...

Just my own humble opinion, as always  ;).

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 01:18:18 AM
Me likey.... I hope they upgraded the light, id take that over a step counter.

From the site:

Super Illuminator  (high brightness LED)

I don't know how much better it would be, but it would be hard to be any worse!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 01:25:34 AM
 :o :o
Ok, I’m sold!

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 08:16:46 PM
While I like the new GG-B100 Mudmaster, it can't beat the "old Mutmaster", the GWG-1000,  in my opinion.

This last one does not have the Bluetooth options, but it is solar powered, which makes it a lot more useful when you're outdoors, and with a non-solar powered watch I find myself thinking about battery life everytime I use one of the ABC functions, or even the backlight.  While on a solar powered watch I use them all the time, just for fun  :D.

And you can use the GPS on your smartphone to log you're track into the Casio app, but I find this a bit silly, since you still have to carry your smartphone (which can log your track in other apps as well), and you're still stuck with the battery life of your smartphone for this, which isn't all that great most of the time...

Just my own humble opinion, as always  ;).

I am with you on this one.  the GWG-1000 being solar, and atomic exceeds the step counter and smart phone linking.
if I am carrying my smartphone, then I can do those things on the smartphone.

as someone who enters secure spaces at work periodically (secure as in classified)  I do not want a watch that has bluetooth.  if my watch has bluetooth, I cannot wear it into the space.

I want a GWG-1000, but I do not want to spend $530 on a watch that is like my Rangeman, but Analog, with more simplistic stop watch and timer, and no sunrise and sunset calendar.
I do like the sapphire crystal it has though.
If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD