Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UK Legal Carry Thread! 115792

Jr. Member Posts: 71
Re: UK Legal Carry Thread!
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »

That's essentially correct. The non-locking blade under three inches is the definition of a knife that can be carried as a general pocket knife. If you have a specific and genuine reason for "more" or for a fixed blade, you're perfectly entitled too, which is the point often overlooked in internet discussion. If you need a billhook for hedging, machete for clearing a vacant lot, fixed blade for fishing or food prep while camping, then go for it. Just be sure that you can justify the reason for carrying more than that sub-3" slippie.

Another example: As I have some health issues which affect my coordination and other motor skills, I would probably be able to put the case forward for having a locking blade over a slipjoint knife, but wouldn't have a cause for carrying longer than a 3" blade. Having submitted this reason, the onus would then be on the police to disprove this, or to prove that I was carrying it with nefarious intent, or was for example using it in an intentionally threatening manner, or making threats to harm someone with it.

The short version, is that you can carry whatever you need, but if you don't have a specific need, the law protects your right to carry a reasonable pocket knife everywhere which doesn't have specific "no blade" restrictions.

Almost completely correct, however only a judge can decide guilt and or intent  :tu:

Not quite :D

Magistrates (2 or 3)  or a district judge but only if you hit a a magistrates’ court  might pass judgement

but if you go to a crown court the judge is there to define points of law, direct the jury and pass sentence

The Jury decides guilt

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:06:16 PM by SAKPal »
Newbie Posts: 26
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
Boom.. And I'm back with my new favorite UK legal pocket knife.... The Bestech Junzi  :climber:

(with companion Huntsman)

[]

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:34:58 PM by Moose »
Full Member Posts: 148

JK

« Reply #692 on: January 23, 2021, 03:48:48 PM »
Related question. I finished making a puukko for a friend but given the pandemic I would have to ship it rather than meet. Does anyone know how to send one? Most couriers seem to have exclusions for knives and sharp objects.
Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,014 Aggressive in defence
« Reply #693 on: January 23, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »
Related question. I finished making a puukko for a friend but given the pandemic I would have to ship it rather than meet. Does anyone know how to send one? Most couriers seem to have exclusions for knives and sharp objects.

I send knives by Royal Mail all the time. Knives are ok as long as they aren’t on the banned weapons list. Just say it’s cutlery when they ask what it is.
Full Member Posts: 148

JK

« Reply #694 on: January 28, 2021, 08:38:11 PM »
I send knives by Royal Mail all the time. Knives are ok as long as they aren’t on the banned weapons list. Just say it’s cutlery when they ask what it is.

Fixed blade puukko?
Hero Member Posts: 569
« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »
Fixed blade puukko?

Call it a kitchen knife or for a specific purpose, aka fishing knife.

Send a card with it, maybe one or two fishing gimmics as addition if you feel like that.
No Life Club Posts: 3,624
« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2021, 08:40:31 PM »
I might lose a Vic' classic tomorrow  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I'm off to the Shard (London) and it states "airport style" security scanners so I thought I'd give it a go  :dunno:

https://www.the-shard.com/

I might need to replace the standard black with an Alox version  :whistle: :rofl: (let's see  ;) )

Classic & Keys 0621a.jpg
* Classic & Keys 0621a.jpg (Filesize: 356.54 KB)

They don't like it up 'em!
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 22,219

Nix us

« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »
 :rofl:

Good luck!   :tu:

heterodox, not in the box
No Life Club Posts: 1,820
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »
I might lose a Vic' classic tomorrow  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I'm off to the Shard (London) and it states "airport style" security scanners so I thought I'd give it a go  :dunno:

https://www.the-shard.com/

I might need to replace the standard black with an Alox version  :whistle: :rofl: (let's see  ;) )

You got guts Surge  8) You also have a very weird key... wallet?

I'm going to take a wild guess that you may be evaluating their 'airport style' security to see if it meets your lofty standards? Hopefully you won't be found out by someone with your enthusiasm  :twak:  :whistle:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »
Well, it worked  :tu:

I wasn't selected for a "Private Search"  :pok:

The problem is that I still don't know if it's allowed or not (if you ask, it's a whole world of pain) If you take the chance, as I did, and win  :woohoo: then it's all good  :think:

Still, it was a great day and the views of London (and Essex, Kent, Middlesex & Surrey) were fantastic.

If you could, you should  :tu:

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 22,219

Nix us

« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »
 :cheers:  Glad you still have your trusty Classic!   :tu:

heterodox, not in the box
« Reply #701 on: June 18, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »
:cheers:  Glad you still have your trusty Classic!   :tu:
Cheers Nix  :cheers:

« Reply #702 on: June 18, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »
You got guts Surge  8) You also have a very weird key... wallet?

I'm going to take a wild guess that you may be evaluating their 'airport style' security to see if it meets your lofty standards? Hopefully you won't be found out by someone with your enthusiasm  :twak: :whistle:
What's wrong with my key wallet  :pok:

It has to hold a credit card sized access card (so I can get into the shopping centre I live in  ::) )
I'm in Wales next week so don't make me come looking for you  :twak:

« Reply #703 on: June 18, 2021, 08:37:42 PM »
What's wrong with my key wallet  :pok:

It has to hold a credit card sized access card (so I can get into the shopping centre I live in  ::) )
I'm in Wales next week so don't make me come looking for you  :twak:

It's different from what I know and am used to, thus makes me scared of it and lash out appropriately, you weirdo  :pok:

Mate, I know you're posh, but 'stealth camping' in Waitrose isn't the way to go  :whistle:

Pfft, you'll probably be dahn saff even this side of the border  ::)

« Reply #704 on: June 21, 2021, 08:14:52 PM »
It's different from what I know and am used to, thus makes me scared of it and lash out appropriately, you weirdo  :pok:

Mate, I know you're posh, but 'stealth camping' in Waitrose isn't the way to go  :whistle:

Pfft, you'll probably be dahn saff even this side of the border  ::)
FYI: I don't "camp" anywhere  :twak: (did enough of that years ago!)

I shall be arriving in Port Toilet Talbot tomorrow afternoon and then off to three cliffs the following day.

I shall leave the "Land of our Fathers" on Thursday morning and return to "Waitrose"  :pok:

I will be equipped with the FX & Bond along with my Fenix E01 (I trust this meets with your foreign laws) :dunno:

« Reply #705 on: June 22, 2021, 10:58:59 PM »
FYI: I don't "camp" anywhere  :twak: (did enough of that years ago!)

I shall be arriving in Port Toilet Talbot tomorrow afternoon and then off to three cliffs the following day.

I shall leave the "Land of our Fathers" on Thursday morning and return to "Waitrose"  :pok:

I will be equipped with the FX & Bond along with my Fenix E01 (I trust this meets with your foreign laws) :dunno:

I should think your gear nice enough to warrant the cross border mugging shake down yes, I've already called 'dibs' on you as an Englishman of 'taxing' interest  :pok:

I've never been to Port water closet, but I hope you can make the most of your time in our lovely land given the unfortunate circumstances of your visit

...Wait that was far too nice to you err.... You smell of elderberries!

« Reply #706 on: June 24, 2021, 08:41:18 PM »
I should think your gear nice enough to warrant the cross border mugging shake down yes, I've already called 'dibs' on you as an Englishman of 'taxing' interest  :pok:

I've never been to Port water closet, but I hope you can make the most of your time in our lovely land given the unfortunate circumstances of your visit

...Wait that was far too nice to you err.... You smell of elderberries!
Well, we survived the trip (although GWR First Class have let themselves go  :dunno: )

To be fair you're not missing much at Port Talbot these days, which is now looking very sad & dated  :( It used to be a buzzing little town a decade or so ago but, with the steelworks on tenterhooks and the Covid issues, it's sadly in decline  :'(

It awl went as well as could be expected and my father was laid to rest on the cliffs with a view of both Port Talbot & Oxwich Bay  :tu:

It didn't seem appropriate to take MTO type pics, so I didn't  :-\

However, here's a shot from the cliffs (towards Oxwich)

Also one of the EDC (which Welsh Customs missed  :pok: ) back home with some Welsh pillow chocolates  ;)

NB: Far too polite a response so I shall retort with something similar about 'amsters  :whistle:
Gower Oxwich Bay 1a.jpg
* Gower Oxwich Bay 1a.jpg (Filesize: 388.54 KB)
Perfect EDC 0621a.jpg
* Perfect EDC 0621a.jpg (Filesize: 166.8 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $62.47
PayPal Fees: $4.40
Net Balance: $58.07
Below Goal: $241.93
Site Currency: USD