Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Style screwdriver

us Offline Forklift

Style screwdriver
on: February 02, 2020, 06:52:47 AM
Could someone give me a mini review of the style CS screwdriver?
Over the last 20 years I have carried a variety of pocket knives and multitools.  The only constant is that I have always had a Vic classic on me.  It is light enough to keep even in my pajama pants at night yet still usefull.  Recently I have gotten the urge to try out a style CS instead.  The only thing that is holding me back is that I love the classics screwdriver so much.  It is perfect for light duty tasks.
I know the style CS is not expensive, but I am a cheapskate.
How do the screwdrivers compare?  Looking at internet photos, it would appear that the style screwdriver is less rugged but fits smaller screws.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Style screwdriver
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:06:55 PM
Hi.  While I do not have much experience with the Style CS driver I can show a few comparison pic to the Vic SD driver.  The SAK is my Manager as I dont have a Classic on hand.
I do hope someone will come along to give you more info.  What I can say is they compare pretty favorably by looks alone.  I cannot see how the LM would come up short  :dunno:   
IMG_0245.jpg
* IMG_0245.jpg (Filesize: 143.9 KB)
IMG_0246.jpg
* IMG_0246.jpg (Filesize: 154.54 KB)
IMG_0247.jpg
* IMG_0247.jpg (Filesize: 165.34 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 12:45:06 AM
As an SAK fan, it's hard to admit this, but the Style screwdriver is much better than the Classic SD's. I am an owner of a Style PS. Got it for when travelling to bladeless areas that don't have metal detectors; like hospitals; in the case I do need to cut or tighten something because my old combo of strap cutter plus SwissCard (knife removed) plus Nite Ize Doohickey was poor. You have much better reach (the entire length of the tool, as opposed to just the tip). It will work on the screws on your glasses, No. 1 Phillips screws, and No. 2 Phillips screws. 

I think the Style CS, is in many ways, better than the PS. You have Micra scissors, not the flimsy ones on my PS.

us Offline Forklift

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 07:27:23 AM
Thanks Aloha and Cody
I've come to the conclusion that the style cs is a superior tool but I will stick with the classic because it manages to do what I need at a smaller size, lighter weight, and cheaper price.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 02:05:05 PM
Thanks Aloha and Cody
I've come to the conclusion that the style cs is a superior tool but I will stick with the classic because it manages to do what I need at a smaller size, lighter weight, and cheaper price.

And not to mention--better scissors and nailfile on the Classic. Probably the reason my Style PS is ONLY for situations in which a blade is a big no-no.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 02:52:52 PM
Its hard to beat the Classic or derivatives of.
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD