Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone seen the light,

chip · 35 · 1155

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Re: Anyone seen the light,
Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 05:56:26 PM
I remember before the Internet when (for me) shopping was not a pastime. When I needed something I went out and bought it. Now I spend so much time looking for things to buy for buyings sake.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 05:59:59 PM
Shopping?! Pff... darn kids!

In my time, if we wanted a SAK, we had to track it down in the wild, kill it and carry it home on our back!

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 06:27:22 PM
Your not far wrong. I had a friend who has sadly passed now who all his life collected coins. He wasn’t an aggressive collector. If he stumbled across  a coin collectors shop, second hand/antique shop or market stall he would pop in have a good browse and chat to the proprietor and if he was lucky come out with a worthy addition or three to his collection.Also if he was in town or out and about near a shop he knew about would pop into see if anything was new in since his last visit.

Then he got the Internet and I introduced him to ebay. And it really took a Hold of him. Everytime I visited him he was on his computer bidding on one coin or another. He had always been very thrifty, make do and mend was his motto. He never replaced anything before it broke and only then if he could not repair it himself🔧.  He even got a call from his bank manager because he had never spent a penny he did not have to for fifty years and now money was coming out of his bank quicker than it went in.
 His collecting went from an occasional enjoyable pastime to an obsession literally overnight thanks to ebay.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 03:15:09 PM
It's been awhile since I've pulled the trigger on a new knife or multitool, but there's a Spyderco Military in the cart just waiting :facepalm:
Barry

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 29, 2020, 02:01:53 AM
I'm starting to see the light again.... I had a bit of a reality check this weekend.
I went out for some hiking, outdoor cooking, and just general stomping around.  Having been unable to get out, and having spent too much time on MTo, I brought....
a Pioneer X, a One Hand Trekker, a Buck lite, a Skeletool KBx, and a Camillus lockback... maybe even more

I reverted back to my old habits - doing most things with the Pioneer X and heavier stuff with the Camillus.  So the others went back in the basket.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%