Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw A-100 Repair?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Kershaw A-100 Repair?
on: August 08, 2020, 03:45:48 PM
I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this lot, but let's just say I have a little bit under $100 in all four. My thinking, when I got it was that for missing hardware, I'd just order that from Fastenal, as they have standoffs that are very similar to the pivots, and in the same sizes (albeit, hex heads).  Some, looking closer, now appears to have more issues, such as missing thumb studs, a missing rivet, and malformed pliers. Thus, I may end up tearing down one or more to use for parts.  And since these are already "Parts or Repair", I may mod a wood saw into one. (bit driver is not a big deal--I can just chuck a 1/4 extension into the jaws). If I can get more than two of them fixed, I may be able to sell them to recoup some of my funds (don't worry--it will basically be sold at cost of tool and parts and listed here).  The first thing I'll probably do is rob a pivot out of one of the worst ones to get the best one in usable shape.  The way I look at the photos,  I think at least two (1 and 3) are fine, and just need a pivot/hardware replaced. #2 has a missing thumb stud and rivet, and the lever that unlocks the handles has been sheared off. #4 has damaged pliers and a missing rivet. I think I can repair at least half of them if the internal tools and locking springs aren't bad.

Do you guys think these are fixable? Do you think I should've thought it through a bit more?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:07:27 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: Kershaw A-100 Repair?
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 02:30:40 AM
If you get one good tool out of the set you will be breaking even.  If you get two or more you come out ahead.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%