Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OPMT with Hook Style Cutter

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
OPMT with Hook Style Cutter
on: May 06, 2019, 05:35:06 AM
I am looking for a new one piece multitool that I could put on my keychain.  My current favorite OPMT and one I frequently use is the TTPocketTools Chopper.  I am interested in finding one with a hook type cutter to be able to get more than what the corner box cutter on the Chopper.

I would also like a bottle opener, pry tip, and screwdriver tip (flat and phillips).  Below are three that I am aware of and looking at.  The chums is probably the one that appeals to me the most, but wonder about the quality especially of the cutter.  I have seen the KERT referenced a few times as be good, but if there is something of the same quality with more tools that I use.  I am curious if anyway has first hand experience to the quality of these or if there are other better ones out there.

NexTool Glacial Pegasus

Chums Box-Driver Keychain Tool

CRKT KERT

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: OPMT with Hook Style Cutter
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 12:37:25 PM
I have the first one, but branded something else.
Great bottle opener, good screwdriver which fits PH2 perfectly, and the design is also nice. No 1/4" wrench slot for a bit, though.
I would say it is not ideal for keychain carry. Too long.

That middle one looks nice. Maybe a bit pokey, but with the carabiner, you can take it off the keys to do something, and put it back on again when you're done.

I have a clone of the CRKT. The real thing will be a lot nicer. The one I have, I did not like. No edge to speak of, the 1/4" wrench does not fit 1/4" bits, the screwdriver tip is too wide for PH2, and when you use it, the point of the bottle opener digs into my finger.

I carry a NiteIze QuicKey on my keys. It cuts well, the driver fits Phillips 2 screws, and it is comfortable to use.

Offline stugumby

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:25 PM
schrade has a good sized one the SCPT 3 even has glass breaker and ring for your finger to go in.

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:26:57 PM
I’ve carried and used the KERT for many years. It works; not as good as some, but better than others. TSA doesn’t freak out about it.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 02:59:12 PM
I'm going to toss out an idea that lacks the hook cutter.  I have the Kert but I have not used it.  Wonderful thing is it was designed by one of our own.

I was a huge fan of the Gerber Shard.  Theres no cutter but you can always mod to suit your needs.  I like my Leatherman #6, again no cutter but with a little modding you can get a sharp edge. 

Now I saw this a while ago and was intrigued. 
https://youtu.be/aF7GFCuXIE0
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24