Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Unknown Knives in 1994 movie "The Crow"

00 Offline rubbabub

• New User
Unknown Knives in 1994 movie "The Crow"
on: April 01, 2020, 04:27:36 AM
There's a knife throwing guy in this movie who carries six knives on himself. Four of these knives, I already know to be SOG Governments, but he also carries two smaller dagger looking knives (judging by their symmetrical and slim grips). I'm sorry but all I can provide for reference is a poor screenshot; he only seems to draw the SOGs in the fight and has the two unknown daggers sheathed until this quick shot. The image is perhaps NSFW, some moderate movie violence.

Show content
Click for image
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 04:33:56 AM by rubbabub »

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Re: Unknown Knives in 1994 movie "The Crow"
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 07:40:14 AM
I looked through pages of images for "Coffin Dagger" "Coffin handled dagger" and "coffin handled throwing knife" and could not find a match - the best I could see was some garbage from Mtech USA with some extra nonsense to look vampire-y.

I suppose someone could try asking someone from the props department from that movie - but they're not exactly well remembered for being able to keep track of things...........

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:19:54 PM
IIRC Randall King made a few knifes for the film, it could have been one of his?
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 02:19:34 PM
I've come a bit closer looking for Boot or Gambler knives, but still nothing to match the image from the scene.

At this point I'm getting annoyed, I think I've looked at every picture of a knife on the internet..

Though not the closest in appearance I've found, the closest "production" facsimile I can suggest is a Rough Rider - http://www.roughriderknives.com/small-boot-knife-checkered-wood-handle/ (which seems to be a copy of an older Camillus design, which may or may not be easy enough to find)

Still not the same thing, and now I just want to find the damn thing! - unfortunately, not too many 90s catalogues have been uploaded....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:44:07 PM by Sea Monster »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD