Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I always take gear with me.

Aloha · 33 · 1797

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Re: I always take gear with me.
Reply #30 on: March 10, 2020, 05:38:23 PM
And then you have Grandma Gatewood. The old lady hiked the whole AT with a gunny sack over her shoulder and Keds sneakers on her feet. Out did many younger better equipped men. It all really depends on the person, and how much they know. A few basic essentials goes very far, but you have to have some base knowledge and experience to start with.

It sounds like the couple in the article were totally clueless to start off. This is why the Darwin theory is true.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: March 10, 2020, 08:09:23 PM
Knowledge and a little gear go a long way.  I wont use the MacGyver comparison as he was a genius and had more than a little knowledge in many areas  :salute:.

Heck even luck plays a role with some who venture out and become lost.  I'm going to go ahead and take gear, along with letting friends and family know where I plan to be and when I plan to return.     

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline 39hotrod

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 11, 2020, 05:10:47 PM
And then you have Grandma Gatewood. The old lady hiked the whole AT with a gunny sack over her shoulder and Keds sneakers on her feet. Out did many younger better equipped men. It all really depends on the person, and how much they know. A few basic essentials goes very far, but you have to have some base knowledge and experience to start with.

It sounds like the couple in the article were totally clueless to start off. This is why the Darwin theory is true.

Excellent book to read.. :hatsoff:
All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56