Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maxpedition drops out of IWA 2020 due to concerns about Coronavirus

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
It was only a matter of time before we started seeing this kind of thing, but Maxpedition has cancelled plans to showcase new products at IWA 2020 in Germany. 

All the info I have is here:
http://multitool.org/news/maxpedition-announces-they-will-not-attend-iwo-2020-due-to-coronavirus-concerns

If you are like me, you are pretty sick of the new "deadly" flu that comes out every year, from swine flu to bird flu to H1N1, we've seen them all come and go.  Apparently Coronavirus is legitimately one to watch out for, and so I really can't blame Maxpedition for taking precautions, especially when employee health and well-being is at stake.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be any more severe or fatal than a lot of others. Just a sneakier little bar steward, that infects all your friends, family and colleagues, before it gets to work making you sick. So by the time you start sweating and sniffling, you've already passed it on to all the vulnerable ones that you'd otherwise steer clear of if you knew you were unwell.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
You can't catch it if you have royal blood apparently. No need to self isolate for the good of others if you have blue blood coarsing through your veins  :twak:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Lots of NOT-satirical-but-seems-like-it quotes resulting from this virus. :D
Example:
'The Irish Rugby Football Union said it would be seeking an urgent meeting with [the Irish Health Minister] "as to the specific reasoning behind calling for the cancellation of the [Ireland Vs Italy] match in the context of the Government's overall travel policy to and from Italy and other affected countries".'

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1117590/
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
You can't catch it if you have royal blood apparently. No need to self isolate for the good of others if you have blue blood coarsing through your veins  :twak:

What are you cribbing about you've a U boat which incidentally you've never invited me to visit.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
What are you cribbing about you've a U boat which incidentally you've never invited me to visit.
Thanks for calling the U Boat. Your call is important to us. We are currently in lock down due to the Corona soft drink virus. No Corona soft drinks are being admitted on board until a vaccine is available. Thank you for your patience during this period and please continue to enjoy soft drinks of other brands responsibly.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Did ye all hear about the Iranian health minister saying that everything was under control, and then he tests positive for Coronavirus the next day? (Nix alerted me to this gem of information)
You can't make this stuff up! :rofl:

Thanks for calling the U Boat. Your call is important to us. We are currently in lock down due to the Corona soft drink virus. No Corona soft drinks are being admitted on board until a vaccine is available. Thank you for your patience during this period and please continue to enjoy soft drinks of other brands responsibly.
Presses 1
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Did ye all hear about the Iranian health minister saying that everything was under control, and then he tests positive for Coronavirus the next day? (Nix alerted me to this gem of information)
You can't make this stuff up! :rofl:
Presses 1

I was just amazed they publicised the fact to be honest.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
that is some news for me
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%