Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One of my lightweight nested cooking kits

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
One of my lightweight nested cooking kits
on: February 10, 2020, 01:03:04 AM
I'm a big fan of Snow Peak's titanium cookware.  Their Trek Combo will set you up easily with two separate cooking kits in the one package.  This is what I did with the larger 1.4L bowl and pan.  I created a paracord net that I can cinch down on the whole thing to hold in the following items:  1.4L pot with pan top, Trek 700mL pot (w/lid), and inside that another 450mL cup.  Between layers, to keep the inside of each one clean from carbon from the one nested inside it, I place neckerchiefs that I make sure to always keep the dirty side facing the bottom of each cup/pot and the clean side toward the next bigger one.  I wrap a foil windscreen around the 450mL cup, and inside that cup I stow a set of Toaks titanium utensils and silicone "Hot Lips" edge protector to keep from burning yourself while drinking coffee or hot tea.  I also keep a washrag that has mesh on one side that makes clean up much quicker. In between the 700 Trek cup and the 1.4L bowl I stow a Bushbox Ultralight and Bushbox Ti pocket stove, along with a small SS spatula I took the handle off of so it would fit (and I use my Leatherman as the handle).  This set up is incredibly light for the amount of stuff inside.   I did pretty much the same with the smaller part of the Trek Combo and keep another cup, stove, and utensils nested in that 800mL pot and created a paracord wrap for it as well.  (also learned the hard way with older sets to coat the bottom side of these with some liquid soap to make clean up so much easier).   One thing I like about this paracord setup is if I need to, I can just clip this on the outside of a pack to make more room.  I don't care if it rains or gets dirty on the outside and these kits are pretty tough. 
CookingKit1.JPG
* CookingKit1.JPG (Filesize: 293.83 KB)
CookingKit2.JPG
* CookingKit2.JPG (Filesize: 238.61 KB)
CookingKit3.JPG
* CookingKit3.JPG (Filesize: 63.55 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: One of my lightweight nested cooking kits
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:05:38 AM
Awarded.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 03:15:14 PM
Another nice kit.  Congrats on the badge. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 03:20:11 PM
 :iagree: :tu:
Barry

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 06:21:06 PM
Many thanks!  I'm hoping to put this one to more use this spring on some dual sport camping trips.  Working on gearing up the bike now for when the weather gets better. 
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 12:49:13 AM
Very nice. What weight is it all up?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41