Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hoping all of the Swiss Army Knights are healthy and safe...

Ike582 · 188 · 6642

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Hoping all of the Swiss Army Knights are healthy and safe...
Reply #120 on: March 30, 2020, 04:42:52 PM
Wishing you and Mrs. Mechy a quick recovery Nick. Sounds like the worst is over and please get good rest!

The only other people I know of that contracted the virus are recovering too. Relatives and in-laws of friends in Green Bay and in NYC. So no one else I know directly.

I normally keep the house stocked for about 3 weeks. Usually, for all the other disasters we can have out here. I started preparing in late January to at least double the emergency supplies and push to 6-8 weeks.  I normally have N95 respirators around, but they’re not medical type and would only protect the wearer since they’re the valved type. I also have a half face respirator for organic vapor for paint and pesticide spraying. Never thought I’d be using them for infection control. Despite my preparation I still feel I should have done more.

I hope and pray everyone else can remain healthy and safe. Good luck to us all. 

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #121 on: March 30, 2020, 04:58:49 PM
Mechanickal, my heart goes out to you and your good lady wife, and to all of those hit by this terrible disease. 

I live in Michigan, which is seeing increasing infection rates, and it's so sad to see families torn apart and lives upended.  Meanwhile, our governor issues a mandatory stay-at-home warning and some folks suspect a plot.  WTF?
It’s crazy over this way near Detroit, our “little” town is up to 8 cases,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #122 on: March 30, 2020, 05:50:17 PM
We are over 500 positive cases and 7 deaths now in my city.  20-39 year olds seem to be the ones testing positive more that other are groups.  In 10 days we went from 70 to 500+ cases.  People don't believe it can or will affect them I guess.

Well wishes to you all.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #123 on: March 30, 2020, 06:16:30 PM
Here’s a list sorry it’s not that readable, and I had to blur out that one because it was someone’s name, but thIs list is for only of what’s around us yet NOT including detroit, cause that would skyrocket the numbers,
Stay safe
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

it Offline Mini

Reply #124 on: March 30, 2020, 11:54:40 PM
Wishing all the best to everyone affected out there.
Especially our Italian members and the ones in and around New York.

For those interested:
Mrs Mechy is doing good today.
She's tired all the time but I feel she's way better than yesterday.
She's bossing me around and asking questions to the point it gets annoying :rofl:

It's too soon to say she's only going to get better now since I heard people who are infected get lots of bad days with some good ones in between. So I can only hope... Tomorrow will bring more wisdom.

I'm feeling fine today. My throat aches are nearly gone and my breathing returned to normal.
I'm tired too, but get to bed early and sleep in (nowhere to go anyway :shrug: ) so that might be my saving... Alongside good food and HYDRATION!!

Stay healthy everyone!

A big hug!

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: March 31, 2020, 08:39:50 AM

For those interested:
She's bossing me around and asking questions to the point it gets annoying :rofl:

It's too soon to say she's only going to get better now since I heard people who are infected get lots of bad days with some good ones in between. So I can only hope... Tomorrow will bring more wisdom.

I'm feeling fine today. My throat aches are nearly gone and my breathing returned to normal.
I'm tired too, but get to bed early and sleep in (nowhere to go anyway :shrug: ) so that might be my saving... Alongside good food and HYDRATION!!

Stay healthy everyone!

Haven't been around for a few days, so I did not get your bad news before, Mechanickal. Very sorry to hear it! I cross my fingers for your wife and wish you both all the best. These are dire times. I hope we will all pull through them - and through the recession that will follow - intact. Take care and stay safe everybody!

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #126 on: April 01, 2020, 04:04:25 AM

For those interested:

Stay healthy everyone!
Good to hear improvement Mechanickal. I feel all of us here at MTO are pulling for you and yours and its a good feeling! :salute:
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #127 on: April 01, 2020, 04:34:54 AM
Hope you and Mrs M are getting better  :salute:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #128 on: April 01, 2020, 03:17:44 PM

For those interested:

Stay healthy everyone!
Good to hear, hope you and Mrs. condition continue to improve.  My thoughts are with you guys.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #129 on: April 01, 2020, 03:19:46 PM
Wishing you and Mrs. Mechy a quick recovery Nick. Sounds like the worst is over and please get good rest!

The only other people I know of that contracted the virus are recovering too. Relatives and in-laws of friends in Green Bay and in NYC. So no one else I know directly.

I normally keep the house stocked for about 3 weeks. Usually, for all the other disasters we can have out here. I started preparing in late January to at least double the emergency supplies and push to 6-8 weeks.  I normally have N95 respirators around, but they’re not medical type and would only protect the wearer since they’re the valved type. I also have a half face respirator for organic vapor for paint and pesticide spraying. Never thought I’d be using them for infection control. Despite my preparation I still feel I should have done more.

I hope and pray everyone else can remain healthy and safe. Good luck to us all. 

Friendly reminder--don't forget to wear big glasses or some form of eye protection if you plan to wear mask.  Droplets could get into eyes just as well.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #130 on: April 01, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
Friendly reminder--don't forget to wear big glasses or some form of eye protection if you plan to wear mask.  Droplets could get into eyes just as well.

Agreed comis. I haven’t been going anywhere but large safety glasses would be minimum and I’d consider swim goggles...so I’d look like a real freak!
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #131 on: April 01, 2020, 04:10:50 PM
Agreed comis. I haven’t been going anywhere but large safety glasses would be minimum and I’d consider swim goggles...so I’d look like a real freak!
Wait, while we are at it, don't forget the swimming cap and take picture! :D

But in all honesty, I do recommend my family and friends to soap wash/alcohol wipe their glasses/wallet/keys/shoes/phone and take a full shower after they get home.  It never hurts to be through.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #132 on: April 01, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
This was an interesting view of LA.  If you've ever been to LA you know traffic is a nightmare. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline EMarkM

Reply #133 on: April 01, 2020, 04:19:40 PM
Just checking in. All well here (Cheshire, UK). Look after yourselves, Knights :)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #134 on: April 01, 2020, 05:25:07 PM

But in all honesty, I do recommend my family and friends to soap wash/alcohol wipe their glasses/wallet/keys/shoes/phone and take a full shower after they get home.  It never hurts to be through.

+1

The virus has an outer layer of fat. By using soap, you destroy it, thus "killing" the virus. Do it thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds. Lots of soap, water temperature is not very relevant.

Alcohol is good, too, but it can dry and damage your skin. Use some lotion from time to time, to hidrate your skin.

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #135 on: April 01, 2020, 05:25:42 PM
Just checking in. All well here (Cheshire, UK). Look after yourselves, Knights :)

Glad to hear this. Stay strong, stay safe!

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #136 on: April 01, 2020, 05:27:47 PM
Right now, awl the world is showing a huge decrease in polution levels in several places. China, India, Europe. With the reduced traffic, the clouds of smoke over the largest cities are disappearing.

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #137 on: April 01, 2020, 05:30:10 PM
No plane trails in the sky either. Yesterday´s sky was extremely clear and blue, like I´ve never seen before.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #138 on: April 01, 2020, 06:11:36 PM
They're saying lives saved due to less polution, less traffic accidents, lower crime are way more than lives lost to covid-19.

Still, little consolation...

The toll is not only on lives, it's on health, wealth, unemployment...

:-[ :-[

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #139 on: April 01, 2020, 07:03:05 PM
Not sure I have enough hair for that to make sense!!  :rofl:

Agreed. It’s my opinion that alcohol is better than the hand sanitizer that seems so popular. And hand washing is key.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #140 on: April 01, 2020, 07:16:09 PM
They're saying lives saved due to less polution, less traffic accidents, lower crime are way more than lives lost to covid-19.

Still, little consolation...

The toll is not only on lives, it's on health, wealth, unemployment...

:-[ :-[

Yup...   :-[  Tell me about it...
I can't stand to watch news all the time anymore, the more it sinks in the more depressed i get...  :cry:

On the up side i get to spend a huge amount of time with my daughter, with the downside of having the wife trying to  boss around all the time...  :twak:

And i finally have some time to get back to doing some work in my studio and getting some music done. I think this was the first time i actually had time to fire up all my studio gear since my daughter was born...  :facepalm:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #141 on: April 01, 2020, 07:30:55 PM
Yup...   :-[  Tell me about it...
I can't stand to watch news all the time anymore, the more it sinks in the more depressed i get...  :cry:

On the up side i get to spend a huge amount of time with my daughter, with the downside of having the wife trying to  boss around all the time...  :twak:

And i finally have some time to get back to doing some work in my studio and getting some music done. I think this was the first time i actually had time to fire up all my studio gear since my daughter was born...  :facepalm:

Try it like I do: watch the news at noon, while having lunch. Then work the rest of the day, to get my mind off this and at night only watch movies or series, to go to bed with a clear head. I have time for the news the next day.

:cheers: :tu:

(estou em Lisboa, e tu? como estão as coisas por aí? espero que esteja tudo bem e se mantenham livres do bicho!)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: April 01, 2020, 08:17:03 PM
Try it like I do: watch the news at noon, while having lunch. Then work the rest of the day, to get my mind off this and at night only watch movies or series, to go to bed with a clear head. I have time for the news the next day.

(estou em Lisboa, e tu? como estão as coisas por aí? espero que esteja tudo bem e se mantenham livres do bicho!)

Yup, you're right. We got to get our minds of this thing for the most time, otherwise we'll go nuts...  :ahhh

(eu na margem sul, zona de Palmela. Por enquanto tudo bem, esperemos que continue assim, para todos  :)

:cheers:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #143 on: April 02, 2020, 11:21:39 AM
Upwards circle started!

Took little over a week, but I believe the hardest part is behind us.

Time to get myself cleaned up now too.
I haven't had a shave in over a week... :facepalm:
Strange how priorities alter completely when your loved one is in a bad spot.

NOT AN AVERAGE FLU! :ahhh

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #144 on: April 02, 2020, 11:32:40 AM
Yup, you're right. We got to get our minds of this thing for the most time, otherwise we'll go nuts...  :ahhh

(eu na margem sul, zona de Palmela. Por enquanto tudo bem, esperemos que continue assim, para todos  :)

:cheers:

:cheers: :salute:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #145 on: April 02, 2020, 11:35:37 AM
Upwards circle started!

Glad to hear this! Rooting for you!

Now go and shave! I bet SWAMBO will appreciate a smooth cleaned face!

:pok: :pok:

:D :D :D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #146 on: April 02, 2020, 12:38:59 PM
I have a (wimpy) goatee now. Advantages of staying inside!
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #147 on: April 02, 2020, 01:26:12 PM
Upwards circle started!

Glad to hear you guys are getting better. Best wishes and speedy full recovery  :tu:

Funny thing is, i haven't shaved in over a week too...  :facepalm:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #148 on: April 02, 2020, 01:27:36 PM

I'm all trimmed into shape now :rofl:

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #149 on: April 02, 2020, 01:39:17 PM
I did not shave me for the last 3 weeks  :rofl:
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79