Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

58mm rounded tip blade?

it Offline shadowrider

58mm rounded tip blade?
on: March 26, 2020, 05:44:38 AM
Hey folks,
I remember having seen pictures of a 58mm Vic with a rounded tip blade sometime ago. The knife had just a few tools and that blade was the only blade. I am also quite sure it hadn't been modified and it came like this from the factory. Does anybody own any such SAK or has any information about it?

cn Offline xfile

Re: 58mm rounded tip blade?
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:55:14 AM

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 09:16:32 AM
Hello xfile and thank you for pointing me to that post. The knife model I was thinking about is indeed like the one you have.

After doing some search, by entering the words printed on the knife, I found some information about hte knife at https://www.schweizerbauer.ch/vermischtes/allerlei/schweizer-fleisch-rockt-gurtenvolk-43321.html.
According to the article, the knife was distributed as a souvenir at a music festival in Switzerland in July 2018, where for 5 CHF you could buy a sausage with bread and a sharpened stick to grill it over a campfire. I am unsure as to whether the knife was included in the 5 CHF price.

As you mentioned in the other thread, I do think the knife should be included in the SAKWiki. Even if it was a special order, it was still factory manufactured by Vic and SAKWiki does include other special order knives as it is.

cn Offline xfile

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 01:51:25 AM
Hello xfile and thank you for pointing me to that post. The knife model I was thinking about is indeed like the one you have.

After doing some search, by entering the words printed on the knife, I found some information about hte knife at https://www.schweizerbauer.ch/vermischtes/allerlei/schweizer-fleisch-rockt-gurtenvolk-43321.html.
According to the article, the knife was distributed as a souvenir at a music festival in Switzerland in July 2018, where for 5 CHF you could buy a sausage with bread and a sharpened stick to grill it over a campfire. I am unsure as to whether the knife was included in the 5 CHF price.

As you mentioned in the other thread, I do think the knife should be included in the SAKWiki. Even if it was a special order, it was still factory manufactured by Vic and SAKWiki does include other special order knives as it is.

Thank you so much for your interesting knowledge :salute:So this little fork is used to eat sausage?I would like to know how many of these knives they have customized.

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Thank you so much for your interesting knowledge :salute:So this little fork is used to eat sausage?I would like to know how many of these knives they have customized.
Glad to be be able to help, but really I am merely reporting what was written on that Swiss website.  :salute:

As for the "fork" tool (originally used as a "divot tool", on golfing knives such as the Caddy), I don't think it was included specifically for eating sausage (or anything else, for that matter), but more as a gimmick. If it was meant to be a proper eating fork, I presume they would have at least sharpened it a bit. Maybe some other user could let us know if they ever tried to use the small divot tool as a fork and if they found it useful?
The rounded blade tip, on the other hand, could have been intended for smearing mustard, or maybe to make the knife kid-friendly.

Interesting quirky knife nonetheless!

74078_1.jpg
* 74078_1.jpg (Filesize: 44.99 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31