Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG PowerAccess at Costco $29.99

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
SOG PowerAccess at Costco $29.99
on: December 13, 2019, 09:22:29 PM
I was browsing Costco on my day off today, and saw something that brought a smile to my face. SOG PowerAccess's, a whole pallet full! Looks to come with a Sheath & Bit set, an a tiny SOG Centi 1 folding knife. I'm a fan of this tool personally, even if it is a little lacking in quality construction.

Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: SOG PowerAccess at Costco $29.99
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:18:43 AM
Too bad Sam's only has el-cheapos (and I mean a BAD one, a CAT version of the Kilamanjaro Magnus and a keychain knife for the exact same price!), or I'd be getting one in a heartbeat. That's an excellent score for what you get!

My Micro Toolclip (V3) bit the dust quickly, but the Centi II it was bundled with is still kicking.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:11:14 PM
I was planning on purchasing a couple of Ozark Trail Multiforce at WalMart to give as Christmas gift but this is a much better deal and for less $$ ~ Thanks!  :tu:
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 11:13:43 PM
At that price, it's a great tool!

Backup tool, expendable tool, compact carry, whatever you want basically!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 04:54:24 PM
At that price, it's a great tool!

Backup tool, expendable tool, compact carry, whatever you want basically!

Yeah, at $30 bucks new, it's pretty good value. Part of me wishes it was priced like a Rebar, with similar quality, but given SOGs recent attempts at higher priced tools, this seems to be a good compromise. I would be very happy to see SOG explore the ~$40 price point some more.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 06:08:50 AM
I was planning on purchasing a couple of Ozark Trail Multiforce at WalMart to give as Christmas gift but this is a much better deal and for less $$ ~ Thanks!  :tu:
I kind of hate to say it but the build quality of the Ozark Trails tool is actually better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 07:25:37 AM
I kind of hate to say it but the build quality of the Ozark Trails tool is actually better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not according to this video  ::) 

youtube.com/watch?v=CEwY0zFE66k
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 01:17:52 AM
Not according to this video  ::) 

youtube.com/watch?v=CEwY0zFE66k

fixed the link:

https://youtu.be/CEwY0zFE66k

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 03:36:17 AM
fixed the link:

https://youtu.be/CEwY0zFE66k
I’ve used one off and on for a couple of months and so has a friend of mine. We haven’t had any issues.  I’ve also trie both the PowerPint and Power Access.  Both of those broke under normal use. Just goes to show the on these cheaper brands QC is hit or miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 04:07:29 AM
I just snagged a multiforce and i find it to be superior quality to my wingman. Especially in the pliers. I wouldn’t hesitate to give one as an Xmas gift. I mean... I just gave one to myself! :)

Charles.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 12:12:19 AM
Didn't wanted to bring any of my LM multitools on my weekend ski trip with the family so I got the one from Costco but notice the molle sheath is kind of flimsy, so I decided to do some reinforcement to it by adding snap bottoms, and it did survive while attached to my belt!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:22:37 AM by JustinCase »

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 04:34:08 AM
Price at my local Costco is now at $29.97, meaning they are on clearance. They must be not selling well. I expect the price will drop further. $15-$20 is not unthinkable.

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 02:55:18 PM
Price at my local Costco is now at $29.97, meaning they are on clearance. They must be not selling well. I expect the price will drop further. $15-$20 is not unthinkable.

Makes me wish I had a Costco membership!

Charles.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43:23 PM
Makes me wish I had a Costco membership!

Charles.

You can buy standard membership to try it out. I do recommend you to stop by between lunch time and about 4pm, for the food sample  ;) If you are not satisfied, Costco will refund your money in full. Having a large family, I always get cash back annually far exceeding the membership cost.

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:30 PM
I’m single so it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Charles.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:58 AM
I’m single so it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Charles.
Never done this but I think you go to the front desk and get a free membership for a day. I would call first though. But for sure you can buy the alcohol without the membership. At least here in California.

us Offline gregpost

Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 08:03:35 PM
 Costco used to carry Leatherman, including some exclusives. Hope this means they start carrying more quality multitools again. I am due a Costco trip will check to see if these are in stock and on clearance.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 07:37:54 AM
I'm not a fan of SOG but the Power Access is on sale for $19.00 at my local Costco, which I think is  a pretty good deal :popcorn:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 03:33:16 AM
My mom has a membership, I had her grab me one for $20 last week...for the price it's ok, the main blade is comically small and not very sharp, I think the mini knife that it came with is a little sharper, the locking mechanism seems ok, but I wouldn't trust it in the long run, you do get decent bits which include a T6, T8 Torx so always nice to get some spares for your blades. Sheath is average, as others have said the magnet that holds the bits in the plier slot is very weak, and probably better using an extender, or not using it at all as a lot of the bits are redundant with the main tools. It's good for a beater tho..

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 08:36:09 PM
What's up with all these popping up in ebay with the little knife removed?  :think:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 09:13:00 PM
What's up with all these popping up in ebay with the little knife removed?  :think:
People like the mini EDC knife because is sharp, easy to carry on the key ring and perfect for those quick box opening, envelopes and potato chip bags :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:35:38 PM by JustinCase »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%