Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just a rant...!! >:(

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Just a rant...!! >:(
Reply #60 on: April 06, 2020, 07:21:09 PM
I like pineapple but not pizza. Should I leave now?   :drink:
I dont think I have ever heard of such a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 07:21:18 PM

You can always send your share of the pizza to me. I‘ll take care of it  :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: April 06, 2020, 07:34:01 PM
What are your thoughts on chips/French fries? 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: April 06, 2020, 07:36:18 PM
I love French fries :drool:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: April 06, 2020, 07:56:45 PM

Crinkle Cut FTW, I love well fried sweet potato chips also and Heinz Spicy Ketchup to go with them. No mayo. Really no.  :pok:

Oh and any restaurant serving pre-cut bagged chips should be banned, burned to the ground and the ashes sown with salt.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: April 06, 2020, 08:00:39 PM
We like twice fried taters.  Once to cook and a second time to crisp.  I love homemade onion rings too. 
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #66 on: April 06, 2020, 08:02:29 PM

On pizza?!

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: April 06, 2020, 08:05:10 PM
Ok sure?   :dunno:
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #68 on: April 06, 2020, 08:30:30 PM
speaking of pineapples...a little trivia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_pizza

There is a local pizza shop called Pisa Pizza West. I tend to order their "kitchen sink special" which has basically every topping on offer. That is one heavy pie, but so delicious.  :drool:

As for french fries...I tend towards potato wedges. Better yet, spiced potato wedges. You know all this food talk is making me hungry. The better half is making a large pot of chili right now. We plan on not having to go out for a little while.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #69 on: April 06, 2020, 09:01:23 PM

No...no, not necessarily. Pineapple is indeed lovely, but a really good pizza (which I might add, I have not had in smurfing years) is a  thing of orgasmic deliciousness...ness.  :dd:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #70 on: April 06, 2020, 09:05:39 PM
We like twice fried taters.  Once to cook and a second time to crisp.  I love homemade onion rings too.

Onion rings... a well done onion ring is a thing of organs...

se Offline RF52

Reply #71 on: April 06, 2020, 09:47:52 PM
I want pizza now  :facepalm:
I had a ham and pineapple pizza for dinner :cheers:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: April 06, 2020, 10:13:03 PM
Is this still going on?? :ahhh
This thread went Bananas!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #73 on: April 06, 2020, 10:17:52 PM
I am having pizza tonight  :drool: :woohoo:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26:55 PM
Is this still going on?? :ahhh
This thread went Bananas!

Did you say Pizza with Bananas?
Hmmmmm? :think:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:33 PM
I am having pizza tonight  :drool: :woohoo:
Dude!
It's 21h30 over there by now...

Think of the calories! :ahhh

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 10:29:07 PM
Can this thread get anymore derailed? ::)

My two cents: I hate pizza
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33:33 PM
Have some respect people please. Plenty of other threads to post your funny stuff in. Right now you're not helping.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 12:18:01 AM
 :oops: sorry

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 12:25:25 AM
I'm not sure if we're still discussing the OP?

For reference - I am in Australia.

We can own and use firearms for a variety of legal purposes (hunting, target shooting, professional, or agriculture are basically the options)

I like firearms, I have used them for all of the above, and I am more than happy to discuss their use for all of the above, hear other's views, and look at pretty pictures.

As far as it goes - "self defence" is not one of the legal reasons to own, or carry a firearm in this country - the law sees you leaving the house with an item for "self defence" as the same as leaving the house with an item "for murder" - you are planning, ahead of action, to have something ready for violence against someone else.

Like it or lump it, that's our laws.

BUT - as I started with, that's not the guns fault, and there are a number of other well respected and understood uses for firearms, that have some overlap with the audience here - hunters, outdoorsmen, farmers, law enforcement and military.

I would argue that firearms have as much of a place to be discussed here as kayaks do, if not more ;) -

It's not my call whether or not the moderators/owner of the forum entertain discussion of using them against other folk - but it's a slippery slope. We say we can't talk about shooting people, then maybe we can't talk about skinning animals, or butchering carcasses, and then maybe we're not allowed to use our multitool to cut a green branch off a tree...

You can never say that your "line in the sand" is any better positioned than someone elses, and here at least, on a nice friendly forum, the discussion is just that...a bit of talk. It's not really the place to leverage influence for changing the world, if indeed, you feel that the world needs changing....

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 12:36:01 AM
So just to be clear, this is not a thread for discussing firearms.

And unless you have something that's constructive to add here please go about your regular posting in other threads.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 03:45:11 AM
One of the main reasons I really like this forum is because of the civility.  Actually MTO goes beyond civility to a friendly camaraderie most of the time.  Some forums have issues even achieving civility, which is why I no longer participate in them. 

Unfortunately, in the US at least, many topics are now treated as black and white (or more aptly blue or red) by people.  Knowledge-based discussions/debates have frequently been replaced by emotion-based heated arguments.  Even if you partially agree, but are somewhere in the middle, you may find anger directed toward you especially on certain topics, which guns are one.  It can really be frustrating, especially when your opinions are based on knowledge based research and tend to be varying shades of gray and don’t usually align with the side people assume you should align with.

With that said I will gladly conceal carry my handgun (along with my other tools to include a pair of tweezers specifically for tick removal and a locking knife) to the local pizza parlor to pick-up a pepperoni, pineapple and jalapeño pizza to bring home to my wife.  After the gun is put away, I’ll have a drink made with Fizziest (no name real sugar Dr. Pepper) and Irish Whiskey.

Over the pizza, we may find ourselves discussing how someone online got “triggered by the Amy-Doll”.  [Amy Doll is our term for a person who becomes emotionally outraged.  It is an almond shaped pillow doll that works like a voodoo doll but for emotions.  The name is based off amygdala.]

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: April 07, 2020, 04:44:11 AM
One of the main reasons I really like this forum is because of the civility.  Actually MTO goes beyond civility to a friendly camaraderie most of the time.  Some forums have issues even achieving civility, which is why I no longer participate in them. 

Unfortunately, in the US at least, many topics are now treated as black and white (or more aptly blue or red) by people.  Knowledge-based discussions/debates have frequently been replaced by emotion-based heated arguments.  Even if you partially agree, but are somewhere in the middle, you may find anger directed toward you especially on certain topics, which guns are one.  It can really be frustrating, especially when your opinions are based on knowledge based research and tend to be varying shades of gray and don’t usually align with the side people assume you should align with.

With that said I will gladly conceal carry my handgun (along with my other tools to include a pair of tweezers specifically for tick removal and a locking knife) to the local pizza parlor to pick-up a pepperoni, pineapple and jalapeño pizza to bring home to my wife.  After the gun is put away, I’ll have a drink made with Fizziest (no name real sugar Dr. Pepper) and Irish Whiskey.

Over the pizza, we may find ourselves discussing how someone online got “triggered by the Amy-Doll”.  [Amy Doll is our term for a person who becomes emotionally outraged.  It is an almond shaped pillow doll that works like a voodoo doll but for emotions.  The name is based off amygdala.]

There's a lot to like about this post.

I was just thinking... elsewhere on the internet.. there are all these charged arguments from people who have some stored knowledge and then inappropriately apply it, and then there's overgeneralizations and misattributions.   Things aren't always red, or blue, but for some reason, people seem to insist that they are.  So many people are single-issue voters, meanwhile, because you believe one thing they pin another belief on you unnecessarily.  And yes, there are a lot of problems in that one sentence. 

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #83 on: April 07, 2020, 06:06:36 AM
I'm not sure if we're still discussing the OP?

For reference - I am in Australia.

We can own and use firearms for a variety of legal purposes (hunting, target shooting, professional, or agriculture are basically the options)

I like firearms, I have used them for all of the above, and I am more than happy to discuss their use for all of the above, hear other's views, and look at pretty pictures.

As far as it goes - "self defence" is not one of the legal reasons to own, or carry a firearm in this country - the law sees you leaving the house with an item for "self defence" as the same as leaving the house with an item "for murder" - you are planning, ahead of action, to have something ready for violence against someone else.

Like it or lump it, that's our laws.

BUT - as I started with, that's not the guns fault, and there are a number of other well respected and understood uses for firearms, that have some overlap with the audience here - hunters, outdoorsmen, farmers, law enforcement and military.

I would argue that firearms have as much of a place to be discussed here as kayaks do, if not more ;) -

It's not my call whether or not the moderators/owner of the forum entertain discussion of using them against other folk - but it's a slippery slope. We say we can't talk about shooting people, then maybe we can't talk about skinning animals, or butchering carcasses, and then maybe we're not allowed to use our multitool to cut a green branch off a tree...

You can never say that your "line in the sand" is any better positioned than someone elses, and here at least, on a nice friendly forum, the discussion is just that...a bit of talk. It's not really the place to leverage influence for changing the world, if indeed, you feel that the world needs changing....

Well stated.

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: April 07, 2020, 06:17:00 AM
I've said before, what makes this a great place to hang out is that there are people from all walks of life that make an effort to come together, noting that people will even use Google Translate to communicate and come together.  I've also said that as an American, I don't assume that my flavor of the English language is the correct one when I go tramping with my friends from Australia.  Aristotle said that the mark of an educated mind it to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and I always try my best to do that.

In America, I'm able to see both sides of the firearm, so to speak, though I see one side more than the other - and that's likely a product of where I live.  Again, put aside red or blue for a moment - I've had great fun with target practice as a kid, and I like to go shooting once in a while when my friends and I plan a "trip" to the range.  I'm in an area with much more restriction, therefore its a bit of a "production" to get out to the range - the range where most people rent firearms for a day - the same range where every once in a while someone rents a firearm and tragically ends their own life on the spot.  So like any hobby, it becomes a matter of enjoyment vs cost. Though for many people, it's a bit of a religion where the only amendment if the US Constitution that matters is the 2nd.  Admittedly, because I rarely shoot for sport and not a single person I'm aware of carries for defense, I lean on the side of "you don't need them"

Then I think about knives and multitools.  A few months ago, we got into a heated debate about locking knives, with tempers really flaring up.  Everyone had something to say - "you don't need a lock, a lock makes it a stabby stabby weapon, you do need a lock for safety, why do you need a lock? , I never needed a lock"... etc etc. etc. 
I really thought at the time that what nobody was paying much attention to was that we individuals are used to what we can legally carry.  Some folks criticizing others for saying locks are unnecessary, didn't realize many of us were used to rarely using one because of the law.  Some folks complain about the large Vic Alox Hunter without the OHO thumb hole not realizing it's that way to make it legal in some countries.  I get that Gerber is "just plain stupid" for not putting a pocket clip on some models - but I'm glad for that, because a pocket clip is grounds for me to be stopped by police to see if the blade length is within limits.  I'd rather not be stopped by the police.

What I'm trying to say is - there are so many cultural variables in all of these things, and while we do have polarizing aspects to knives - OHO, blade length, clips, too often, we forget that what we're used to is based on the laws and customs of where we live.  I don't know a single person who carries a fixed blade.  They're legal, I just don't know anyone who carries one.  The same thing goes for firearms - and sadly it's even more polarizing because it's tied to politics.  But with politics, it's even more sadly tied to race/culture/creed/history.  Not totally, but the undertone is there. Theres an amusing CollegeHumor skit about the NRA that pokes fun at that point.  I try to be sensitive to that.

So what I try to do myself is think of how knife laws and culture shaped my choices and preferences, and realize that different laws and culture informs other people's choices about knives... and similarly about guns.  I chalk it up to something we can't control about ourselves.

With humility, I try to remind myself that I'm from just one place in this world.  And with humility, I remember that while we debate over here whether pineapple belongs on pizza around here, the mortadella that DOES belong on pizza has never even set foot in the pizza parlor.  And I remember that in this place where I live and have developed my opinions, habits, biases, and preferences, I am the strange one for calling a pineapple... a pineapple. 

pineapple.jpg
* pineapple.jpg (Filesize: 66.21 KB)

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #85 on: April 07, 2020, 06:48:59 AM
I like turtles.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: April 07, 2020, 09:25:20 AM
I've said before, what makes this a great place to hang out is that there are people from all walks of life that make an effort to come together, noting that people will even use Google Translate to communicate and come together.  I've also said that as an American, I don't assume that my flavor of the English language is the correct one when I go tramping with my friends from Australia.  Aristotle said that the mark of an educated mind it to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and I always try my best to do that.

In America, I'm able to see both sides of the firearm, so to speak, though I see one side more than the other - and that's likely a product of where I live.  Again, put aside red or blue for a moment - I've had great fun with target practice as a kid, and I like to go shooting once in a while when my friends and I plan a "trip" to the range.  I'm in an area with much more restriction, therefore its a bit of a "production" to get out to the range - the range where most people rent firearms for a day - the same range where every once in a while someone rents a firearm and tragically ends their own life on the spot.  So like any hobby, it becomes a matter of enjoyment vs cost. Though for many people, it's a bit of a religion where the only amendment if the US Constitution that matters is the 2nd.  Admittedly, because I rarely shoot for sport and not a single person I'm aware of carries for defense, I lean on the side of "you don't need them"

Then I think about knives and multitools.  A few months ago, we got into a heated debate about locking knives, with tempers really flaring up.  Everyone had something to say - "you don't need a lock, a lock makes it a stabby stabby weapon, you do need a lock for safety, why do you need a lock? , I never needed a lock"... etc etc. etc. 
I really thought at the time that what nobody was paying much attention to was that we individuals are used to what we can legally carry.  Some folks criticizing others for saying locks are unnecessary, didn't realize many of us were used to rarely using one because of the law.  Some folks complain about the large Vic Alox Hunter without the OHO thumb hole not realizing it's that way to make it legal in some countries.  I get that Gerber is "just plain stupid" for not putting a pocket clip on some models - but I'm glad for that, because a pocket clip is grounds for me to be stopped by police to see if the blade length is within limits.  I'd rather not be stopped by the police.

What I'm trying to say is - there are so many cultural variables in all of these things, and while we do have polarizing aspects to knives - OHO, blade length, clips, too often, we forget that what we're used to is based on the laws and customs of where we live.  I don't know a single person who carries a fixed blade.  They're legal, I just don't know anyone who carries one.  The same thing goes for firearms - and sadly it's even more polarizing because it's tied to politics.  But with politics, it's even more sadly tied to race/culture/creed/history.  Not totally, but the undertone is there. Theres an amusing CollegeHumor skit about the NRA that pokes fun at that point.  I try to be sensitive to that.

So what I try to do myself is think of how knife laws and culture shaped my choices and preferences, and realize that different laws and culture informs other people's choices about knives... and similarly about guns.  I chalk it up to something we can't control about ourselves.

With humility, I try to remind myself that I'm from just one place in this world.  And with humility, I remember that while we debate over here whether pineapple belongs on pizza around here, the mortadella that DOES belong on pizza has never even set foot in the pizza parlor.  And I remember that in this place where I live and have developed my opinions, habits, biases, and preferences, I am the strange one for calling a pineapple... a pineapple.

I was done posting on this thread, but this has to be the best darn post I've seen here by a mile, not only on this thread but also applyed to a lot of similar threads.
A polite, humble, informed, well written, able to see both sides of the fence, and ending up with a touch humor kind of a post....

Well done Sr.  :hatsoff:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #87 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:35 AM
Well said, ElevenBlade.  :hatsoff:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #88 on: April 07, 2020, 02:02:00 PM
Did you say Pizza with Bananas?
Hmmmmm? :think:

I love banana with some strong flavoured cheese, like cheddar and the like.

I awlso love 4 cheese pizza with slices of banana. It melts and caramelizes and gets mixed with the melted cheese and... I'm going to get lunch now!

:cheers: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #89 on: April 07, 2020, 02:02:21 PM
I like turtles.

On a pizza?! Dude!

:pok: :pok:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD