Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lost and found rambler

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Lost and found rambler
on: December 06, 2022, 07:39:07 AM
I have several Saks both original and mods that I edc and use. I have misplaced them from time to time but always found them again in the car, sofa or other places where they have gone on an adventure outside my pocket but when that happened to my rambler I was looking like crazy and realized that this little thing are one of my most loved, not by sentimental value but pure function!

It's a 58mm that some love and some don't and I get it. It's small and for working outside an office I would not rely on it to get the job done. But for home day to day use it's just fantastic.

Scissors to cut nails, strings, mustache or whatever else
File for nails or small sharp plastic
Blade on the right side compared to the classic sd. This way it can still be used comfortably when on your keys or with a lanyard to extend and be used with surprising good grip and last but not least
The bottle opener / small Phillips for beers and all those toys, calculator, nightlight and other small electronics

I saw someone that put a pin with the tweezers and quickly adapted it

20221204_095157.jpg
* 20221204_095157.jpg (Filesize: 246.39 KB)

20221204_095205.jpg
* 20221204_095205.jpg (Filesize: 274.1 KB)

20221204_095245.jpg
* 20221204_095245.jpg (Filesize: 123.15 KB)

20221204_095316.jpg
* 20221204_095316.jpg (Filesize: 168.9 KB)

I know most of you already know all this but I just had to get my love out there! The kids won't listen and my wife has her love for the classic sd and really don't like the combo tool opener

us Offline marlowe221

Re: Lost and found rambler
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 04:47:39 PM
 :iagree: The Rambler is probably my most carried SAK, so I get where you're coming from!

I pair it with some 91mm or 84mm kife, but the Rambler is a constant. If I lost mine I would be on Amazon buying a replacement within the hour.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 04:54:12 PM
While I dont carry a Rambler I understand completely.  Glad you found it. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 05:23:34 PM
I clipped mine to the dog leash handle as sometimes the dog picks up stuff in his fur or paws. Unfortunately somehow it got in clipped and now it’s lost.

I’m still kicking myself as I modded it with a pinhole in the scales and a Firefly Firesteel.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 05:25:08 PM
 :'(  I sure hope it finds its way back to you. 
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 06:29:12 PM
While I dont carry a Rambler I understand completely.  Glad you found it. 

Thanks!

:iagree: The Rambler is probably my most carried SAK, so I get where you're coming from!

I pair it with some 91mm or 84mm kife, but the Rambler is a constant. If I lost mine I would be on Amazon buying a replacement within the hour.

I usually do the same, but right now it's paired with a Leatherman rebar

I clipped mine to the dog leash handle as sometimes the dog picks up stuff in his fur or paws. Unfortunately somehow it got in clipped and now it’s lost.

I’m still kicking myself as I modded it with a pinhole in the scales and a Firefly Firesteel.

Sorry to about your loss! Good thing they still are in production I was seconds from ordering a new one when I decided to take one last look in the sofa

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 07:13:24 PM
Congrats on the find, I know all too well the feeling of losing a knife and joyfully finding it again.  :tu:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 07:51:35 PM
Thanks! I get mostly annoyed by my self, the same week I lost my trusty fisher space pen but I luckily found that later in the car

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 08:16:20 PM
I swapped out my red scaled Minichamp for a Rambler on my keychain.  Like Kottskrapa, my wife is devoted to her Classic.  A friend of mine has a Rambler on his keychain and I like the combo tool so I carry one now too. 
Barry

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 12:01:20 AM
I lost my trusty fisher space pen but I luckily found that later in the car

I’ve lost several of those over the years, never to be seen again.  Not terribly cheap to replace either, as pens go.  Glad yours turned up!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 01:25:31 AM
Exactly...2 gone in the last 6 months here  :facepalm:
Barry

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 03:16:16 PM
No fun at all! They are worth the price at least once but that often gets pricy fast!

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 05:18:45 PM
One alternative I tried for a while is less expensive pens with Fisher refills.  I carried a Parker Jotter for a time, but just didn’t find it as comfortable and convenient for pocket carry as the Fisher Bullet.

At this point, I pretty much just try to keep track of them, and accept the occasional loss and replacement as the cost of doing business.

Fortunately, Fisher has continued to produce my personal favorite, gold titanium nitride (now apparently called Solar Flare).  It’s elegant enough for a formal occasion, but durable enough for everyday use.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: December 08, 2022, 03:55:10 PM
Cool name. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 06:33:27 PM
I swapped out my red scaled Minichamp for a Rambler on my keychain.  Like Kottskrapa, my wife is devoted to her Classic.  A friend of mine has a Rambler on his keychain and I like the combo tool so I carry one now too. 

I like hearing of other wives using a Victorinox of some sort.  The Boss Lady could care less about knives outside of the kitchen.
I have to also say that the 58mm combo tool is awesome. When you reach my age a magnetic bit is a necessity being able to keep track of small screws.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: December 08, 2022, 08:01:08 PM
Victorinox makes some nice kitchen knives  :pok:.  We have a paring only cause I have several from my other life as a chef. 

Could you pop a classic on her keyring?  My daughter loves her The mountains are calling Classic ( gifted by folder beholder ).  Her friends liked it so much they too got classics.  While in college she was able to keep it discreet on her keys. 

My partner has a Coach Classic on her keys.  If I don't mind my tools she ends up with them  :D.  Fair enough since she's as big an enabler as y'all.

Hmm.  I bet your wife would love a Manager?  PM me and I'll send one your way to sneak on her keychain  :whistle:

It'll be preloved but it's got a lot of life in it.   
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 05:58:23 PM
I like hearing of other wives using a Victorinox of some sort.  The Boss Lady could care less about knives outside of the kitchen.
I have to also say that the 58mm combo tool is awesome. When you reach my age a magnetic bit is a necessity being able to keep track of small screws.

I do have to admit that she's not that much for Mt in general unless they are keychain size. Other than that she prefer dedicated tools and have as many if not more than I have, but she's a mechanic so it makes sense

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 06:13:28 PM
One alternative I tried for a while is less expensive pens with Fisher refills.  I carried a Parker Jotter for a time, but just didn’t find it as comfortable and convenient for pocket carry as the Fisher Bullet.

At this point, I pretty much just try to keep track of them, and accept the occasional loss and replacement as the cost of doing business.

Fortunately, Fisher has continued to produce my personal favorite, gold titanium nitride (now apparently called Solar Flare).  It’s elegant enough for a formal occasion, but durable enough for everyday use.

I’ve been rocking the Tombow Airpress. Cheaper than the Fisher. Maybe check it out. Not as slim though but lighter.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 06:13:45 PM
 :like: Its always nice to hear such things.  I had a client whose wife was a heck of a mechanic.  She worked on all their dirt bikes and quads.  Her profession was teacher. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: December 09, 2022, 06:14:35 PM
Thanks!

I usually do the same, but right now it's paired with a Leatherman rebar

Sorry to about your loss! Good thing they still are in production I was seconds from ordering a new one when I decided to take one last look in the sofa

Thanks! Doubt I’ll ever see it again. But I did use the heck out of it and I’m sure the new owner will too.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: December 10, 2022, 08:19:23 AM
:like: Its always nice to hear such things.  I had a client whose wife was a heck of a mechanic.  She worked on all their dirt bikes and quads.  Her profession was teacher.

Cool! The wife are a semitruck mechanic from the beginning but just started as a mechanic teacher and I have always had old cars and been forced to work on them so we do them up well when problems arrive for both ourselves and friends

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%