Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger modders in the house?

Offline TheBlueSpirit

• New User
Wenger modders in the house?
on: April 19, 2020, 10:47:08 PM
Hey All,
Brand new to this forum.  It was recommended while searching for SAK modders out there.  I recently managed to snag a new old stock wenger traveler.  I love this knife for the size and IMHO perfect toolset.  I was wondering if anybody here could point me in the direction of someone who could essentially do a titanium upgrade for me on this knife (ie titanium scales, liners, and screws instead of rivets).  Since I know I will likely have an even harder time getting this knife in the future I’d like to make this one maintainable for the longterm.  Any advice is much appreciated!!!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Wenger modders in the house?
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 01:51:52 AM
They have some peculiarities that make them harder modding than Vics are.  I did a few a couple years ago but haven't touched them since.   I don't have any parts scanned or programed for Wengers at all so it would be a ton of work to produce one offs unfortunately.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Offline TheBlueSpirit

• New User
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:56:00 AM
Thanks for the info.  I figured that might be the case since I noticed exclusively Vic modders for the most part.

00 Offline roamingcat

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 06:09:59 AM
Yeah, I am in a similar situation. I have a Wenger 4-layer Tradesman which I would like to slim down to a 3-layer Traveler by ripping out the little used pliers. I tried reaching out to Wenger modders before to seek some guidance before I attempt my first Wenger mod with little success. It seems there are plenty of experienced Vic modders out there but Wenger modders are scarce as hens teeth. I get the impression Wengers are harder to mod due to some pecularities but I am not exactly sure what they are specificly so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%