Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Computer Repair Screwdrivers?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Computer Repair Screwdrivers?
on: May 24, 2020, 12:03:37 AM
I am getting ready to redo an Acer Nitro 50-600 at has given me trouble with its power supply since Day 1; as well as overhaul an older Asus M32CD  to make it perform similarly to the purpose-built gaming Acer.   I am getting ready to order a few Wiha and/or Wera drivers in the sizes that I will need. 

I am wondering--should I just order screwdrivers in the same selection as my Victorinox Cybertool 34 has onboard, or are there any others? It looks like the drives may have to come out to get some cables in.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Re: Computer Repair Screwdrivers?
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:22:56 AM
I am getting ready to redo an Acer Nitro 50-600 at has given me trouble with its power supply since Day 1; as well as overhaul an older Asus M32CD  to make it perform similarly to the purpose-built gaming Acer.   I am getting ready to order a few Wiha and/or Wera drivers in the sizes that I will need. 

I am wondering--should I just order screwdrivers in the same selection as my Victorinox Cybertool 34 has onboard, or are there any others? It looks like the drives may have to come out to get some cables in.

There are certainly many others beyond the Cybertool. Typical sets of 4mm precision screwdriver bit usually have anywhere from 30 to 100 bits. The real question is which ones do you need? I usually get most things done with the usual suspects of flat, cross, hex, torx and safety torx. But if the manufacturers don't want just anyone to open what they assembled something more exotic might be needed? (Pentalobe, Torx Plus, Triangle, Square, 2 pin etc)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 12:31:04 AM
Ifixit. Best screwdrivers for tech ever

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:53:50 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99