Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

All things paddling 3128

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,113
Re: All things paddling
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2021, 12:09:43 AM »
Those are superb Boss.  :tu:  Ain't technology a marvel?  :D
:iagree:

I didn't realise that could be done on YouTube.
Was it really that dark or is that a limitation with the camera?

Have you seen Outback's 360° Camera thread?

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,113
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:58 AM »
Nothing spectacular but had my daughter out for a paddle earlier this year.  Inflatables are even easier with the addition of child labour.  :D
Good stuff.  :tu:
How was it for her kneeling?

No Life Club Posts: 4,968 Never forget Yourself in the wind of success!!
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2021, 11:48:53 AM »
I did some brief testing with a cheap 360 camera a couple of times I went out.  There's not much there, but it is kinda cool to be able to see all around!

Def

Awesome stuff!!  :2tu:

Wished there were kayaks made for wider folk in the 400# range. I know, lose weight, been trying to do that for years. Only way I lost weight was in the hospital, then gained it all back.  :'(

Some sort of portable water craft, but locally all we have are smelly rivers. Would have to drive a long ways to a lake. Least I have a recumbent trike. I like your 360 camera too.  :cheers:

¬ Outback in Idaho

Ran out of toilet paper, started using lettuce leaves. Today was just the tip of the iceberg, tomorrow romaines to be seen.
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »

It's a camera hardware (or firmware) issue. In order to post to various sites they only accept "raw" footage. Not sure if there is some software that is capable of using enhanced/colorized videos/photos and put them back into whatever makes sites see them at 360° videos or photos. If enhanced and posted it looks bad.

¬ Outback in Idaho

Ran out of toilet paper, started using lettuce leaves. Today was just the tip of the iceberg, tomorrow romaines to be seen.
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 33,365
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »
Good stuff.  :tu:
How was it for her kneeling?

She's fine with it.  IMO it is one of the limitations of the inflatable boats; even with a double ended paddle it can be tricky working over the gunwale from a low seat.  With a single paddle it's even harder.   

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,856 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2021, 01:43:19 AM »

Probably a limitation with the camera.

https://www.360fly.com/360fly-4k.html

It's an older camera, and it's slightly larger than a golf ball, with a single lense at the top.  Since it is pointed right up at the sky I imagine it takes in a lot of light and that washes everything else out?

Once I get into the tree cover it isn't quite as dark looking.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2021, 09:44:13 AM »
  Have you tried covering a smaller area of where it points directly up, or put a single sun glass lens portion over TDC?

If you had a bracket sticking out onside, mount it upside down?

¬ Outback in Idaho

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,856 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »
  Have you tried covering a smaller area of where it points directly up, or put a single sun glass lens portion over TDC?

If you had a bracket sticking out onside, mount it upside down?

I've thought of some kind of shade on top, but then it would be part of the video.

You can point the device in any direction- it doesn't have to be vertical, but remember that the camera is only filming in the direction it is pointed.  With the videos above, it can't see straight down.  If you point it forwards, it won't see what is directly behind you.

In my case, I wanted to be able to see Megan in the video, even when she wasn't directly in front of me, like I have to do with my GoPros.  She was always coming in and out of the shot, and whenever cool stuff like waves hit her boat, she was rarely on film.  With this camera, she can continue to go wherever she likes and I'll still have her in frame if something interesting happens.

There are somewhat better cameras on the market, but as you know, the price of this one was hard to argue with!  :D

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD
 3%