Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco Mule Team?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Spyderco Mule Team?
on: May 08, 2020, 05:37:46 PM
With the launch of the CPM-SPY27 steel Mule Team 28 on the horizon, I am definitely getting one, after seeing most being out of stock for years.  The specs seem to meet my needs quite well, being just over 7.5" long with a 3.5" blade. A 3mm thick blade is decently robust too.  While I typically don't like them, I may go with a paracord wrap, but see no problem with a skeletonized base knife. Don't really want to pay as much as the knife for the premade scales.  I am still torn between leather (for belt) and Boltaron (for anything else). I may just go with the official option leather (looks like a very high-quality sheath for $28); and then make my own Kydex sheath, set to fit a handleless knife and be capable of being clipped to a back pocket. The cost of Kydex and hardware, as well as the work required, isn't as much as leather.

Since Spyderco has done these in a huge medley of steels, I am wondering what everyone here's thoughts on the knife itself?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:43:04 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Spyderco Mule Team?
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 07:02:44 PM
I have lots of them. They are fun knives for steel junkies to play with.    :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 03:47:27 AM
I wish I would have bought some.  The knives are really pretty nice and the steels they've come out with are a nice wide range.  I've only seen them online in video.  They go quick.  Good luck  :tu: 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 01:44:55 AM
I’m pretty sure their Bolton sheath is made to fit their scales. Just something to keep in mind.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%