Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A tool enthusiasts night stand.

Aloha · 52 · 2543

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: A tool enthusiasts night stand.
Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 01:58:27 PM
Thanks to you enablers, just in the last few months my collection has grown. Started out with a Super Tinker and a PST II. I now have 8 Leatherman tools and 6 Swiss Army Knives just in the last 5 months! So I bought at a flea market an old metal box with clear plastic drawers - the kind used to organize nuts and bolts and various electrical components. Room enough in there for 16 LM's and SAK' s in individual drawers or some doubles. The box sits on a shelf in my wardrobe.

But some will linger on my nightstand.

Now I can go to it every morning and decide what to carry, like Batman picking out his equipment for a particular mission - or a radio DJ  making some musical selections for the program. Or a librarian choosing the best reading for the book of the month...Or...or like a guy with a tool addiction

Sounds like you are off to a good start   :D

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 10:51:39 PM
When I started, everything had a place and everything in its' place. Now, most of the furniture is covered with MTs, knives, lights and tools. I keep promising to get it all sorted, but that will likely happen after I appear on the hoarders TV show.

J/K about hoarders, but I need to get a system in place before I go nuts. Bought a small cabinet last week and will post pics when it is organized. It should be big enough for the Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, and Victorinox stuff. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:22 PM
I still have several tools and lights on 3 tables.  Wait make that 4 tables  :whistle:.  Meanwhile my 84mm Tinker and Squirt P4 remain in their sheath always ready to go.  Most of what I have sitting on the tables are fiddle factor.  I'm currently looking at 10 lights, 8 SAKs, 10 MTs, 3 fixed blades, LM Tread, several Eneloops, a couple pry bars, and thats just a rough count.   

Not much has really changed even tho I minimized my carry.  I just like having it out in the open. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 11:03:10 PM
I still have several tools and lights on 3 tables.  Wait make that 4 tables  :whistle:.  Meanwhile my 84mm Tinker and Squirt P4 remain in their sheath always ready to go.  Most of what I have sitting on the tables are fiddle factor.  I'm currently looking at 10 lights, 8 SAKs, 10 MTs, 3 fixed blades, LM Tread, several Eneloops, a couple pry bars, and thats just a rough count.   

Not much has really changed even tho I minimized my carry.  I just like having it out in the open.
I know what you mean! I keep a box of 20+ MTs on the end of the sofa. :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:22 AM
My secret bedroom drawer of SAKs (and a few other knives). It's a shallow drawer obviously designed for hiding jewelry that you have to open the main drawer first, then you can slide this out over the top.
secret drawer of SAKs.jpg
* secret drawer of SAKs.jpg (Filesize: 170.93 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 06:46:02 AM
Now thats pretty nice.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: March 02, 2020, 04:30:50 PM
Washing bedding and doing some dusting today.  Thought I'd be fun to put contents of my computer table and night stand on the bed.  My Olight and Zebralight are charging in the kitchen so they are absent. 
IMG_0355.jpg
* IMG_0355.jpg (Filesize: 148.2 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: March 02, 2020, 04:39:49 PM
 :like: :tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #38 on: March 02, 2020, 05:07:53 PM
:2tu:

You seem to have organised them there, so is that three plier multitool pouches, two knife pouches, and a clump of Swiss knife pouches?

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: March 02, 2020, 05:10:56 PM
I have a designated drawer for my knives, an old Cutlery storage case for my my Multitools and the Barlows get their own cigar box   ;)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: March 02, 2020, 05:18:25 PM
I have a designated drawer for my knives, an old Cutlery storage case for my my Multitools and the Barlows get their own cigar box   ;)

:o A veritable sea of trads. You've been busy :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: March 02, 2020, 05:36:36 PM
:2tu:

You seem to have organised them there, so is that three plier multitool pouches, two knife pouches, and a clump of Swiss knife pouches?

I tried to dump them into proper piles.  The Skinths ( black and green pouches ) contain Explores and AAA lights.  The black one is a little larger so I've added a mini sharpie and a small length of paracord.  I also added a Squirt to the green one and Style PS to the black one. 

The black leather sheath contains my Charge Ti.  The leather sheaths nearby are Swisstool, Ranger, 84mm Salesman + AA Light, Trad Buck Creek, Trad Camillus 64, Wenger S something ( Eddie Bauer ), Pocket Tool Chest + Fenix AAA. 

The loose SAKs are ones I like but do not have scissors ( except the 58mm and Wenger Esquire ).  They are in constant limbo.  84mm Tinker, Bantam, 2 Wengers, Cadet 2, Wenger Cyclist, Minichamp, Manager, Wenger Esquire SS.

The folders I carry from time to time so I keep them out.  Spyderco Delica, Native, Dragonfly and BM MiniGriptillion. 

The CRKY Toothpick is fun and honestly I dont carry it as much as I want to.  The Sod Buster is in the same scenario. 

The Trad on the Kahala notebook is my go to for off day carry.  In the sheath with it are a mini Bic and Squirt. 

I carry all the fixed blades at some point or another with the Esee ( green one ) most followed by the BM Contigo large one in plastic sheath.  The Old Timer is a new one for me but its been really fun.  I also carry the HEST a lot for work.       
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: March 02, 2020, 05:50:48 PM
I tried to dump them into proper piles.  The Skinths ( black and green pouches ) contain Explores and AAA lights.  The black one is a little larger so I've added a mini sharpie and a small length of paracord.  I also added a Squirt to the green one and Style PS to the black one. 

The black leather sheath contains my Charge Ti.  The leather sheaths nearby are Swisstool, Ranger, 84mm Salesman + AA Light, Trad Buck Creek, Trad Camillus 64, Wenger S something ( Eddie Bauer ), Pocket Tool Chest + Fenix AAA. 

The loose SAKs are ones I like but do not have scissors ( except the 58mm and Wenger Esquire ).  They are in constant limbo.  84mm Tinker, Bantam, 2 Wengers, Cadet 2, Wenger Cyclist, Minichamp, Manager, Wenger Esquire SS.

The folders I carry from time to time so I keep them out.  Spyderco Delica, Native, Dragonfly and BM MiniGriptillion. 

The CRKY Toothpick is fun and honestly I dont carry it as much as I want to.  The Sod Buster is in the same scenario. 

The Trad on the Kahala notebook is my go to for off day carry.  In the sheath with it are a mini Bic and Squirt. 

I carry all the fixed blades at some point or another with the Esee ( green one ) most followed by the BM Contigo large one in plastic sheath.  The Old Timer is a new one for me but its been really fun.  I also carry the HEST a lot for work.     

Cool! Always good to see prebuilt combos ready to go  :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: March 02, 2020, 07:02:57 PM
Yes.  It makes deciding very easy.  Then I add if the mood strikes or supplement as needed, if needed. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 12:58:21 AM
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!  IT"S A MESS!!! 

This is the top of a bookcase near the entrance of my room.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #45 on: March 08, 2020, 12:42:05 AM
Reminds me of my dresser top!  I'll get a pic of my happy mess and post it.
Barry

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 09:52:36 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHEERS

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 10:04:56 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #48 on: May 09, 2020, 12:07:59 AM
Me too!!
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: May 09, 2020, 03:35:52 AM
 :drool: Thats a whole lotta good stuff there.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 03:26:38 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice !

CHEERS

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #51 on: May 15, 2020, 03:28:38 AM
Washing bedding and doing some dusting today.  Thought I'd be fun to put contents of my computer table and night stand on the bed.  My Olight and Zebralight are charging in the kitchen so they are absent.
wish I had that many pocket slips

CHEERS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56