Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why I don't like backside tools.

cbl51 · 33 · 1517

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Re: Why I don't like backside tools.
Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 03:31:42 PM
Just looking through some of my SAK's and I'll agree with this for one backside tool I never use, because I know the tip will just bend with hardly any force applied and that's the fine screwdriver.   I've used and will continue to use all the other backside tools on my SAKs going forward except for this particular one simply because it is far too weak.
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Steelej1976

Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 03:05:50 AM
I've used my 25+ year old Tinker for all sorts of things, but it doesn't replace full size tools, and has served me well. Everyone has their own personal ways of using their knives.

Rich

:iagree:

I love my SuperTinker.  I like the backside Phillips, I use it for recessed electronics screws.  I know the Explorer has the inline but I don't want to carry anything bigger then a 3 layer.  Between the Can opener and the backside Phillips I can handle 90% of all the screws I encounter.  The scissors is the similar as some don't like the spring on the Victorinox and prefer the Wenger bar lever type.  I like Victorinox because if it breaks I can replace it but if the Wegner type breaks you can't fix it easily. 

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 05:11:09 AM
So you're saying:

~Fx = F + (Px - P)

Makes sense to me!
:tu:

We're going to have to get one... Won't we?
Oh, I'll probably have to get several... :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD