Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice-Skeletool hybrids 286

Newbie Posts: 47
Juice-Skeletool hybrids
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:50:28 PM »
Taking inspiration from sam Lim's mods described here, I made a few (well, two actually) Juice/Skeletool hybrids some time ago.
The first one is a bare bones office tool: scissors from a workpro multitool and a blade.
Re: Juice-Skeletool hybrids
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »
The second is more complete (based on a XE6 with both knives removed). You'll notice that I kept the color scales on one side only, that's because I think the Skeletool goes better with the bare metal (and alos because I never managed to save all four scales when disassembling a Juice). They are held together with M3 screws, and the long implements open opposite the pliers (personal preference).
No Life Club Posts: 2,149
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:27:38 PM »
 :like: Nicely executed. Any issue that you face when adding the skeletool layer?
No Life Club Posts: 1,495
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
 :like:

I'd pay good money for those.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 12:10:32 PM »
Any issue that you face when adding the skeletool layer?
Well, as many of you know, the Skeletool uses two different pivot sizes, one for the blade and one for the frame+pliers, and the Juice uses a third size. To add the Skeletool blade on the same pivot as Juice tools, a bushing is required. I cut a part of a 7/32" pivot, which just slides over the M3 screw, and I ground one extremity to a conical shape, so that it fits in the smaller hole of the Skeletool frame. This keeps the blade centered, which is necessary for the liner lock to work. This was the main complication, apart from that, the hardest part was disassembling the Juice (and putting those Juice springs back without sending them flying across the room).
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,677
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
 :2tu: Well done. 

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 2,149
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
 :iagree: once you get used to the springs, they will be rather easy.. Some stray ones are unavoidable of course...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86
Below Goal: $243.14
Site Currency: USD
19%