Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Trekker - Camo Badge Request

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Victorinox Trekker - Camo Badge Request
on: May 16, 2020, 10:16:48 PM
When I got this Victorinox Trekker, it was really in a  moment of the feeling of "take it or leave it".   I had been looking for black scales, as I liked the look better, and the possibility of not being able to locate the camo version on the forest floor is too much to bear.

I had been looking for a One Hand Trekker, nonserrated, for quite some time.  I wasn't sure that I was going to get all that much use out of it, to be honest.  I have an old Camillus lockback that serves all my lockback needs on the trail and in camp.  It's tried and true, and if I'm honest, using it takes me back to simpler times like none of my SAKs do.  I even remember stirring my morning coffee with that blade, watching the sunrise over the hills in the woods.  Why would I do such a thing, you ask?  Because that's what we did in those days.  But the OHT is somewhat of a legend in the outdoor community.  Even people that don't like SAKs will stand behind the OHT for outdoor uses.  The size, features, and tools are also vetted by several military units.  So, before it became a legend by all accounts, I set out for a black OHT-NS.

I got this camo Vic OHT anyway when I found it, and I made quick work of many a length of firewood in the first few months of having it.  I wasn't too keen on the blade itself, as it was too cumbersome for me.    I do quite like the indestructible screwdriver - I don't really need something so sturdy. but as they say ... it's nice to have. 

But times change... they say that too... don't they?   Now that the world is plunged in this time of uncertainty, and outdoor adventures are only a thing to look forward too... my OHT has found new meaning.

Victorinox One Hand Trekker.... with its minimal Tinker/Hiker based toolset that's modified for maximum capacity... with camo scales, It could be used in town but that's not where it shines.  Even though it is camouflaged, it stands out in the woods. 

It belongs in the woods. 
So do I,
rsz_img_3203.jpg
* rsz_img_3203.jpg (Filesize: 123.53 KB)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:41:13 PM by ElevenBlade »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Victorinox Trekker - Camo Badge Request
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:29:19 PM
Nice one EB :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline 39hotrod

• No Life Club
Re: Victorinox Trekker - Camo Badge Request
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 03:26:44 PM
 :iagree: :cheers: