Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wow - I did not realise Swiza had so many tools these days

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Hey Knights,

I picked up a Swiza catalogue recently and was surprised at how many tools they now have.

As I am sure we all remember they stared with just the one/two layers with Spartan like tools
But now there are scissors; saw; OHO, gardening and serrated blades; horse comb and hoof picker; the infamous tick tool etc etc

I have created a new Swiza page in the Wiki  and have uploaded the full catalogue there.
Anyone fancy fleshing out the page? 

https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Swiza+Swiss+Knives
Swiza Tools 2020.JPG
* Swiza Tools 2020.JPG (Filesize: 57.34 KB)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:02:11 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Nor did I...wow!!
Barry

nz Offline Storm

They have been busy haven't they ! More variety is always a good thing
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Earlier today, I pulled the tweezers out on the D04 I keep in my desk to pull out a metal sliver from fixing a broken tip on an old ham slicer I found.

I will eventually try those long scissors and the tick tool magnifier.  Hoof pick too. The Hoof Tool is a smaller knife than either the Case Equestrian Trapper; or Victorinox Equestrian. And the hoof pick is longer than on the SAK version.

While I used to criticize Swiza a lot, they have that constant innovation that Wenger always had (provided, ex-Wenger R&D is who's making these knives) The frame is a bit more ergonomic, and the tools are completely swapped (which I do like, being left-handed). But, they have their quirks, both good and bad. The Phillips won't fit a #2 Phillips screw as well as the SAK version; despite being for #1-3.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:26:29 AM by cody6268 »

gb Offline fred2892

Fork tool for wristlet? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
^^^ I believe it is for removing the small bar on a watch that holds on the strap

Vic did a similar tool on a variation of the Classic that was issued with one of the INOX watches.

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
That straight blade looks interesting. I'm a huge fan of sheepsfoot/wharnclif blades.

I want a Comb/Butterknife/Ticktool/MiniBottleopener knife with a corkscrew. Just because.

Swiza is in an interesting place; the opener tools are a bit too thin imo but the blade is nice and the awl is decent.

I just wish the scales were more durable, the soft rubber just makes me think I will damage it easily so I never carry the two I have.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
I'm somewhat curious about the straight blade with OHO and the small bottle opener. Too bad this last one doesn't have a wire bender, too.

:think: 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
I have a Swiza  D04 with Phillips. Good steel, with old hands, I like the thru blade nail pull. However it will never replace my beloved Tinker.
Rich
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:40:15 PM by Rich S »
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99