Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Memorial Day Grill Upgrade

us Offline 43north89west

• Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
Memorial Day Grill Upgrade
on: May 26, 2020, 05:49:28 PM

As the fates would have it, I had prepped a pork shoulder for the pellet smoker the day before Memorial Day and the $%*#er crapped out on me after about 10 minutes of preheating. DOA, no signs of life :pok: :rant: . So what do you do when life gives you a dead grill on one of the biggest grilling days of the year? You build a bigger #$%@ing grill, I guess! Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet/Gas combo. Assembled entirely by my trusty Charge TTI! Grilled some steaks, burgers and veggies on the gas side for the holiday and pulled a smoked pork shoulder off the pellet side 14 hours later. :woohoo:

Outdoor cooking badge-worthy?

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Memorial Day Grill Upgrade
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:23:17 PM
I've never used a pellet grill but that thing looks impressive.  How did it all turn out?

us Offline 43north89west

• Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 04:04:21 PM
I've never used a pellet grill but that thing looks impressive.  How did it all turn out?

Turned out great! We got a pellet grill as a wedding gift from my parents about 7 years ago and I've loved using it. Smoked a lot of pork shoulders, ribs, Thanksgiving turkeys, chicken wings, brats, etc. You can do steaks and burgers, too, you just don't get the touch of flame like you would with gas. Funnily enough, a few days before our original pellet grill died, my wife talked about wishing we had a gas grill for exactly that reason. Come to think of it, maybe she was behind the grills demise...(little did she know, I'd use the opportunity to upgrade to a more elaborate model  :rofl: )

Liking this Cuisinart Twin Oaks so far. Lot's of higher-end finishes compared to my old grill - Bluetooth and dual probes for temperature monitoring, easy ash removal for the pellet waste, integrated lights under both grill lids, a nice heavy duty cast iron griddle included. Hopefully it holds up! :tu:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:08 AM
Nice. :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 04:54:16 PM
Holy crap,  :drool:  I’m still getting used to the simple large round Weber charcoal one, I grew up using a gas one but one day at a party I had two of the same burgers one on a gas and one on a charcoal, and that coal one had so much more flavor, so I wanted to switch, ended up having to sell my $600 gas setup because of moving and bought the grill, coal, some hickory blocks, the chimney, all to give it a try, needless to say I still suck on it.. :-\
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%