Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Roxon MBT3 Multi BBQ Tool and badge request

us Offline 43north89west

• Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
Roxon MBT3 Multi BBQ Tool and badge request
on: June 15, 2020, 07:00:42 PM
Not sure if anyone else has seen or tried this, but it was too tempting to pass up from a gadget factor perspective when I stumbled across it looking for a set of grilling utensil for my camping setup. Behold the Roxon MBT3 6-in-1 Multi BBQ Tool!

There were numerous seemingly identical off-brand versions floating around Amazon but then I stumbled across this Roxon version which was both the only brand I had heard of based on seeing some of their interesting large scissor based budget tools on here and also the cheapest of the lot at $19.99. It's a heavy, well built looking little gadget and comes with a decent little nylon pouch for storage (it has a belt loop on the back but both the size and weight of the tool would make belt carry pretty comical).

The tool basically consists of 3 pieces:

A central base unit with a decent 13cm/5.1" back lock knife (came sharp enough to shave a few arm hairs impressively) with a fold-out corkscrew/bottle opener at the opposite end.

2 "scales" that clip/slide off that fold out into a spatula and grilling fork respectively. These two tools can clip together at the bottom with key-holes/pegs and combine into a pretty decent set of tongs with a solid springiness.

In a few grilling sessions since I've been pleasantly surprised by the build quality and utility of the tools. Of course none of them are as robust as dedicated grilling tools would be, but as with any multi-tool, the convenience, portability and utility are what you're looking for here. The long-term durability remains to be seen, but I would recommend it so far if yo're looking for a portable grilling utensil set for camping/picnicking with a little extra gadget factor that I think we all appreciate. :multi: 

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Roxon MBT3 Multi BBQ Tool and badge request
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:08:14 PM
Thanks for the review   :tu: :salute: :hatsoff: - there is all sorts of potentially useful (or at least interesting in a gadget sense) if you keep yoyr eyes open.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%