Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Farmer X Double Secret Adventure Society 4973

Hero Member Posts: 874
Re: The Farmer X Double Secret Adventure Society
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »
Parasaurolophus walkeri in glorious Paper-O-Vision!

(Image removed from quote.)
So majestic!

It's a lot easier to get the forelegs and crest right with tiny scissors.
Brilliant  :tu: :like:

They don't like it up 'em!
Hero Member Posts: 640 Queen's Venturer
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2020, 09:54:57 AM »
Brilliant  :tu: :like:
I learned to fold a few dinosaurs because I would fidget with those paper napkin rings in restaurants. I like making them very small, because it's harder. Somewhere I have a picture of a Giraffatitan I managed to get in at about a centimetre tall. As I've mentioned, small, pointy scissors (like on a SAK, or a Leatherman Wave) make little ones like that much easier.

In more current matters, today the can opener's screwdriver tip helped properly install a window screen that had been set, but never actually screwed into place. It used #2 Robertsons. My laptop may be an old piece of junk, but it deserves better than the myriad of miscellaneous tree bits that were blowing in and settling in the keyboard all morning.
27.21 kB | 400x300
Hero Member Posts: 782
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
Nice work!! :like: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 1,737
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »
First a photo! Then I’ll catch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2020, 12:10:01 AM »
First a photo! Then I’ll catch up!
In the meantime, my phone camera is garbage from Trash Town, but here is my Farmer X, helping with my HDD replacement. The drive in the bottom was in the top, but has been replaced by the one I disassembled the other day. It's in there now to finish transferring all my Steam and Blizzard games to the new SSD.
73.57 kB | 300x400
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2020, 12:56:15 AM »
In the meantime, my phone camera is garbage from Trash Town, but here is my Farmer X, helping with my HDD replacement. The drive in the bottom was in the top, but has been replaced by the one I disassembled the other day. It's in there now to finish transferring all my Steam and Blizzard games to the new SSD.
I must ask Jothra, is your avatar Calvin's father flying off the front of a bicycle?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:03:43 AM by BClogic »

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2020, 01:54:41 AM »
I must ask Jothra, is your avatar Calvin's father flying off the front of a bicycle?
That's a good guess, but no. It's me flying off the front of a bicycle. I drew it after I...well...flew off the front of a bicycle.

The only long-term casualty was those shorts. It's too bad; those were comfy shorts.
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2020, 02:08:58 AM »
That's a good guess, but no. It's me flying off the front of a bicycle. I drew it after I...well...flew off the front of a bicycle.

The only long-term casualty was those shorts. It's too bad; those were comfy shorts.
Sorry about your short pants, It's very well drawn though!

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2020, 02:10:40 AM »
Sorry about your short pants, It's very well drawn though!
Thanks! It's something I need to spend more time doing.
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2020, 02:12:22 AM »
:cheers:

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
Something caused my phone to overheat to the point that it kept blaring a "Heat Dissipating Mode" message. Because it's a plastic-backed cheapamagoober, I could take it all apart to let the parts cool off faster.

I used the Farmer X's awl as a pokey to help pop out the battery, which was almost too hot to touch.

About 10 minutes later, it's all back to normal. I suspect the charging cable. Edit: by which I mean the power brick.
Full Member Posts: 193

Tet ca

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 05:05:14 AM »
I learned to fold a few dinosaurs because I would fidget with those paper napkin rings in restaurants. I like making them very small, because it's harder. Somewhere I have a picture of a Giraffatitan I managed to get in at about a centimetre tall. As I've mentioned, small, pointy scissors (like on a SAK, or a Leatherman Wave) make little ones like that much easier.

In more current matters, today the can opener's screwdriver tip helped properly install a window screen that had been set, but never actually screwed into place. It used #2 Robertsons. My laptop may be an old piece of junk, but it deserves better than the myriad of miscellaneous tree bits that were blowing in and settling in the keyboard all morning.

Love these dinosaurs!  They remind me of a commercial from the 90's (Little Caesars maybe?), "it's a pterodactyl!"

I've been very impatiently awaiting the blue release, ordered mine today!!!
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2020, 05:03:17 AM »
Alas, it is with mixed feelings I must resign my position in the FXDSAS. My FX was sold off to new ownership who found its tool set more adapted for their EDC. On the other hand, the Alox Electrician once toted by said individual found a new home with their inamorata who found IT'S toolset more to her EDC. Both SAK's originally owned by me  :think: It feels good creating SAK owners :tu:. I see there are different colors available on the inter webs and perhaps someday I will be accepted back among the ranks of the FXDSAS. Carry on everyone :salute: :cheers:

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
Today I opened the saw so I could use it as an extender to reach a ratchet strap that got hung up on top of a truckload of garbage. If it works for monkeys, it can work for me!
Hero Member Posts: 879
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:49 PM »
my blue Farmer X from Messerundco showed up today, obviously our missions are classified, but something I've wanted for a long time. Maybe the blue is a little bright, it will look good when it is worn down a bit. Here it is next to a pioneer x mod.

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,260 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2020, 06:19:32 PM »

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
(...)

It was also a good excuse to get some of them out (Image removed from quote.) (leaving the double entendre there for you know who  (Image removed from quote.) )

(...)

Seems Reinier doesn't know about this thread, so...

:D :D :D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Hero Member Posts: 816
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2020, 02:03:13 PM »
my blue Farmer X from Messerundco showed up today, obviously our missions are classified, but something I've wanted for a long time. Maybe the blue is a little bright, it will look good when it is worn down a bit. Here it is next to a pioneer x mod.

:like: :cheers: :drool:

All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..
No Life Club Posts: 1,353
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »
@HolyDeuce and I did a mini group buy from Schweizermesser Shop waaay back in May, and these two lovely green Farmer X's just arrived.  I don't normally like shop logos on my scales or blades, but Schweizermesser does a good job and their logo is very subtle. 

Happy to finally be in the Double Secret Adventure Society!

Myron

Hero Member Posts: 782
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2020, 03:38:42 PM »
That green does look nice, Myron! :like: :like:
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,730 SAK Surgeon
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »
There are quite a few people wanting Ti builds of these now, I've done two so far. Good outdoors knife. 

Funny thing to me is that on the 91mm builds barely anyone ever wanted a wood saw unless it was just part of a big bulid like a Swiss champ.   

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard
No Life Club Posts: 1,540
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2020, 07:22:20 PM »
There are quite a few people wanting Ti builds of these now, I've done two so far. Good outdoors knife. 

Funny thing to me is that on the 91mm builds barely anyone ever wanted a wood saw unless it was just part of a big bulid like a Swiss champ.

That is odd... isnt it?  Especially since the saw is the same on the 91 and 93mm models.
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2020, 04:02:52 AM »
@HolyDeuce and I did a mini group buy from Schweizermesser Shop waaay back in May, and these two lovely green Farmer X's just arrived.  I don't normally like shop logos on my scales or blades, but Schweizermesser does a good job and their logo is very subtle. 

Happy to finally be in the Double Secret Adventure Society!

Myron

Gorgeous Myron! Love that green. I mean Grün!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Posts: 19
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
My silver Farmer X arrived yesterday and while I love the Green and Blue versions more, I was happy to get silver because I've never held an alox SAK let alone seen one in person.  I think jumping into the alox world with a Farmer X is a bit of sensory overload. I just can't believe how nice these things are.  I was worried once I tried alox that I'd start to dislike cellidor and who knows, that might still happen but I definitely feel a strong appreciation for both. 
Hero Member Posts: 874
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2020, 09:41:03 PM »
My silver Farmer X arrived yesterday and while I love the Green and Blue versions more, I was happy to get silver because I've never held an alox SAK let alone seen one in person.  I think jumping into the alox world with a Farmer X is a bit of sensory overload. I just can't believe how nice these things are.  I was worried once I tried alox that I'd start to dislike cellidor and who knows, that might still happen but I definitely feel a strong appreciation for both.

:like:  They are wonderful things  :tu:

They don't like it up 'em!
No Life Club Posts: 1,058
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2020, 10:01:02 AM »

I understand that perfectly  :salute:

Before i got "bitten by the Pox", i was a firm and die hard red cellidor lover, and now... even if i still like the cellidor models they just pale in comparison ....  My beloved Climber feels bulky compared to my PX with most of the same tool-set. The hollow-ness on the newer cellidor scales (as opposed to the old solid ones) compared to Alox just feels... cheep...  :facepalm:  ... and fragile.

In some weird way it feels like i've... "graduated"

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")
No Life Club Posts: 1,501
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2020, 06:12:52 AM »

:rofl:

:cheers:
No Life Club Posts: 4,653
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2020, 04:33:59 AM »
I understand that perfectly  :salute:

Before i got "bitten by the Pox", i was a firm and die hard red cellidor lover, and now... even if i still like the cellidor models they just pale in comparison ....  My beloved Climber feels bulky compared to my PX with most of the same tool-set. The hollow-ness on the newer cellidor scales (as opposed to the old solid ones) compared to Alox just feels... cheep...  :facepalm:  ... and fragile.

I know what you mean, the same happened to me. I am now a firm believer in Alox. Haven’t even picked up a cellidor in a while   :facepalm:

Welcome to the Alox universe  :cheers:
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
I know what you mean, the same happened to me. I am now a firm believer in Alox. Haven’t even picked up a cellidor in a while   :facepalm:

Welcome to the Alox universe  :cheers:

Well, I think it'll be awhile before you get another celidor scaled SAK. There's alox of different models to chose from...

:whistle:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $272.00
PayPal Fees: $14.75
Net Balance: $257.25
Below Goal: $42.75
Site Currency: USD