Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

30 Day Off-Brand Challenge

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Re: 30 Day Off-Brand Challenge
Reply #150 on: June 30, 2020, 09:28:58 AM
:like:
And there you have it. Not only did the Roxon Storm survive, it passed with flying colors. Everything on it works, and some tools are pretty amazing. The scissors always steal the show, and they got a ton of use. A tiny bit of hassle to open one handle to then get the scissors, compared to the Outu or Flagship tools, but still ok.
The Phillips is another great tool on this. Robust, locking, and it takes the bit kit. Awesome. A little short, but with the bit kit adapter, still excellent.
I also like the little blade. The tanto shape has grown on me even further.
Can opener, bottle opener, cord cutter, everything works. They even put a nice file in there. And I used everything, except the ruler and straight edge, and the flathead on the file. Even the corkscrew and glass breaker got some use. Pretty good.

I liked it already, before all the updates, but now I like it even more. I got used to the weight and stopped thinking "oh this is heavy" every time I picked  it up. Sure, it is a little heavy, tool and bit kit in the sheath, but I am ok with it.
Sure, the ergonomics are not superb, but I never felt too much discomfort. And build quality is rather high. Everything is still nice and tight, tools pivot smoothly and snap in place like the day I bought it. Nothing developed play, nothing deformed. Still going strong.

In conclusion, I would recommend this. The tool set covers many bases, it is made well, and it looks good. :cheers:

Thanks for coming along for the ride, everyone! I've had so much fun using this for a month. :salute:

Congrats on completing it! I'm not sure I could do 30 days of the same tool personally but you did admirably and sold me on the build quality and useability of a tool and brand I'd never even heard of before this thread!

There's however two questions burning in the forum's mind:

1) What will be the first thing you carry as a free man?

2) How drunk do you need to get to commit to a Nextool Mini Flagship 30 day challenge, regardless how many pieces the tool breaks into  :ahhh
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #151 on: June 30, 2020, 09:41:38 AM
Congrats on completing it! I'm not sure I could do 30 days of the same tool personally but you did admirably and sold me on the build quality and useability of a tool and brand I'd never even heard of before this thread!

There's however two questions burning in the forum's mind:

1) What will be the first thing you carry as a free man?

2) How drunk do you need to get to commit to a Nextool Mini Flagship 30 day challenge, regardless how many pieces the tool breaks into  :ahhh

Thanks! I loved it! :cheers:

I'll go back to the Deluxe Tinker and Rebar, with other stuff sprinkled in.

Well, my first broke, and the second's scissors are paper crimpers, so no joy there. I would not mind giving it a go if the tool was decent quality, since the design is actually nice.

I am thinking of trying to repair the first one. Some epoxy and a piece of wiper blade insert, and the scissors will cut again.

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #152 on: June 30, 2020, 12:12:26 PM
Great challenge! Congrats :cheers:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #153 on: June 30, 2020, 06:26:04 PM
Thanks! :cheers:

Also, yay! I got my shiny Off-Brand Badge! :salute:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #154 on: June 30, 2020, 06:34:53 PM
 :cheers:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: July 01, 2020, 05:12:19 AM
Congrats on your shiny new badge, RP, and thank you for an interesting and comprehensive review on an unusual-brand-tool!  :tu: :cheers:

So, what's next for the ReamerPunch Testing Labs!?!? :think: :popcorn:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #156 on: July 01, 2020, 07:41:21 AM
 :cheers:

Next would have been the NexTool Mini Flagship, but I am not sure I'll review it.
I'll review the Bibury 21 in 1 instead.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #157 on: July 01, 2020, 08:53:47 PM
 :tu: :popcorn: :popcorn:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

Donations

Operational Funds