Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Olight i3EOS clip mod.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Olight i3EOS clip mod.
on: May 31, 2020, 02:41:41 AM
In a box of junk, I found a little pen precision screwdriver missing the cap and bits. Definitely junk, as I have a bunch of them around here, and this one was quite cheap.  But, I noticed the pocket clip, which not only was removable, but seemed to have a size that matched a lot of AAA flashlights.   Since I'd misplaced my Mini-Mag  2XAAA and Solitaire, I decided to try it on my standard i3EOS. Worked pretty well. I had to bent out the clip a little bit to snap on to the flashlight barrel, and then I lightly bent it back into round using a tack hammer and tapping VERY lightly.  A mod that costs me nothing, didn't take much work or modification, and increases the utility of my light, by allowing me to clip it to a pocket, instead of laying loose. The steel isn't as springy as I like, but provided, it was a three-dollar bargain bin screwdriver from Advance Auto Parts I happened to notice when buying some spark plugs for a lawnmower last year. Due to the missing bits and cap, it probably would've gotten chucked otherweise.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: Olight i3EOS clip mod.
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 04:51:01 AM
Nice job, and I think it will also prevent it from rolling when placed on flat surfaces!  :tu:

us Offline King_Gorilla

Re: Olight i3EOS clip mod.
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 06:46:01 AM
 :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68