Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Soldier 30 Day Challenge

Rapidray · 1656 · 28869

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Re: Soldier 30 Day Challenge
Reply #1650 on: June 03, 2020, 03:22:43 AM
Day 33
Look who finally received a sharpening and stropping, warm soapy bath and a treatment of olive oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Reply #1651 on: June 03, 2020, 05:23:03 AM
Thanks...
I really did enjoy this challenge...  While I did have my BYSAK, it was in pristine condition and one of the harder to come by VSSR1 1975 models... so that one is a collectible shelf queen, but I still wanted a BYSAK to EDC.   I managed to get my hands on this one that just showed up today and needed some work.  You can see it had been probably had the tip bent and reprofiled but the point is still in that lovely spot to give you a surprise when you reach into your pocket so I mark what needed taken off with a Sharpie and went to work on it.  (The ends were also smashed a bit flat which interfered with tool opening as well)  The awl was bent, none of the tools opened freely and the springs had a good deal of surface corrosion down inside.  A little bit of elbow grease and a few baths in the ultrasonic cleaner, a new profile on the blade and this will now be traveling with me to work from day to day.  This one is the same as my other VSSR1 except the W-K is upside down compared to that one.  It's sharp enough to shave a gnat's backside and all the tools are straight and have great snap now.  Truly stoked about how this turned out as I was apprehensive after pulling it out of the package today.    :woohoo:

75VSSR1SoldierA.jpg
* 75VSSR1SoldierA.jpg (Filesize: 243.45 KB)
75VSSR1SoldierB.jpg
* 75VSSR1SoldierB.jpg (Filesize: 182.37 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1652 on: June 03, 2020, 06:38:15 AM
I've been switching out between my 96 and my Swisschamp :D. I really do love the Soldiers!  I'm also going to carry one of my Opinels... it's been way too long!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 07:01:34 AM by Barry Rowland »
Barry

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1653 on: June 03, 2020, 08:25:33 AM
Day 33
Look who finally received a sharpening and stropping, warm soapy bath and a treatment of olive oil
(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rant:  Looking great again BC  :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1654 on: June 03, 2020, 08:26:26 AM
Thanks...
I really did enjoy this challenge...  While I did have my BYSAK, it was in pristine condition and one of the harder to come by VSSR1 1975 models... so that one is a collectible shelf queen, but I still wanted a BYSAK to EDC.   I managed to get my hands on this one that just showed up today and needed some work.  You can see it had been probably had the tip bent and reprofiled but the point is still in that lovely spot to give you a surprise when you reach into your pocket so I mark what needed taken off with a Sharpie and went to work on it.  (The ends were also smashed a bit flat which interfered with tool opening as well)  The awl was bent, none of the tools opened freely and the springs had a good deal of surface corrosion down inside.  A little bit of elbow grease and a few baths in the ultrasonic cleaner, a new profile on the blade and this will now be traveling with me to work from day to day.  This one is the same as my other VSSR1 except the W-K is upside down compared to that one.  It's sharp enough to shave a gnat's backside and all the tools are straight and have great snap now.  Truly stoked about how this turned out as I was apprehensive after pulling it out of the package today.    :woohoo:

Nicely done Craftsman  :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1655 on: June 03, 2020, 08:27:09 AM
I've been switching out between my 96 and my Swisschamp :D. I really do love the Soldiers!  I'm also going to carry one of my Opinels... it's been way too long!!

Makes sense Barry  :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD