Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

1st attempt to customise a leatherman rebar 296

Newbie Posts: 13
1st attempt to customise a leatherman rebar
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:24:22 PM »
Hello people. I own a rebar since 3 years now. I bought the tool at Hamburg Germany from a guy at my neighborhood and before 1 month my medium screwdriver broke. I search some of the posts here and i decide to buy a spare flat screwdriver plus a wave scissors to add to my tool by removing the key ring and the spacer. I saw that from a guy that makes the rebar plus modification and sounded good to me. I dont own the special drivers to open the rebar pivots but people are saying to me that im going to succeed with some effort. So i came to ask  2 things. If there is such a tool on the market and how im going to find it , and the second one is about my next attend on a leatherman tool. I am thinking to customise a signal so i got 3 questions:
1st : if i can fit skeletools 154cm serrated blade and  154cm straight blade from charge on the two signals blade place
2nd: i like a lot  the coyote Colour signal but i would prefer it to have stainless metallic coloured hammer so my only option is to find 2 hammer frames , one coyote tan and one black and metallic , and try to change it. So is there any way to change the hammer of the tool or i am going to destroy the tool?
3d: is ther enough space on the bottom set of tool to fit a big screwdriver holder of wave and the t shank adaptor from 300 eod?
 That was my questions thanks for information already and know that if the mod squad didnt excist i would have some serious problem now with my broken rebar
 Greeting from Greece and enjoy summer hikes, cu

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,568 Born to multitask.
Re: 1st attempt to customise a leatherman rebar
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Loki-mobile sells the wrenches for the Rebar
Check here: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61708.510.html

Someone will answer the rest shortly. :tu:

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 02:45:58 PM »
thanks mate, truth is that i will try to unlock the pivot with some kind of specific  pliers and if i dont succed then i will maybe try those special keys for it. Anyway thanks for your reply
Global Moderator Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 47,168
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »
The Loki wrenches won't work after you damage the bolts with any other method.

Before wrenches were available people used engineer pliers. I made my own version as seen
 here

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57377.msg1033900.html#msg1033900

and here

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57328.msg1032297.html#msg1032297
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 11:51:43 PM »
SteveC with that exact post you linked there i took the decision for the rebar plus, thanks :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86
Below Goal: $243.14
Site Currency: USD
19%