Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This Sailor's/Soldier's Soldier

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
This Sailor's/Soldier's Soldier
on: June 06, 2020, 02:24:19 AM
During the Soldier challenge I noticed the modern Soldier was prone to bending on the tips above the blade tip if dropped.  (I also kind of missed the tweezers at work as pulling out splinters in the normal course of my work day is fairly common as I'm a utility lineman).  So...  I thought I would put on some Navy camo scales.  I love the way it looks, but unfortunately it is every bit as weak as the rubberized grip of the olive drab scales of the modern Soldier.  However...  it looks awesome (imo), and I've got a pair of tweezers that I will use again so I'll just bend it back into shape as needed if and when I drop it and it bends that part of the liner.   I think these are my favorite scales and as both a former sailor and soldier, this knife kind of speaks to me.  We'll see how she handles on the job.   (My Trekker's scales that I have always carried must be made from a solid piece compared to these partially hollowed out scales, as well as the olive drab Soldier scales as they are much stronger, but the cool factor is enough to leave this the way it is!)  This will be an EDC at work from now on!  I promised I'd post a follow up when I made the change - so here it is...

NavySoldier1.JPG
* NavySoldier1.JPG (Filesize: 68.38 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Re: This Sailor's/Soldier's Soldier
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 03:20:28 AM
During the Soldier challenge I noticed the modern Soldier was prone to bending on the tips above the blade tip if dropped.  (I also kind of missed the tweezers at work as pulling out splinters in the normal course of my work day is fairly common as I'm a utility lineman).  So...  I thought I would put on some Navy camo scales.  I love the way it looks, but unfortunately it is every bit as weak as the rubberized grip of the olive drab scales of the modern Soldier.  However...  it looks awesome (imo), and I've got a pair of tweezers that I will use again so I'll just bend it back into shape as needed if and when I drop it and it bends that part of the liner.   I think these are my favorite scales and as both a former sailor and soldier, this knife kind of speaks to me.  We'll see how she handles on the job.   (My Trekker's scales that I have always carried must be made from a solid piece compared to these partially hollowed out scales, as well as the olive drab Soldier scales as they are much stronger, but the cool factor is enough to leave this the way it is!)  This will be an EDC at work from now on!  I promised I'd post a follow up when I made the change - so here it is...

:cheers:

Looks great!  Too bad they don't seem as solid as you'd like, maybe they've changed the design.  But man  :o

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: This Sailor's/Soldier's Soldier
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:35 AM
The Navy camo scales are very nice!  :like: :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99